SiouxSports.com Forum

Good luck and thank you

PCM

I never do this, but I saw Matt Greene at Suite 49 on Monday night. I walked right over to him and shook his hand and told him that everyone is very proud of how the Sioux handled themselves last weekend. He was very respectful and humble and simply thanked me for my comments and that was that. It gave me a sense that these guys have their heads together and are not overconfident, but ready to play.

Let's Go Sioux.

Seems like just yesterday when

- Jake Brandt

- Brian Canady

- Nick Fuher

- Quinn Fylling

- Colby Genoway

- Matt Jones

- James Massen

- Rory McMahon

- Andy Schneider

were a freshman class of Sioux hockey players.

It's been a ride boys.

Thanks for playing for us, the fans.

And don't worry about us now, go make yourselves proud.

North Dakota dosnt get much respect on many things in the nation, but the feeling you get when the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux take the ice and the fans from UND are louder than any other school bigger than us like BC or Mn it is Noth Dakotas Pride for our Sioux.

Thank You, Seniors for the Memories Good Luck! :sad:

Seems like just yesterday when

- Jake Brandt

- Brian Canady

- Nick Fuher

- Quinn Fylling

- Colby Genoway

- Matt Jones

- James Massen

- Rory McMahon

- Andy Schneider

were a freshman class of Sioux hockey players.

It's been a ride boys.

Thanks for playing for us, the fans.

And don't worry about us now, go make yourselves proud.

Agreed.

And excellent post PCM.

Like Jack Parker said today in I think the Boston Herald, "Ah that tradition, that uniform". When other coaches are saying it about us, well we're doing something right. What a bunch of hard-working, classy individuals. These guys can play with anyone, they have already showed it. Lets take care of BU and then handle BC. I can guarantee BC is overlooking everybody. I don't care if they win or loose. To see those boys as a team on the ice on a national stage still and always will give me chills when I watch them.

GO SIOUX! :sad:

Great quote by Andy Schneider. He's always good for something...

PCM, thanks for the post. You're speaking for me too. That's exactly how I've felt about the year, and the end of the year to this point. The coaches, staff, and players have really battled through difficulties and have put something special together. I have a feeling it won't end tonite, though it could.

I felt as good about the Final Five this year as if the boys had won the championship game.

I'm proud of the team, and I'm proud to be a fan of

THE FIGHTING SIOUX!

This team has done what no team since 2000 has been able to do - play better at the end of the season than at the start. For all the flash and "W"s the Bochenski-Parise combo provided, they couldn't seem to get it done in the playoffs.

Congrats to a great finish to the season, win or lose tonight. The grit and work ethic of this team has been phenomenal of late.

Great thread, gang.

I'll confess to being critical of a number of seniors for their play eariler this season. What was tougest to see was multiple guys playing far below potential. No, I don't expect Massen Fylling and Canady to be the second coming of Tony Hrkac, but they we're not performing anywhere near the level they are capable.

But in the last month, we've seen players playing much closer to potential. After what this crew has been thru, takes Attitude, takes Guts, and all the other qualities that define Characeter, that we've admired in Sioux hockey players for over 50 years.

Seeing it on the ice reinforces what we believed all along, and that it is truly better late than never.

As to this weekend, I have a good feeling about it.

Call me crazy, but I think their best hockey is still to be played.

Win or lose, though, gentlemen, thanks for the ride.

What a fabulous quote by Andy Schneider and great follow-up by PCM. I'm glad my favorite sports team isn't the Timberwolves or anyone else where some multi-million dollar athlete whines about an organization not appreciating him and demands to be traded. Andy understands the pride and honor that 70 years of tradition brings...and I'm honored to be a fan of that tradition.

I'll be wearing my Sioux jersey cheering tonite at Joe Senser's in Bloomington. And tomorrow, I'll be wearing my Sioux jersey and Maine hat at Mariucci booing the Gophers. :sad:

Go Sioux!

Great thread, gang.

I'll confess to being critical of a number of seniors for their play eariler this season.  What was tougest to see was multiple guys playing far below potential.  No, I don't expect Massen Fylling and Canady to be the second coming of Tony Hrkac, but they we're not performing anywhere near the level they are capable. 

But in the last month, we've seen players playing much closer to potential.    After what this crew has been thru, takes Attitude, takes Guts, and all the other qualities that define Characeter, that we've admired in Sioux hockey players for over 50 years.

Seeing it on the ice reinforces what we believed all along, and that it is truly better late than never. 

As to this weekend, I have a good feeling about it. 

Call me crazy, but I think their best hockey is still to be played.

Win or lose, though, gentlemen, thanks for the ride.

It started for me with the Friday night game in St. Cloud. The Horsemen seemed to be on a mission. Canady always plays hard, but you could sense something when that line was on the ice. Massen was smacking people and the whole line was effective.

I've got to say, at the Final Five, any time that line came on the ice we knew the Sioux were in good shape for that shift. Amazing confidence swing. What could this line have done playing the whole season like this!! :sad:

Andy's comment shows the class and heart that the team has now found. We saw this on the ice in St. Paul last week, I believe we will see more of it this weekend. Talent goes only so far, heart will take you to the National Championship. Good luck Sioux!

