SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yeah, that's the guy. The guy that's been out with an injury for Denver for a few weeks now.

Them having Rizzo from 4 years ago does nothing to your premise that they are killing us in recruiting. They just aren't. They beat us to Pohlkamp likely because of Carle. Bubs is Canadian. He was never going to coach Pohlkamp. 

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You sure you want that kind of pressure in your life? :whistling:

Maybe you can start a campaign to have have him removed prior to his hiring just to get a jump start on the complaining.  Poor Sicakota has no chance to live up to your standards.

• Upvote 2

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Them having Rizzo from 4 years ago does nothing to your premise that they are killing us in recruiting. They just aren't. They beat us to Pohlkamp likely because of Carle. Bubs is Canadian. He was never going to coach Pohlkamp. 

Okay, fair enough. But seeing Denver go to their fourth Frozen Four since 2016 (with two titles during that time) while we haven't been back since is raising the frustration level for me and some others. Those results will sooner or later have an impact on recruiting.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Maybe you can start a campaign to have have him removed prior to his hiring just to get a jump start on the complaining.  Poor Sicakota has no chance to live up to your standards.

They aren't just my standards, they are the standards of the program as a whole. Berry has told his team basically the same things. But you are one of several people who weren't all that upset about Bubba getting an thoroughly undeserved contract extension, so I am not surprised at this comment at all.

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You sure you want that kind of pressure in your life? :whistling:

Compared to other items on my resume that job would be cupcakes and Kool-aid. And the cupcakes would have sprinkles. :D 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tnt said:

With how much all these players want NIL money and leverage, he sure would be giving up a lot.  If he stayed and became a free agent he could have his pick of teams, including the hometown Minnesota Wild who don't have a lot of cap room and would love a hometown kid with a rookie contract.   

I hope Blake understands that it's entirely his decision and not a decision for the Hurricanes to make. Carolina can't do a thing about it if he tells them he is going back to school for his Junior year. What are they going to do, cut him? They can't, he hasn't signed with them yet. He has leverage over Carolina and he should use it by coming back for a third year of NCAA hockey and becoming a free agent next year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I hope Blake understands that it's entirely his decision and not a decision for the Hurricanes to make. Carolina can't do a thing about it if he tells them he is going back to school for his Junior year. What are they going to do, cut him? They can't, he hasn't signed with them yet. He has leverage over Carolina and he should use it by coming back for a third year of NCAA hockey and becoming a free agent next year.

... or force a rookie-max deal. (CAR didn't do it for Scott Morrow.) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'm old enough now to where I can't let what a 20 year old (Whom I'll never probably meet) decides to do with his (ope, he/they/them) life effect mine too much.

They've got to make a decision and live with it, and I've got to figure out how to help my 12 year old figure out his short game so he can make the junior high golf team.

Let's get the ship righted with whoever is on the roster in September.  I'll still bleed green either way and still have to explain to my wife why I yell at the TV on Fridays and Saturdays from October through March. (Cough....April @brianvf)

Have him watch the Bryan Bros on youtube. Wedgeley is a short game maestro.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jk said:

But, hey, looks like we landed a defender.

Looks like a great addition, but not the direction I thought they were going (which was RHD, one year remaining). 

Next year.

• 1 JR
  • 5 SO
  • 3 FR

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Last time I checked, Denver is not in the B1G. They are a small, private school. Yet they are killing us in recruiting and the portal.

Yet they only went 1-3 against UND this year, with the lone win in the fluky 3x3.