SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch's odd display

johndahl

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of psychosocial training in my field, and yes, I was offended by the "nut job" remark. Somebody's mental well being is not a laughing matter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think most of us wish nothing but the best for Tyler but there will always be a group that sees nothing wrong with ridiculing his situation. So be prepared, if he does play next season to see a bunch of "Screwy Squirrel" signs at the REA next season.

I still don't plan on wishing someone the best if I don't know that they have problems. If he just has discipline problems or did something stupid, he can be made fun of. If he had a psychiatric problem, he should have been receiving some type of treatment. It is possible that someone could have exploited his psychiatric condition, or that it was his first problem. I am not going to wish him the best or make fun of him until the facts come out. What happened to the press release? For now I am Switzerland, and the Gopher D is swiss cheese. :sad:

he has embarased his team and school as well as showed zero respect for the arena workers- and he did this in front of thousands of people....he should not play again if he is unable to handle himself.

Forget his team.

Forget his school.

Forget the arena workers.

Forget the thousands of live observers.

He should not play again until we are sure that he won't try something like that again and hurt himself this time.*

* Watch that tape. If those Zamboni doors had been latched shut he'd have hit a lot harder and who knows.

he has embarased his team and school as well as showed zero respect for the arena workers- and he did this in front of thousands of people....he should not play again if he is unable to handle himself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must be a SCSU fan. He is having troubles in his life. He should take care of them before hockey. Life comes way before hockey. Good luck to him.

Hirsch article on USCHO

Minnesota's leading scorer, junior Tyler Hirsch, has been hospitalized with a nervous breakdown, according to a report on USHR.com, which cites multiple sources close to the situation.h

This comes just one day after Hirsch returned to the team and was cleared to practice by head coach Don Lucia.

Would appear joking about Tyler is not in order. Hope he solves his problems.

What a terribly written story.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Hirsch reported to be at yesterday's (Wed's) practice?

And this story was posted yesterday? It appears to be using USHR's story as it's source.

I'm wondering if this USCHO story has everything straight...My understanding was that the USHR story said he was hospitalized this weekend or early this week.

Then it appeared that he was at practice yesterday, which would mean he's OUT of the hospital (if he was ever IN it).

I'm thinking this USCHO article might be a little behind.

What a terribly written story.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Hirsch reported to be at yesterday's (Wed's) practice?

And this story was posted yesterday?  It appears to be using USHR's story as it's source.

I'm wondering if this USCHO story has everything straight...My understanding was that the USHR story said he was hospitalized this weekend or early this week.

Then it appeared that he was at practice yesterday, which would mean he's OUT of the hospital (if he was ever IN it).

I'm thinking this USCHO article might be a little behind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

USCHO has removed the front page link to the story, although my link above still works. Who knows what they are doing.

And yes, Hirsch was at practice yesterday (Lucia interview on kfan yeaterday afternoon).

Edit:USCHO has now "revised" the story and the sequence of events have changed.

USHCO has the absolute weirdest policies about updating articles.  Just post a follow up.  Keeping the same dateline and reusing existing web pages is moronic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you just go to the bench this weekend and get the facts? :sad:

Following is a portion of the article now on USCHO.

"According to USHR.com, Hirsch and his family are deeply religious, and that his actions may have been related to religious symbolism. He reportedly told teammates that there was a need to exorcise demons from the building, according to USHR.com."

If the Gophers score a bunch of goals and win a trip to Columbus this weekend, my guess is that Hirsch has found himself a summer job as an exorcist.

"According to USHR.com, Hirsch and his family are deeply religious, and that his actions may have been related to religious symbolism. He reportedly told teammates that there was a need to exorcise demons from the building, according to USHR.com."

If the Gophers score a bunch of goals and win a trip to Columbus this weekend, my guess is that Hirsch has found himself a summer job as an exorcist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offense, but what a load of crap. The New Orleans Saints have done that nearly every year and they've not done much, the Cubs... well that's pretty self explanatory.

Hogwash, if you ask me, but if that is what it takes for Tyler to get healthy again, I guess it is a "choose your poison" scenario. Better weird religious rites then drugs and booze.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

>>>>>

Doesn't sound like a nut job to me at all.... :sad: