SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Remember the name Seth Soley from Eau Claire Memorial for the '08 or '09 class.

Well, if we are going to start looking at Wisconsin boys we might as well add Zach Morbeck to the mix. Good kid, 1988 born, from a solid family. Has played with Lapoint on many occasions. Younger brother (known as CornDog) will be even better. Youngest brother 1993, will be very good as well. Just adding my two cents on Wisco boys.

Well, if we are going to start looking at Wisconsin boys we might as well add Zach Morbeck to the mix. Good kid, 1988 born, from a solid family. Has played with Lapoint on many occasions. Younger brother (known as CornDog) will be even better. Youngest brother 1993, will be very good as well. Just adding my two cents on Wisco boys.

Where is he from, where has he played? Where is he going to be playing? Never heard of the kid before. AAA kid i'm assuming?

Where is he from, where has he played? Where is he going to be playing? Never heard of the kid before. AAA kid i'm assuming?

Plays for the Wellington Dukes in the Ontario Junior A league (not OHL). Has played on several AAA teams for Wisconsin and other all star teams.

Just to change speeds, I still think the Sioux should be looking at Wade Poplawski from Winnipeg. Smart 1986 born, mobile defencemen. Would be a shame to see him go elsewhere and show his stuff.

Chris, (or anybody), is Riley Nash related to the "other" Nash?

So far as I know, he's not related to Rick Nash, since they're from different parts of Canada.

He does have an older brother named Brendan that will play for Cornell next season.

Also, this is kind of quirky, but I found an old NPR segment where Riley is talking about the affect of the NHL lockout on youth hockey. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4113001

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....corndogs.....

So far as I know, he's not related to Rick Nash, since they're from different parts of Canada.

He does have an older brother named Brendan that will play for Cornell next season.

Also, this is kind of quirky, but I found an old NPR segment where Riley is talking about the affect of the NHL lockout on youth hockey. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4113001

Found the same thing while doing my own search. An interesting story.

Riley is the brother of Brendon, who'll be a freshman blueliner for Cornell this year. Pending his academic profile he figures to be high on Cornell's wishlist. Riley is also reportedly a talented lacrosse player. It would probably be impossible to play both in college, but if it could be done one would suspect Cornell might be high on Riley's list as well.

Riley is the brother of Brendon, who'll be a freshman blueliner for Cornell this year. Pending his academic profile he figures to be high on Cornell's wishlist. Riley is also reportedly a talented lacrosse player. It would probably be impossible to play both in college, but if it could be done one would suspect Cornell might be high on Riley's list as well.

Not impossible. On a USCHO thread a while back (forgive me because I can't remember exactly which) the posters talked about a few hockey players who also played lacrosse.

EDIT: Here is the thread. (I sure hope it works for all of you. I tested it...)

Not impossible. On a USCHO thread a while back (forgive me because I can't remember exactly which) the posters talked about a few hockey players who also played lacrosse.

Link worked for me -- thanks. Moulson never played lax for Cornell, at least not that I can remember. This past year, Cornell's hockey season wrapped up at about the midpoint of their lax season. So it would seem to be possible, though tough. This year's Cornell lax team welcomes Minnesota's Ryan Hurley (Holy Angels' hockey captain). Too bad he wasn't a blueliner...man, could they use some added depth this year.

Anyone know anything about this Cichy kid? I don't recall hearing him mentioned.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/juniors/20060...7JuniorNEHJ.htm

The colleges are already making their interest well known. Both Denver and North Dakota offered scholarships at the Northwood Tournament this year, Higney said, and numerous other schools are in hot pursuit.

It is interesting that Cichy chose to play for the NTDP this season, but I still think he's a long shot for the NCAA. I really do think that, at the end of this coming season (or near the beginning of the 2007-2008 season), Cichy will be in the Q.

But if we can get him, let's get him.

That's called not burning your bridges on Cichy's part. Right up until Toews signed on the the dotted line to attend UND, Tri-City was convinced he was going to show up at their training camp too.

I guess, but it's not like he's losing anything if he says, "I want to play college hockey." If anything, it's probably more to his advantage to say that he's not interested in the Q and try and get a better contract out of it. That seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

I guess, but it's not like he's losing anything if he says, "I want to play college hockey." If anything, it's probably more to his advantage to say that he's not interested in the Q and try and get a better contract out of it. That seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

Precisely. I won't believe that Cichy is college bound until he reports to campus and, even then, the Q has been notorious as of late in terms of swiping players even after they've suited up (like Pineault, Bourque, etc.)

I can't believe that no one has noticed that our new coach has something in common with a pretty good recruit. Hopefully it will help land him.

This is just message board speculation to throw out there.

Lucas Bloodoff

I assume this is a brother, Evan Bloodoff.

Evan Bloodoff is expected to play in Kelowna with the WHL's Rockets after turning heads all last season in the KIJHL at the tender age of fifteen.

He was drafted 2 places after David Toews.

That's where my trail led too, DMT. Whether we are right or not I don't know. Here's Heisenberg's top 6 BCHL players. Again, I don't think this is any sort of perfect ranking, but the fact the names are at the top of the list usually means something:

Kyle Turris-LC Burnaby (BCHL) 5'11 155 8-14-89 WISCONSIN

Kyle Ostrow-LC Nanaimo (BCHL) 5'9 160 9-5-87 U.DENVER

Lucas Bloodoff-LC Trail (BCHL) 6'1 196 5-5-89 57-16-24-40-46 2006 Pacific U-17 team

Ben Winnett-RW Salmon Arm (BCHL) 6' 175 4-3-89 MICHIGAN

Riley Nash-LC Salmon Arm (BCHL) 9-5-89 2006 Pacific U-17 team

Evan Trupp-LW Penticton (BCHL) 5'8 155 10-22-87 NORTH DAKOTA