SiouxSports.com Forum

17 more days

willistonsioux

You know, as much as I'd love some fireworks vs. Denver, I'm thinking Hakstol will have the team so tightly wound that nothing will happen outside of the yapping coming out of Prpich's mouth.

Just my guess. Hakstol has such good control over the team last year I don't think it will be any different.

Had lunch with a very well respected hockey watcher...he said the Sioux are absolutely LOADED! He's watched several of the incoming freshemen skate over the last year or two and assured me this will be a very, very exciting team to watch. Lots of goals.

He also said Mr. Finley will surprise most of us with his skating ability; a force to be reckoned with in the WCHA is how he summarized things.

Hurry up and drop the freakin' puck! :silly:

Had lunch with a very well respected hockey watcher...he said the Sioux are absolutely LOADED! He's watched several of the incoming freshemen skate over the last year or two and assured me this will be a very, very exciting team to watch. Lots of goals.

He also said Mr. Finley will surprise most of us with his skating ability; a force to be reckoned with in the WCHA is how he summarized things.

Hurry up and drop the freakin' puck!  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a good thing to hear! Especially on Finley's skating ability. The bigger they are, the more skating becomes a concern.

I still think it sucks that it's still over 2 weeks away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kauk?

I want to see how the defenseman look. At forward we will be more than fine as there is a lot of scoring potential there and it is an easier position for a freshman. The potential of this year's team will fall on the shoulder's of the defenseman. If they can progress as a unit throughout the year this team has a chance to have another good post season run. I specifically want to see Radke, has he done the work necessary in the offseason to make an impact? I sure hope so because he will be needed. Based on what I saw last year he needed to get a lot stronger and play a better positional game. He was often caught out of position costing the team goals and I think that is the main reason the coaches pulled the plug on his playing time.

Finley taking out Paukovich

and

Toews vs. Kessel

I mean the Denver and Minnesota series

I can already here the students chanting with minutes left in the Saturday night game vs. minni

TOEWS IS BET TER da da dadadada TOEWS IS BET TER

and then see the stick salute

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You read my mind.