SiouxSports.com Forum

WWU Vikings at UND

jimdahl

The AD seems to be quite a character. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really like Buning. He did quite a few push-ups today. Does as many as the Sioux have points everytime they score. The guy is in pretty good shape, he did 47 like it was nothing.

He seems like he's really excited to be here. I like that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They got the GVSU-Ashland score wrong too. They got the Delta State-North Alabama score right, but show it as having gone to OT. The Lions destroyed the Statesmen 56-21. What is up with that place? They are always going down on saturdays and often times have incorrect scores. They need to upgrade their server or provider or something.

This team is starting to click on all cylinders. The offense has found an identity (pound the ball up the middle with Beatty, utilize the short and medium range passing game with Dressler, take the occasional shot down the field and throw in a couple of designed QB runs). Both Belmore and Manke look sharp. The defense is already settling into clamp-down mode; we could have had the shutout today if we had chosen to leave our starters in. Even the reserves did a great job for most of the second half. Special teams continue to be special. And the coaches keep coming up with great game plans week after week.

As for the concerns that this team hasn't been tested yet, there is some validity to that. But I know that if these games were close, people would be on here worrying about how we will fare in the conference schedule and wondering if we are any good this season. The object of football is to score as many points as possible on offense and give up as few as possible on defense. The fact that the Sioux are executing so well in all areas should not be a cause for concern, but a cause to be excited.

What is scary about this team is that they are blowing out teams that are not devoid of talent. We are not talking about UM-Crookston or MSU-Moorhead. We are talking about programs that have had some success in recent history and that have talent. Most people expected this team to have as much talent as any in school history. The big question (Will all that talent mesh?) is being answered with a resounding "yes". The conference season starts next week with a team that we have had our hands full with in the past. But Dale Lennon and his staff know how to prepare a team for any situation and I am confident that they will prevent the team from becoming overconfident. I think everyone should just sit back and enjoy what could be the most talented team UND has ever had.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I think the starting defense has only given up 10 points this year. Against CWU, they had a defensive td in the third quarter, and the two td's were in the last 8 minutes against the reserves. West Chester had a td in the second quarter, so that's 7. Winona State had a field goal in the first quarter, and their other field goal was after the starters had come out, so that's a total of 10 against the starters. And Westen Washington's only td came well after the starters had been removed. Also, 132 of Western Washington's 208 total yards yesterday came in their last three possessions, which again occurred vs. the reserves (many of whom were third-stringers).

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I think the starting defense has only given up 10 points this year. Against CWU, they had a defensive td in the third quarter, and the two td's were in the last 8 minutes against the reserves. West Chester had a td in the second quarter, so that's 7. Winona State had a field goal in the first quarter, and their other field goal was after the starters had come out, so that's a total of 10 against the starters. And Westen Washington's only td came well after the starters had been removed.  Also, 132 of Western Washington's 208 total yards yesterday came in their last three possessions, which again occurred vs. the reserves (many of whom were third-stringers).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the starters have given up 10...how many have they scored? Could it be our starters on D are outscoring the other teams O???