SiouxSports.com Forum

WWU Vikings at UND

jimdahl

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Touchdown Sioux after an interception by Digger Anderson.

1st down pass from Belmore to Grossman, Grossman runs it in for the TD.

13:42 to go in third quarter. 34-0 Sioux.

Here's a fun fact: New UND AD Tom Buning does pushups after every Sioux score. Apparently he just whipped out 34 pretty easily. Those Army guys....

Sioux mount a decent drive, but are facing 4th and 6. Glas misses 31 yd field goal. Flag on the play. Running into the kicker.

Glas now attempting 26 yd. field goal down middle of field. Good. 44-7 Sioux. 30 sec. to go in 3rd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought running into the kicker produced a 1st down?

Glas attempting another field goal. 3rd QB was in on the drive but don't know his name. Glas kick good...wanna say it was about a 30-some yarder - didn't catch the distance. About 5 minutes to go in the game. 47-7 Sioux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The QB is Shad Carney

A few stats:

10, 681 fans in attendance

Offensively

513 total yards

250 rushing

263 throwing

Belmore 9 of 15, 175 yds, 4 TD's (2 TD's to Dressler, 2 TD's to Grossman)

22 first downs

Wins time of possession - 31:35

Defensively

Ross Brennan: 2 sacks, 2 QB hurries, 2 tackles for loss

Tyler Dahlen: 6 solo tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 QB sack

Digger Anderson: 5 solo tackles, 1 interception

Jeff Glas moves into 2nd place on all-time scoring chart. Passed RB Philip Moore.

Digger's 5 solo tackles today move him to 4 shy of Andy Dahlen's all-time record.

Just got back from the game. Great to win but second half pretty anti-climatic. Our guys look SMOOTH. Dressler is a sight to behold. Buning makes push ups look real easy-he did plenty today.

Defensive lined up 3/4 every time regardless of what the offense was doing. Wonder if they'll continue this against tougher offense.

Wish you guys could be here live.

If UND plays like they should, they shouldn't be tested next week either. This is a very very good team. They have absolutely destroyed four teams that are at least average without much if any difficulty. And Dressler is incredible. The thought of him in two years as a senior is scary.

Good game today. Nice showing by the fans. As usual the defense was stellar, but seemed to allow WW to convert on alot of third downs. This was by far the best showing by the offense so far this season. Easily Belmore's best game, he looked poised and confident, and I can only remember him missing one throw. Dressler was fantastic as usual. His catch and long run for a TD was display of him turning on the afterburners. The punt return TD that got called back was unfortunate, but it was the right call. It was the block that freed him, the tackler missed him by only a foot or so. Glas was great, hitting two monster field goals, 48 and 52 yards I think. But for some reason he wasn't booming kickoffs into the endzone today as usual.

I though these quotes were pretty good, I found them on WWU's website from their head coach:

"North Dakota was everything we expected," said Western head coach Rob Smith. "It was a good old-fashioned fanny kicking."

But I'm not going to make excuses, we got our butts kicked...

I am happy that the Sioux are playing so well, however I would really like to see a competative game to see how good they really are. I think the next couple of weeks will show us a little more excitement. One can't complain though, a win is a win.