SiouxSports.com Forum

~Final 5~Where do you sit & hang out?

01grad

Me and a buddy will be sitting in the upper bowl right along a blue line, section 205, row 3, seats 1&2. We're thinking of hitting up the dome hockey at McGoverns before and after the game thursday, and then not sure where on Friday/Saturday. This could turn out to be a pretty sweet setup with the seedings. If all goes well for the Sioux, we could see them win Thursday, and play the very next game of the weekend against Denver, and win, and then go watch the Gophers get smoked by CC Friday night, watch the Pioneers beat the Gophers on Saturday, and watch the Sioux skate around with the Broadmoor on Saturday night. I know that's 3 wins in 3 days, but there playing pretty well right now, and JP is a wall. Man....I'm so stoked for this weekend !!!!! Go Sioux!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw sitting in a bar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell yeah!! I just go over to the Holiday Inn across the street between games and pound as many brews as time allows. My goal this year is to not get caught trying to cross the street with a beer in my hand. The last 2 years in a row I have been made to dump my beer out in the street.

Hell yeah!! I just go over to the Holiday Inn across the street between games and pound as many brews as time allows. My goal this year is to not get caught trying to cross the street with a beer in my hand. The last 2 years in a row I have been made to dump my beer out in the street.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn, that is really ironic. The last two years I have been caught licking beer up off a busy street. :0

Damn, that is really ironic. The last two years I have been caught licking beer up off a busy street. :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn, THAT'S FUNNY!!!! :)

If all goes well for the Sioux, we could see them win Thursday, and play the very next game of the weekend against Denver, and win, and then go watch the Gophers get smoked by CC Friday night, watch the Pioneers beat the Gophers on Saturday, and watch the Sioux skate around with the Broadmoor on Saturday night.  Go Sioux!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the cut of your jib Tiny, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. ;)

This is just wrong..how can you like your favorite team's arch rivals. These two teams just hate each other. Thats like you liking the bison football team. Or somebody liking the redwings AND the avalanche...it just can't/doesn't happen. I dont see how you can say that you were happy to see the gophers win it all two years in a row....that made me feel just sick. Now i dont know how diehard of a fan you are of the sioux, but just by reading that it sounds like you could care less if the sioux win or lose

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is kind of the way I felt about it too.

Hey, to each their own.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dagies...you gonna be sportin the #87 jersey at the F5? Will you be there? Where do you sit? Sorry we missed you at Senser's...you could have said something when we were right next to you though... :0

It is great that the tourney is on St. Patricks day.  Hopefully there will be lots of green out there, perhaps even on gopher fans.  I wonder who everybody will cheer for if we play Wisconsin?  Who does Minnesota hate more? :0 I am a very die hard Sioux fan, but since I grew up a gopher fan I don't hate them as much as others that post here do.  I will be cheering for them as long as they aren't playing us, just to warn everybody ahead of time.  Many people were angry at me for this last year and couldn't figure it out.  I don't care though because UMD and the U of M are the only other teams I pull for if the Sioux aren't playing.

Well on with the topic of this thread.  We will be in section 117 row 10 again this year (behind the benches).  We always hang out at McGoverns between games.  It is always packed, as everyplace is, but it is a fun crowd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For most Gopher Fans the old adage is true. Our two favorite teams are the Gophers and whoever is playing the BADgers :)

I love to see the Gophers kick everyones tail in the WCHA, but if we are out I will pull for certain WCHA teams in the NCAA's as long as you aren't Wisconsin or SCSU.

I'll make sure to duck if anything gets thrown at us on Thursday night....be warned, I am rooting against BOTH teams! :0  But marginally pulling for UND moreso than UW....

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check the Badger board to see what he is saying there. :)

Dagies...you gonna be sportin the #87 jersey at the F5? Will you be there? Where do you sit? Sorry we missed you at Senser's...you could have said something when we were right next to you though... :0

Wasn't absolutely sure it was you.

Yes, same jersey. Sect 104, Row 11, seats 12-14.

Actually IF I actually posted there (if I did, I'd have to take a shower after each post), I would say the same thing I have said on EVERY board:

1. Go GOPHERS!

2. tUMD is my second favorite team

3. I HATE RED (thusly, I HATE the BADGERS)

4. UND is my second least favorite team

5. Some opposing fans on boards are cool/fun/ok some are not...

6. WCHA refs suck and Greg Sheppard should be fired!

7. I'd rather not see UND or UW in ANY playoff games, but if I HAD to pick I'd rather see UND.

that all said, you stopping by for a beer? :)

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would like to take a shower with the women that were in the front of the Badger basketball games last year. I don't know if they were there this year too.

There is no way I would stop to have a beer with you. However, I would stop and have several beers with you, if I was able to go to the Final Five. ;) Unlike JBSU who just hands out degrees, UND is requiring me to complete an internship to get my degree. I don't know how people live without a spring break. :0

Next year we should all try to buy tickets in the same section so that we can have this BIG massive roudy group. We could do across from the players benches in one of the sections 102-105. After this weekend we can do a poll for favorite section. Check out the Xcel Center Seat Map