You know, you never know when and where Sioux fans will come out. Back in 2000, three-four friends of mine and I took the day off of work (all Sioux alums) and we met at Joe Senser's in Roseville for the 2:00 pm semi-final vs Maine. The bar was pretty quiet and in walks an older gentleman. He comes over to our table, introduces himself as a UND alum and big hockey fan and proceeds to turn to go sit at another table since we were all quite young by comparison and he didn't want to impose on our group. Nonsense, we said, and we all invited him to join us and he finally did. We had a great time sharing stories about the games we saw in college, on the road, and just having a great old time. The game ended and he asked us all for our e-mail and home addresses. The Sioux went on to win the NCAA title two days later and about a week after that, I came home to a package containing a Sioux poster, pennant, and an official game puck. I called one of the fans who saw that Maine game with me gloating about my luck and she said "don't be too cocky....I got the same thing." I won't write the person's name, but it again goes to show you the class, tradition, and pride that comes with being a Sioux hockey fan, school alumnus, or player.

Thank you to the 2004-2005 players for carrying that torch. Regardless of what happens on the ice tonite, I know that through all of the disappointments, player injuries, and now a severe injury to a player this season, you left your hearts on the ice last weekend in St Paul and you will no doubt do that again tonite in Massachusetts. It's been a great run and 8th title this year or no 8th title, this team has proudly carried on that tradition.

Great post PCM. The tradition of North Dakota hockey, the class that our players display on and off the ice, and the pride of being part of the greatest college hockey fans in the country are all reasons why, despite the ridicule of my loving wife, I am sporting my Sioux jersey today.

The quote by Andy Schneider is one that I think will be remembered for a long time to come. Nothing but class and character for his feelings on what it is to be Fighting Sioux hockey player. It's that attitude that (as everyone else acknowledges) makes the Fighting Sioux a proud tradition and always a force to be reckoned with.

PCM... Man, another excellent summary of the true thoughts and feelings of any true Fighting Sioux fan! Well done!!

From when I first started following Sioux hockey (about 5-6 years ago), each year I have learned more and more about the Fighting Sioux tradition. Each year, my pride increase because I am a fan of the Fighting Sioux (even though I'm not alumni and live in Michigan). I am following each season closer and with more scrutiny (which takes up more time and so far my wife doesn't mind). It culminated for me when I went out for the Wisconsin series for my first live view of the Fighting Sioux and everything that revolves them. It is indeed a feeling and time I will always remember.

But why is that? I believe it lies with the whole Fighting Sioux tradition. Sometimes you just can't put it into words other than just AMAZING.

Tonight the Sioux will continue the march towards their eighth NCAA championship or they may head home (I believe they stand a good chance of getting #8, but I know I must not get ahead of myself, it's one game at a time). But regardless of how this tournament ends for the Sioux, I am proud to be a fan; I can not wait for the next season to start, I will remember the ups and downs, the grit and tenacity of this team (especially the senior class) and last but not least, the joy they ultimately bring when I watch (or listen) to them play. It's a ride I'm not planning to get off anytime soon.

Always a fan of the Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiightiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Siooooooooooooooooux!!!

The quote by Andy Schneider is one that I think will be remembered for a long time to come.  Nothing but class and character for his feelings on what it is to be Fighting Sioux hockey player.  It's that attitude that (as everyone else acknowledges) makes the Fighting Sioux a proud tradition and always a force to be reckoned with.

PCM...  Man, another excellent summary of the true thoughts and feelings of any true Fighting Sioux fan!  Well done!!

From when I first started following Sioux hockey (about 5-6 years ago), each year I have learned more and more about the Fighting Sioux tradition. Each year, my pride increase because I am a fan of the Fighting Sioux (even though I'm not alumni and live in Michigan).  I am following each season closer and with more scrutiny (which takes up more time and so far my wife doesn't mind).  It culminated for me when I went out for the Wisconsin series for my first live view of the Fighting Sioux and everything that revolves them.  It is indeed a feeling and time I will always remember.

But why is that?  I believe it lies with the whole Fighting Sioux tradition.  Sometimes you just can't put it into words other than just AMAZING.

Tonight the Sioux will continue the march towards their eighth NCAA championship or they may head home (I believe they stand a good chance of getting #8, but I know I must not get ahead of myself, it's one game at a time).  But regardless of how this tournament ends for the Sioux, I am proud to be a fan; I can not wait for the next season to start, I will remember the ups and downs, the grit and tenacity of this team (especially the senior class) and last but not least, the joy they ultimately bring when I watch (or listen) to them play.  It's a ride I'm not planning to get off anytime soon.

Always a fan of the Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiightiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Siooooooooooooooooux!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great post.

GO SIOUX!

Maybe we are looking at this wrong, maybe they are doing better because this board was critical.

Great post PCM.

Win or lose I will remember this team more than other recent teams with more wins. Great job coming together. I hope we continue to have the same heart and add a few more rockstar forwards next year.

For all of the negative comments Greene has had sent his way (not one by me). I will sure miss him if he is gone next year. If he leaves early, I just hope that it is the same way that Commadore left.

Yes it does, PCM.  First, the Sioux knock out BU...then Michigan State takes out Duke in the NCAA basketball tournament.  If UND beats BC today and Maine eliminates Minnesota, I'm taking it as a sign and buying a PowerBall ticket!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, me too. Major bummed about Duke losing. Oh well. basketball sucks anyways.

In any case,

Sioux, win or lose, great job! Keep on trucking and bury as many as you can!