SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Hockey Seats May Go

Lobo

Four in the lower for the students would show empty seats on television unless that's all the students had (four sections).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have no facts for this claim. If the seats were a random process, I would agree with you. If they are determined by people waiting in line or seniority for how many games the students have gone to, I strongly disagree.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no facts for this claim. If the seats were a random process, I would agree with you. If they are determined by people waiting in line or seniority for how many games the students have gone to, I strongly disagree.

I only have what my eyes tell me, that is true. However, I don't think you'd like to have someone get the actual numbers (scans) to see how many of the 2200 student seats are used by students on average. I don't believe it would help the case for the students.

But let's be clear on one thing: I'm speaking of today's situation, what I've witnessed. Your reply seems to speak from the POV of if they assigned four student reserved sections in the lower.

But let's be clear on one thing: I'm speaking of today's situation, what I've witnessed. Your reply seems to speak from the POV of if they assigned four student reserved sections in the lower.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct, I believe that a four-section student section on the lower level would be full. Students, and any fans in general, are taken away from the atmosphere in the upper level. I don't think it has to be this way, but the atmosphere needs to improve on the lower level before anything great can be expected from the upper level.

Does anyone have a good replacement cheer for the b.s. chant that occurs after a really bad mistake by the ref?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to Greg Shepherd, there is no need for such a cheer. :silly:

The only suggestion I have to create a better atmosphere in the Ralph would be to simply cheer like the Canadians do. I'm sure some of you were at the championship game for the World Juniors. The whole place was red just like it is green for Sioux games and it was the loudest it has ever been in there and I have probably missed about three games since the Ralph opened. And as I recall the Canada fans were just loud fans chanting "Go Canada Go" the whole game and also they didn't do any cheers with swearing. So there are ways to liven up the Ralph but that would mean everybody would have to get into the games not just the students and a couple hundred other die hard fans it means the dead beats actually may have to stand up and cheer once in a while.

and also they didn't do any cheers with swearing. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The atmosphere during Canada's game was great and a lot of fun, but you must not have been sitting in the section I was. I'm not saying the whole arena were swearing during their cheers, but there were a few cheers from out section with about 50-100 people were they were swearing.

The only suggestion I have to create a better atmosphere in the Ralph would be to simply cheer like the Canadians do.  I'm sure some of you were at the championship game for the World Juniors.  The whole place was red just like it is green for Sioux games and it was the loudest it has ever been in there and I have probably missed about three games since the Ralph opened.  And as I recall the Canada fans were just loud fans chanting "Go Canada Go" the whole game and also they didn't do any cheers with swearing.  So there are ways to liven up the Ralph but that would mean everybody would have to get into the games not just the students and a couple hundred other die hard fans it means the dead beats actually may have to stand up and cheer once in a while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We can't cheer like the Canadians, beer isn't allowed in the student section :silly:

Hey why don't we have Lienies Creamy Dark Beer upstairs too  :silly:

Then everyone would be happy  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Creamy Dark is disguisting.

As for the a replacement to the B.S. cheer, there's always the ever-popular high school cheer: "nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed"

What, you guys ain't clever enuff to sneak in a hip flask full of some high grade Russian Anti-Freeze in with you??  :lol:  I though you went to college to learn how to do stuff like this.  :silly:  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The students get strip searched. It wouldn't be so bad if it were done by a hot chick, but it is typically done by a bald guy with anger issues and an inferiority complex. :lol: