SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruits

#1Hakfan

Anderson would make a heck of a noseguard with about 35-40 pounds more on him. Or maybe TE? He's faster than Kleinsasser was at that age and already bigger. With his speed, would he be better suited on offense carrying the ball, or on defense hawking it?

How big is he? Speed is somewhat difficult to really judge considering a 200M time doesn't necessarily translate to explosive speed on the football field, although it obviously shows he's a great athlete. More importantly is how quick is he relative to his size?

How big is he? Speed is somewhat difficult to really judge considering a 200M time doesn't necessarily translate to explosive speed on the football field, although it obviously shows he's a great athlete. More importantly is how quick is he relative to his size?

He's 6'3" and somewhere in the 210 range. His top-end speed is very good, but I doubt his 40 time is anything spectacular judging by what I saw of him in the 100 meters last spring. He'd invariably be last or at least close to last for the first 20-30 meters, but then run down everybody by the end of the race.

As far as his recruitment is concerned, let's hope Oksendahl, Trenbeath and Sundby are very persuasive. ???

He's 6'3" and somewhere in the 210 range. His top-end speed is very good, but I doubt his 40 time is anything spectacular judging by what I saw of him in the 100 meters last spring. He'd invariably be last or at least close to last for the first 20-30 meters, but then run down everybody by the end of the race.

As far as his recruitment is concerned, let's hope Oksendahl, Trenbeath and Sundby are very persuasive. ;)

Word out of Cavalier is that Anderson is leaning towards going to UND, but I want to stress that this is only second hand information I heard from some UND boosters that live in Cavalier. They said coach Oksendahl is bitter that NDSU did not recruit his son and therefore he is making it hard on the Bison coaches. Again I want to stress this is what I was told from UND fans that live in Cavalier. I don't need SMN saying that I am just making up excuses when and if Anderson lands with the Sioux. Either program would be lucky to have him, a solid player and a good kid from what I am told.

Anderson would make a heck of a noseguard with about 35-40 pounds more on him. Or maybe TE? He's faster than Kleinsasser was at that age and already bigger. With his speed, would he be better suited on offense carrying the ball, or on defense hawking it?

Gratzek looks to be born to play middle linebacker.

Great question. Hopefully it isn't an either/or situation. At least it shouldn't be. Would imagine both of these guys may get real serious looks at higher levels than UND after most recent performances. TV guys couldn't stop talking about Gratzek yesterday. And Anderson's senior year was incredible, minus the title game of course.

If indeed it comes down to being an either/or situation, it will likely be because one of them ended up at a higher level.

I think anderson would be a solid fit at the linebacker spot after a year of redshirting/ I think they'll also try get him a few short yardage touches.

He won't be a nose guard period. He will play linebacker or RB, but likely linebacker. I don't think he is as big as Kleinsasser was at that age either. I am not sure what he runs the 40 in but I think he ran a faster 200m than Jim did. There isn't a coach in the world who would play him at noseguard. He has great speed and size for a linebacker.

Now I realize that he won't play noseguard, BUT who would have projected Mark Callahan as a noseguard? Or how about Ross Brennan? Both were pretty decent high school running backs. ;)

Now I realize that he won't play noseguard, BUT who would have projected Mark Callahan as a noseguard? Or how about Ross Brennan? Both were pretty decent high school running backs. ;)

I'd like to maybe see him get some reps at defensive end if hes comfortable. That is if he doesn't pan out at linebacker.

Brennan played D Tackle in highschool and was a bruiser back with no breakaway speed once so ever. He was also enormous in highschool as well.

I heard that Anderson will probably end up at Minnesota..

I would be surprised if that was the case, As 1A football in ND doesn't gain that much exposure. Mason may go back to the well though , after seeing how well eslinger played thoughout his career.

I would be surprised if that was the case, As 1A football in ND doesn't gain that much exposure. Mason may go back to the well though , after seeing how well eslinger played thoughout his career.

I would tend to agree. Not to say it's impossible that he'd go to Minnesota, but if the Gophers are really interested, it would have to be a recent thing (within the past month), since Anderson himself told the Herald about a month ago that UND and NDSU were the two schools he's considering.

I would tend to agree. Not to say it's impossible that he'd go to Minnesota, but if the Gophers are really interested, it would have to be a recent thing (within the past month), since Anderson himself told the Herald about a month ago that UND and NDSU were the two schools he's considering.

Word of mouth was around 6 weeks ago, Minny started to show quite a bit of interest in him. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out with him though. Haven't seen a middle linebacker attract this much attention in the state since Sean Hoffman in the mid 90's.

Gratzek named second team all state as an offensive lineman by the Associated Press.

Another kid who made the all state team and who is apparently on UND's radar is Ty Boyle of International Falls. link

I think Gratzek would be a great fit with the sioux, What other schools is he looking at/ looking at him?

Edited by X2theZ

Another kid who may be a prospect is Jake Krause from Moorhead. He was named second team A.P. all-state as a wide receiver. Have any of you guys in the F-M area seen him play?

Great kid and great player. I know his parents and they are just a great family. This kid can catch the ball too. Speed and strenght are his question marks but they can always be improved.

Also, he's an amazing baseball player and has talk to the Gophers about playing baseball there.

Great kid and great player. I know his parents and they are just a great family. This kid can catch the ball too. Speed and strenght are his question marks but they can always be improved.

Also, he's an amazing baseball player and has talk to the Gophers about playing baseball there.

Thanks jack, its people like you that make this site great.

Here's confirmation that Minnesota is indeed interested in Anderson. Whether he gets a scholarship offer remains to be seen.

Again, new to this board, but I am curious. I know that UND & NDSU recruit some of the same players but what do you guys think of NDSU recruiting some of the more nationwide urban areas (for "speed") while only showing passing interest in those athletes that UND is recruiting hard? I am new to the whole D2 thing but after visiting both yours and NDSU's boards I also think IAA is interesting but I don't know if I understand the whole IAA thing yet. For now I am a brand new D2 man and props to UND. How many rides or scholarships do you offer for football? My school currently offers 18 but we will soon be up to 23.

From allcanadagridiron.com:

University of North Dakota is showing very strong interest in Leduc LB Curtis Dublanko. other schools also showing some interest lately include Idaho, Central Florida and Hawaii.

C'mon, who'd want to go to school in Hawaii or Florida if you can go to UND? ;)

Krause will also be the captain of the Moorhead hockey team this winter. He is a gamer. I think he'd look very good in Green and White.

There is a chance Oksendahl might leave UND according to this story.

http://naiafootball.net/article.php?articleID=1108

When asked if Tim would leave UND and play at Mayville State if he accepted the

job, Oksendahl replied, "I'd say that's a strong possibility.

If Tim wants to transfer to play for his father, that's certainly his prerogative, but as far as Rod is concerned, it seems a little unseemly that he would publicly state that if hired, he and Tim would likely be a package deal.