SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Broadcasts

Upper Deck

I'm a recent Sioux transplant in Mpls. I tried to get the braodcast from 96.1 - it started the Windows Media Player but all it did was "buffering" - and I didn't get the broadcast. I use Mozilla Firefox as a browser. Am I missing something?

Also, do many Sioux fans show up for the games at Sensors?

I'm a recent Sioux transplant in Mpls.  I tried to get the braodcast from 96.1 - it started the Windows Media Player but all it did was "buffering" - and I didn't get the broadcast.  I use Mozilla Firefox as a browser.  Am I missing something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it's someone at the REA that is missing something, like turning on a server. The stream worked Friday night, but was down again on Saturday night. I think it has been up and running twice since January 1. Cindy at the undalunmi.org site has helped get this up and running in the past, you might want to email somebody at that site.

Actually, it's someone at the REA that is missing something, like turning on a server. The stream worked Friday night, but was down again on Saturday night. I think it has been up and running twice since January 1.  Cindy at the undalunmi.org site has helped get this up and running in the past, you might want to email somebody at that site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that is funny. LoL. You would think they would be able to do that with out too much trouble.

I'm a recent Sioux transplant in Mpls.  I tried to get the braodcast from 96.1 - it started the Windows Media Player but all it did was "buffering" - and I didn't get the broadcast.  I use Mozilla Firefox as a browser.  Am I missing something?

I go to Senser's occasionally. From what I've seen it can be spotty to packed with Sioux fans depending on the game. I expect a pretty good crowd for the playoffs with Duluth. And a deciding game will be pretty full, especially if it's a 3rd game on Sunday. I went to the 3rd game against Denver a couple years ago and it was PACKED and LOUD. Really fun atmosphere.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

During the playoffs there can easily be 75-100 Sioux fans at Sensers. Let's get the place rocking again so they turn up the game audio.

"I go to Senser's occasionally. From what I've seen it can be spotty to packed with Sioux fans depending on the game. I expect a pretty good crowd for the playoffs with Duluth. And a deciding game will be pretty full, especially if it's a 3rd game on Sunday. I went to the 3rd game against Denver a couple years ago and it was PACKED and LOUD. Really fun atmosphere."

COOL. Besides an annual trip to the Ralph, I haven't seen a Sioux game all year (thanks FSN). I'll have to try at get to Sensors this weekend. Any location better than the other (nearest to Bloomington)?

Bloomington is the best location by far.

In case they are not playing the audio for the game, then Everyone be sure to ask their server to turn it on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm confident one of you guys will do a better job of turning on that "server" than the one for streaming audo in the REA. :D

I'm confident one of you guys will do a better job of turning on that "server" than the one for streaming audo in the REA. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too funny. I'll be at Sensors Bloomington on Saturday. Looking forward to finally seeing some green & black instead of that !#%$ maroon and gold.

So I take that it's a 50/50 shot to listen to the broadcasts over the internet? I should consider myself lucky in listening to last year's Friday Final 5 game (on a Mac even) . . .

So I take that it's a 50/50 shot to listen to the broadcasts over the internet?  I should consider myself lucky in listening to last year's Friday Final 5 game (on a Mac even) . . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Odds haven't been quite that good this season.

What happened to the REA people that used to post on here? I know there was one person that answered a lot of questions about dataflix. Are there any REA employees that can read this forum and help fix the problems with the audio and video broadcasts? Maybe they got fired for slacking off when they were providing customer service here. :D

What happened to the REA people that used to post on here?  I know there was one person that answered a lot of questions about dataflix.  Are there any REA employees that can read this forum and help fix the problems with the audio and video broadcasts?  Maybe they got fired for slacking off when they were providing customer service here.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is just a question, but would REA have anything to do with the broadcasts on the radio, especially road games. Is this the radio station's problem? I have no idea, just a question.

this is just a question, but would REA have anything to do with the broadcasts on the radio, especially road games. Is this the radio station's problem? I have no idea, just a question.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really don't know, but the athletic department did assign someone the job of getting the audio up and running; not sure where the servers are, at the REA or in some other building at the college. At any rate, it's not getting done.

Really don't know, but the athletic department did assign someone the job of getting the audio up and running; not sure where the servers are, at the REA or in some other building at the college. At any rate, it's not getting done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With as big of a college as UND is and how many alumni are out there and are interested in listening to the games, it is almost embarassing that they have so many problems getting the audio to work.

Ain't no almost about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have since found out that the servers are at the REA. Asst athletic director Mark Rudolph was given the responsibility to get things up and running for each game.

markrudolph@mail.UND.nodak.edu

Have since found out that the servers are at the REA. Asst athletic director Mark Rudolph was given the responsibility to get things up and running for each game.

markrudolph@mail.UND.nodak.edu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that's correct....I think that REA does the Webcasting (Dataflix)..but when you go to: http://www.fightingsioux.com/info/broadcast/

I think the link that is just for "audio" is actually run by UND's Computer Center...they probalby have a FM radio running into a PC and forget to turn on the radio....? Anyone know for sure who's in charge of audio? If so, anyone know what rate they encode it at?

I don't think that's correct....I think that REA does the Webcasting (Dataflix)..but when you go to: http://www.fightingsioux.com/info/broadcast/

I think the link that is just for "audio" is actually run by UND's Computer Center...they probalby have a FM radio running into a PC and forget to turn on the radio....? Anyone know for sure who's in charge of audio? If so, anyone know what rate they encode it at?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My information in previous post comes from the undalumni.org. The servers have been at the REA for the last two years. The person responsible last year left the athletic department and Rudoph was given the responsibility last fall, after UND considered dropping the streamed audio entirely. The alumni people are speculating that someone is not checking/forgetting to start one of the servers.

My information in previous post comes from the undalumni.org. The servers have been at the REA for the last two years. The person responsible last year left the athletic department and Rudoph was given the responsibility last fall, after UND considered dropping the streamed audio entirely. The alumni people are speculating that someone is not checking/forgetting to start one of the servers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for checking on that stuff sprig, I personally don't have to use the audio, thank goodness, but I know plenty of friends who rely on it.

It is really mind boggling to think that they even considered dropping the streamed audio entirely. You can probably find streamed audio of Dickinson St. wrestling matches, no offense to Dickinson, just making a point that this is too big of school with a huge fan base to not have this stuff running properly.

Let's review:

Streaming Audio - recently has been a real sh*t sandwich

Dataflix - have read nothing but complaints for the whole year

Satellite - REA Siouxshop no longer sells the dishes(hmmmm), quality of feed way down from last year

I guess if you want to see/hear the Sioux, you better head to the game!

Let's review:

Streaming Audio - recently has been a real sh*t sandwich

Dataflix - have read nothing but complaints for the whole year

Satellite - REA Siouxshop no longer sells the dishes(hmmmm), quality of feed way down from last year

I guess if you want to see/hear the Sioux, you better head to the game!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That about covers it. The REA staff seems to be a bit technologically challenged.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sent Mike Rudolph an email asking about the broadcast problem. He promptly replied saying they know of the problem (on their end) and they're trying to fix it. Anyone want to pass the hat for them to upgrade from the Commodore 64 and add a new work study rube?