SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruits

#1Hakfan

oh......ok.......so as i see it, now its down to UND, Minnesota, ndsu and Mayville State for Anderson. Well, that certainly ups the ante and price for Anderson now that Mayville is involved. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. The Gophers and Sioux didn't worry me, but now that Mayville is in the picture I guess the Bison can kiss him good-bye. :D

I stopped in to the Stephen Argyle vs Crookston boys basketball game last night and was fortunate enough to see Gratzek throw down a monstrous dunk on the fast break before I left. Not much of a game but it was fun to see the athleticism of the big guy. Stephen Argyle won 75-46 or something like that.

I was thinking the same thing. The Gophers and Sioux didn't worry me, but now that Mayville is in the picture I guess the Bison can kiss him good-bye. ;)

Matt's parents are Mayville State graduates and strong members of the MSU Alumni Association. They raise a great deal of money in the Pembina County area for the college - stranger things have happened.

I know Gratzek is in Fargo this weekend and according to what I've been told is leaning heavily towards NDSU. From what I was told it sounds as though he's looking to major in engineering and likes the prospect of playing at the D-1 level.

Seems Tibesar had responsibility for Wisconsin recruting, as he was heading to Wisconsin when he received the job offer from Kansas State. Hope this change doesn't hurt Wisco recruiting.

I was thinking the same thing, but between the fact that Lennon and the rest of the staff are still here, that Tibesar left prior to most, and perhaps all on-campus visits, and that there are so many other Wisconsin kids on the team right now who can vouch for what kind of a program it is once they're on campus for a vist, we should be fine.

Does a athlete have time to be a engineering major? I know school should come first, but I have heard that most athletes that come to major in engineering find out their 1st semester that they don't have the time. Can anyone help me with this.

Depends on the kid, some kids can handle the load and some kids can't

Does a athlete have time to be a engineering major? I know school should come first, but I have heard that most athletes that come to major in engineering find out their 1st semester that they don't have the time. Can anyone help me with this.

I know there were at least 6 engineering majors on the football team when I was there.

I watched Gratzek play BB yesterday and for the first time I realized how thick he is. He is a speciman and could potentially get bigger. The only thing I believe is that he is not big enough to be a lineman in D-2 or for that matter D-1. He would have to become either a linebacker or even a TE. I think he could flourish in both. He is as good a athlete I have seen around here in a long time. Sure would be nice for the Sioux to get a linbacker that I believe could have Diggerish potential.

Per the Forum this morning, Landon Smith (Dickinson Trinity), is going to play FB at SU. Unfortunate, his brother, Lee, played for us a few years ago!

That's disappointing, to say the least. This was in the same article:

The commitments of Smith and LaMoure offensive lineman Michael Arndt give NDSU two of the top recruits in the state. Running back Matt Anderson of Cavalier, considered by most the state

That would be good news, as he's a nice player. Any word on Evan Sauvageau?

The inside word at South is that Evan will be at UND. I have a good source, but we'll have to wait to hear it from him. FYI, Evan was more of a UND fan than NDSU, but I'm sure we all know which way his coach is leaning. :D

There is a chance Oksendahl might leave UND according to this story.

http://naiafootball.net/article.php?articleID=1108

When asked if Tim would leave UND and play at Mayville State if he accepted the

job, Oksendahl replied, "I'd say that's a strong possibility.

Oksendahl didn't get (or didn't take) the Mayville job, so apparently Tim will stay at UND. Hopefully this bodes well for UND's recruitment of Matt Anderson.