SiouxSports.com Forum

Hirsch's odd display

johndahl

Hennesey stated on the radio Thursday morning from Boston that Hirsch had went a little more "off the deep end" since he had watched the movie "Passion of Christ". Hisrch had also stated that he thought that Christ had called the team meetings on Friday before the game, not Lucia.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the internet? try and typing it into google or try ushr.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I don't. :sad: What I am asking, is how they are involved. I don't remember seeing any other articles from them, so why should they be a trusted source now?

People pay to hear what they have to say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yah, but I am sure people would pay to get articles from the Onion if they had to...that is about as much as I trust this place if they get it that wrong

WPoS

If Hirsch had issues after watching "The Passion...", think of the problem he had playing hockey for Satan... :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So true, if there had been room on the slate tablets, the 11th commandment would have been "Thou Shall Not Play For Nor Support the Gophers".

So true, if there had been room on the slate tablets, the 11th commandment  would have been "Thou Shall Not Play For Nor Support the Gophers".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, no, no. Who do we love to hate>>>the Gopher's. Somebody has to play for the Gophers, it's a great rivalry. BUT, no one in good conscious should support them.

According to the local Twin City news, Hirsch will not play this weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nor, according to the dopes at the Strib, will Goligosky, who "had his left hand shoved into the boards".

Although Goligoski admitted after the game that he banged his own hand on the boards.

I wonder what color the sun looks to those people? :)

No, no, no. Who do we love to hate>>>the Gopher's. Somebody has to play for the Gophers, it's a great rivalry. BUT, no one in good conscious should support them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure someone has to play for the Gophers, and someone has to cheer for them as well, but certainly no one with any sense.

There's an article in today's St. Paul Pioneer Press about the Tyler Hirsch situation. It doesn't really clear much up, including the question of whether he'll play in the Frozen Four. Lucia is quoted as saying that he's "cautiously optimistic." I'm not sure Tyler helped his cause much with some of his comments:

Asked to explain his actions, Hirsch said: "I'd rather just leave it as a 'no comment' and let people interpret as they will.

"There's rumors going around the university about me being crazy or something like that and I'm not even going to entertain those. So I'll just continue to walk the walk I usually do and be my same old self."

He said he and his family, who live in Bloomington, have been aware that some wild rumors have been swirling around about his condition and possible causes for his behavior.

"It's been tough, but I think if any family can handle being labeled weird, I think my family can," he said with a laugh. "It doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things. It's something I can deal with and put behind me. The most important thing now is just concentrating on being a part of the team and the Frozen Four."

I think it says he didn't a mental breakdown.  In fact, IMO, it infers the religious angle is more correct.

I'm happy to hear mentally everything appears just fine.

I'm certain he'll be playing in the FF.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like more of a distraction than anything.

I'm happy to hear mentally everything appears just fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion from this article. Tyler could clear things up by explaining his actions, but he hasn't. Lucia could pronounce him fit and ready to play, but he hasn't.

That doesn't leave me with the impression that Tyler's mentally fine.

Nor, according to the dopes at the Strib, will Goligosky, who "had his left hand shoved into the boards".

Although Goligoski admitted after the game that he banged his own hand on the boards.

I wonder what color the sun looks to those people? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a Gopher fan try to tell me during the Final Five Championship game that Rory McMahn broke it. I doubt it, Rory isn't that type of player.

I would think that his statement that the "most important thing right now is the Frozen Four" pretty much clears up that the kid is just immature. He did something really stupid and immature after a game and it has nothing to do with a mental illness, afterall, if he did have a mental illness wouldn't that be "the most important thing right now"?

To allow a player that is not mentally ok to play a contact (and sometimes violent) sport such as hockey, while carrying a stick, would seem to be irresponsible. The potential dangers to opponents and teammates would seem to be paramount in making an decision to allow a mentally unstable person to compete.

Now, that said, it brings the question "What was the cause of Hirsch's strange behavior?" If it truly is due to mental problems, then my heart goes out to him and hope he can recover and go on with his life. But also, I would not expect him to play for the remaider of this hockey season, if he was indeed sidelined and under medical care for psychological reasons.

If Hirsch's behavior was just "acting goofy" and immature, then he deserves to be reprimanded for his actions and the fans will not let him off so easily.