SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Kyle Turris-LC Burnaby (BCHL) 5'11 155 8-14-89 WISCONSIN

Kyle Ostrow-LC Nanaimo (BCHL) 5'9 160 9-5-87 U.DENVER

Lucas Bloodoff-LC Trail (BCHL) 6'1 196 5-5-89 57-16-24-40-46 2006 Pacific U-17 team

Ben Winnett-RW Salmon Arm (BCHL) 6' 175 4-3-89 MICHIGAN

Riley Nash-LC Salmon Arm (BCHL) 9-5-89 2006 Pacific U-17 team

Evan Trupp-LW Penticton (BCHL) 5'8 155 10-22-87 NORTH DAKOTA

Are we trying to get him since we went with Evan? That might be a good idea

That's where my trail led too, DMT. Whether we are right or not I don't know. Here's Heisenberg's top 6 BCHL players. Again, I don't think this is any sort of perfect ranking, but the fact the names are at the top of the list usually means something:

Kyle Turris-LC Burnaby (BCHL) 5'11 155 8-14-89 WISCONSIN

Kyle Ostrow-LC Nanaimo (BCHL) 5'9 160 9-5-87 U.DENVER

Lucas Bloodoff-LC Trail (BCHL) 6'1 196 5-5-89 57-16-24-40-46 2006 Pacific U-17 team

Ben Winnett-RW Salmon Arm (BCHL) 6' 175 4-3-89 MICHIGAN

Riley Nash-LC Salmon Arm (BCHL) 9-5-89 2006 Pacific U-17 team

Evan Trupp-LW Penticton (BCHL) 5'8 155 10-22-87 NORTH DAKOTA

It'd be nice to add Bloodoff and/or Nash to our 07 recruiting class.

2007 forwards:

Porter, Fabian and Foyt graduate, and Toews and Oshie are serious early departure risks. That's five.

Currently, Trupp and Hamilton are scheduled to arrive.

That leaves three openings. Could those three come from this group, who have all either been mentioned here or elsewhere?

Nash (BCHL, brother at Cornell)

Bloodoff (BCHL, from Coach Jackson's hometown))

Malone (USHL, brother played at SCSU, NHL connections)

Gregoire (USHL, Winnipeg hockey connection)

Lamoureux (USHL, Sioux name)

Toews (scheduled in 2008 and uncommited, but those Toews boys do like to accelerate)

Any other 2007 names people have heard?

2007 forwards:

Porter, Fabian and Foyt graduate, and Toews and Oshie are serious early departure risks. That's five.

Currently, Trupp and Hamilton are scheduled to arrive.

That leaves three openings. Could those three come from this group, who have all either been mentioned here or elsewhere?

Nash (BCHL, brother at Cornell)

Bloodoff (BCHL, from Coach Jackson's hometown))

Malone (USHL, brother played at SCSU, NHL connections)

Gregoire (USHL, Winnipeg hockey connection)

Lamoureux (USHL, Sioux name)

Toews (scheduled in 2008 and uncommited, but those Toews boys do like to accelerate)

Any other 2007 names people have heard?

I would throw Justin Johnson from Eau Claire North on that list because of his connection with LaPoint. He is being looked at by a number of schools including Wisconsin.

You could also add a couple of ND boys, who are playing juniors in 2006-2007. Of course this depends on if they develop fast, and become WCHA prospects:

Marc Mahulka (F-M Jets)

Paul Weisgarber (Waterloo)

Jordan Willert (Tri-City)

Mihulka and Weisgarber will probably need two years of Juniors before being ready, but Willert might be a possibility for 2007. Jordan has WCHA size and should, make a big jump this year for Tri-City.

Brad Malone mentioned in today's Wisconsin State Journal.

Malone, a 17-year-old from Miramachi, New Brunswick, is regarded as the top available North American recruit for the 2007-08 season. Red Line Report has him rated 31st on its list prospects for the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

Malone's cousin, Ryan, starred for St. Cloud State and currently is a front-line NHL winger with Pittsburgh. Brad Malone's uncle - Ryan's father - knows UW coach Mike Eaves because both worked for the Penguins. Those connections explain why Brad Malone tentatively plans to visit UW, possibly before he begins playing for Sioux Falls of the USHL this season.

Listed at 6-2 and 205 pounds, Malone also reportedly has interest in Denver, Michigan and North Dakota.

Lucas Bloodoff got traded to Kelowna this summer, so I think he might end up playing there. He's a good player, but really more of a banger, and the that doesn't seem to fit the Sioux's style of play.

It's confirmed that both Bloodoffs are going to be playing for Kelowna this year, so you can cross him off the list. http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...departures.html

Also mentioned that Brandon Kozun will not play in the NCAA. I only mention this because he was one of the top Shattuck players and an 08.

EDIT: I also noticed that Ben Blood is now listed at 6'4" 220# for Shattuck. Hmmmm. He did some growing. What school might be a good fit? (even though we don't need a D-man for 07, I think)

Also mentioned that Brandon Kozun will not play in the NCAA. I only mention this because he was one of the top Shattuck players and an 08.

EDIT: I also noticed that Ben Blood is now listed at 6'4" 220# for Shattuck. Hmmmm. He did some growing. What school might be a good fit? (even though we don't need a D-man for 07, I think)

i like the sounds of Blood, but its tough to find any info on him...the same is true of brad malone...he would be an awesome land, and malone is rumored to be interested in UND as well as du, mich., and wisco...hopefully UND can steal another recruit from UW!

I've been wondering why Ben Blood hasn't been getting more press. He's huge, had a great season at SSM, and a great U17 camp too. He just took an unofficial visit to SCSU, but I've always thought he was out of the Huskies' range. His hometown is listed as Plymouth, so I imagine UMN and UND (because of the SSM pipeline) would both be on his short list. He should be draft eligible in '07 and could go pretty high. It looks like he'll be playing for SSM again this year, so he might put in a year of juniors after that. What does the Sioux blueline look like for '08?

I've been wondering why Ben Blood hasn't been getting more press. He's huge, had a great season at SSM, and a great U17 camp too. He just took an unofficial visit to SCSU, but I've always thought he was out of the Huskies' range. His hometown is listed as Plymouth, so I imagine UMN and UND (because of the SSM pipeline) would both be on his short list. He should be draft eligible in '07 and could go pretty high. It looks like he'll be playing for SSM again this year, so he might put in a year of juniors after that. What does the Sioux blueline look like for '08?

In 08, I would expect Lee, Chorney, & maybe Finley to have left. Bina & Radke will have graduated.

This would leave:

Jones

LaPoint

Marto

There would be a need. However, I don't think you send a 6'4" 220# Shattuck guy to Juniors. My guess is that he would be a true 07.

It's confirmed that both Bloodoffs are going to be playing for Kelowna this year, so you can cross him off the list. http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...departures.html

There are still some diamonds in the ruff out in the BCHL and in Alberta. But then again if they are not from the USHL I guess they can't be that good.

There will be a lot more good recruiting talk this fall. There is still some names that haven't hit this board yet.

You could also add a couple of ND boys, who are playing juniors in 2006-2007. Of course this depends on if they develop fast, and become WCHA prospects:

Marc Mahulka (F-M Jets)

Paul Weisgarber (Waterloo)

Jordan Willert (Tri-City)

Mihulka and Weisgarber will probably need two years of Juniors before being ready, but Willert might be a possibility for 2007. Jordan has WCHA size and should, make a big jump this year for Tri-City.

How does Mihulka compare to Grant Potulny at this point in their careers? It seems to me that Mihulka may be one of those guys that was good in high school, not highly recruited by colleges, but would bring a ton of hard work and intangibles to UND.

Anybody know who a slightly built, maybe like TJ's build. about 6'0 or 6'1 kid would be? He had dirty blonde hair and was walking through the Student Union today with Eades.

Not sure on hair color, but Riley Nash has a common Sioux background and fits the description:

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=175980