SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruits

#1Hakfan

I was just wondering who will be the top area kids being recruited by UND? Which players will UND and NDSU have recruiting wars over? Last year there seemed to be a lot of top athletes in the area, is there that much talent around this year or is it down compared to last year? Is the running back from Cavalier going to be the big prize this year?

Matt Anderson from Cavalier will likely be the most sought-after player in ND this year. Other area kids who should draw some considerable college interest are Jake Landry and Ryan Kasowski, and possibly one or two other kids from Central. I'm sure there are others, particularly in northwest Minnesota.

I cant believe that no one is contributing to this thread. I want to know who are the studs in Bismark? Who is the best player in Fargo? How about Detroit Lakes or Crookston, is there any players to follow this fall. Any boys in the Twin Cities to be interested in.

I cant believe that no one is contributing to this thread.  I want to know who are the studs in Bismark?  Who is the best player in Fargo?  How about Detroit Lakes or Crookston, is there any players to follow this fall.  Any boys in the Twin Cities to be interested in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know some stud high school players in the Houston area, but I don't think UND will recruit this far south.

I cant believe that no one is contributing to this thread.  I want to know who are the studs in Bismark?  Who is the best player in Fargo?  How about Detroit Lakes or Crookston, is there any players to follow this fall.  Any boys in the Twin Cities to be interested in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Detroit Lakes has a lineman named Zach Fulmer. Great feet, great technique.

6' 2'' 245lbs. Played bb and baseball. Great upside. OT and DT. UND is on him.

They have a linebacker named Brent Eidenschink. 6' 1'' 215lbs. 4 yr starter. Also great wrestler. Has been 3 yr All-American (Greco-Roman) and placed in top 3 at Mn. State Wrestling Tourney last two years. Good chance he could be All-State in FB and could be Academic All-State. Only question is average speed but could be a DE in College. Has D1 wrestling offers but doesn't know if he wants to wrestle or play FB. Hard nosed and he will knock your dick stiff.

Detroit Lakes should be very tough defensively and will go back to the veer but doesn't have great speed at the skill positions. Inexperience at QB and only average speed at RB. In addition Alexandria is back in AAAA this year and they should be pretty good. Sartell has an excellent RB 5'10'' and about 225lbs but had to sit last year for rules violations. Rumor was it was something similar to what Randy Moss does once in a blue moon.

Bismarck High's top player is probably OL/DL Dylan Glasser, who is about 6'3", 270. Weston Dressler's younger brother Ryan may be someone to keep an eye on, as well, although I don't believe his speed compares to Weston's. Bismarck High plays at Grand Forks Central tonight and that should be a very interesting game.

How good is GF Centrals Andrew Schultz? Sounds like he put on a great show friday.

Sundays GF Hearld talked about Warren-Alvarado-Oslo player DJ McGregor who is 6'2" 310 pounds being a possible recruit at tackle.

Does anyone know if Joel Schwenzfeier from Kittson Central is a brother to the Sioux player.

Micheal Forney sounds like a great QB, but I would guess he will pursue a hockey career.

A few more of the top ND seniors this year:

Austin Richard, Fargo South, OL, 6'4", 305

Cole Zarak, Wahpeton, OL, 6'3", 285

Reggie Stecher, Bismarck St. Mary's, kicker

Landon Smith, Dickinson Trinity, TE/LB (ex-Sioux Lee Smith's brother, I think)

Michael Arndt, LaMoure, OL/DL, 6'6", 260 (brother plays for NDSU)

Lee Vandal, Rolla-Rock Lake, LB, 6'0", 210

Adam Forsch, Washburn, OL/DL, 6'3", 240

Chris Bauer, New Salem, RB/DB, 5'10, 160

A few more of the top ND seniors this year:

Austin Richard, Fargo South, OL, 6'4", 305

Cole Zarak, Wahpeton, OL, 6'3", 285

Reggie Stecher, Bismarck St. Mary's, kicker

Landon Smith, Dickinson Trinity, TE/LB (ex-Sioux Lee Smith's brother, I think)

Michael Arndt, LaMoure, OL/DL, 6'6", 260 (brother plays for NDSU)

Lee Vandal, Rolla-Rock Lake, LB, 6'0", 210

Adam Forsch, Washburn, OL/DL, 6'3", 240

Chris Bauer, New Salem, RB/DB, 5'10, 160

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Austin Richard is a junior.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Solum is just a junior, so it's probably too early to draw any conclusions, but he'd have to be considerably faster than he was last spring to be a dI player. He was nowhere near Ryan Chappell in the 100 when the two ran against each other. At about 5'9", 175 pounds (give or take a few pounds), he'd have to be an absolute burner to be considered a true dI prospect. He may get there, but I don't think he is at this point. I'm sure UND will be interested in him, though. He's obviously a very productive back.

Solum is just a junior, so it's probably too early to draw any conclusions, but he'd have to be considerably faster than he was last spring to be a dI player. He was nowhere near Ryan Chappell in the 100 when the two ran against each other. At about 5'9", 175 pounds (give or take a few pounds), he'd have to be an absolute burner to be considered a true dI prospect. He may get there, but I don't think he is at this point. I'm sure UND will be interested in him, though. He's obviously a very productive back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree but speed isn't everything. This kid sees things before they happen. Chappell didn't.

I agree but speed isn't everything. This kid sees things before they happen. Chappell didn't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that speed isn't everything for a back, see Shannon Burnell as exhibit A, but it's a very rare occurrence for a dI program to offer a scholarship to a smallish running back who doesn't have true sprinter's speed. Even Phillip Moore, one of the fastest running backs ND has ever produced, only attracted dI attention as a defensive back. You're evidently pretty tuned into the South program. Which schools do you see recruiting him (and Richard)?

I agree that speed isn't everything for a back, see Shannon Burnell as exhibit A, but it's a very rare occurrence for a dI program to offer a scholarship to a smallish running back who doesn't have true sprinter's speed. Even Phillip Moore, one of the fastest running backs ND has ever produced, only attracted dI attention as a defensive back. You're evidently pretty tuned into the South program. Which schools do you see recruiting him (and Richard)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Minnesota has been talking to both of them. Solumn was actually invited to the Gopher game this past weekend and got treated pretty nice from what I hear (somehow that doesn't break any NCAA rules?).

Richard is a very nice prospect. He's big, stong, and pretty agile too. From my understanding he's been talking to the Gophs, Wisconsin and a few other big time teams.

• 1 month later...