SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Article

neoflex

Weren't you the poster that Diggler and I were arguing with earlier this season because you wanted Hakstol's head and thought that this team was going nowhere?

What do you think of Hakstol and the team now?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are we going to start this "I'm a genius and you're not" nonsense again? Give it a rest. This is no time for Sioux fans to be ripping on each other.

The player who left Parise lying in the crease was Tyler Hirsch -- evidence that postgame, net-crashing episode during the Final Five was simply practice.

This is wrong on so many levels, but Reuesse owes me the diet Moutain Dew I just spewed ... :lol::lol:

Reusse Quote:

"Some of the young guys ... I think it was a great learning learning experience to be here," Gophers coach Don Lucia said.

Ah, yes, the uncertainty of youth.

Our noble Gophers used a whopping 10 sophomores and freshmen among the 19 players on the ice Thursday, and those sneaky NoDakers played a mere nine.

Great article. I am really sick of hearing about Minnesota's youth. What a game by the Sioux.

Over at GPL they are blaming Irmen & Poltulny anim_rofl2.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Potulny and Irmen were just not effective the last 20 games. They looked leg-weary ... whether from conditioning or being overplayed the first 20 games, i can't say. I was worried the 11 day layoff would give them the rest needed to get their legs back, but it sure didn't happen.

Irmen's "revenge charge" against Greene was plain funny.

Reusse's article is just plain true - No matter what, Lucia simply can not give props to the Fighting Sioux...The gophs get the easy path, the Sioux take the hard route and when they meet and the Sioux win, Lucia can't say the Sioux are a good team and wish them well - all he can say is "we are a young team"...Props to Reusse for calling him on it...

I don't agree. I listened to 'CCO last night on the way home from watching the game. Lucia said that usually at this time of the year the best team wins the game, and the best team won the game last night.

I thought he was very deferential in his comments after the game.

Potulny and Irmen were just not effective the last 20 games. They looked leg-weary ... whether from conditioning or being overplayed the first 20 games, i can't say. I was worried the 11 day layoff would give them the rest needed to get their legs back, but it sure didn't happen.

Irmen's "revenge charge" against Greene was plain funny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh...the only thing better than beating the gophers is when their fans turn on them. At Sensors last night the gopher fans were just pissed and ripping on the gopher players for weak plays. Awesome.

I don't agree.  I listened to 'CCO last night on the way home from watching the game.  Lucia said that usually at this time of the year the best team wins the game, and the best team won the game last night.

I thought he was very deferential in his comments after the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't go mixing in reality with the Lucia haters Dagies! :lol:

Over at GPL they are blaming Irmen & Poltulny anim_rofl2.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you expect? Hirsch, Irmen, and Potulny carried the team most of the season, with the help of Briggs for a while. Briggs really isn't that good, so he took his heat long ago when he fell apart. Hirsch had a psychotric break or discipline problem, so he was done. Irmen and Potulny are good, but they can't expect to do it all. CC is proof of that.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5336645.html

Great article posted in the Minneapolis Startribune which pretty much sums up the game and season for the Sioux and gophers.

The man Reusse just cracks me up.

Way to go Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was a classic Reusse article the man calls them as he sees them. I think Donnie could have give UND more credit, since the Sioux pretty much manhandled UofM in every aspect of the game.