SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami @ UND-Ludvig's better game Saturday.

Wilbur

Very rare in college hockey today to see such a large difference in skating ability between two teams.   Yes we have some superb guys, and Miami could really a better skating coach.   

it’s early, but this group of forwards has the potential to better than some great past teams.  Three scoring lines is key to winning games vs top squads.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Very rare in college hockey today to see such a large difference in skating ability between two teams.   Yes we have some superb guys, and Miami could really a better skating coach.   

it’s early, but this group of forwards has the potential to better than some great past teams.  Three scoring lines is key to winning games vs top squads.

Imagine them playing BU then, if the BU announcer thinks we aren’t in the same league as BU skating wise!:wink:

7 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

This might have already been mentioned (but I'm not going to read every page), but there was some really sloppy play going on this weekend. And a crappy PP again. They're going to need to play a lot better to beat Denver.

In the same token, Denver will have to play a lot better to beat us.  They have given up a ton of goals against Arizona State and Augustana amongst others. They’re not always going to score 6-8 goals, and hopefully Persson can hold them down. Of course they will get the requisite number of power plays to try to keep that pace up.

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

In the same token, Denver will have to play a lot better to beat us.  They have given up a ton of goals against Arizona State and Augustana amongst others. They’re not always going to score 6-8 goals, and hopefully Persson can hold them down.

Good point. Denver's defense is not what it was with Chrona in the net. And in spite of UND not playing their best, they still scored 11 goals and were never really in any danger of losing either game.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/riese-gaber-delivers-another-big-game-as-und-sweeps-miami

Riese Gaber walked into the postgame press conference Saturday night.

He stood at the podium and prepared to answer questions about UND's 5-1 win over Miami to finish off a two-game sweep.

He got through one sentence.

Then, his voice failed.

There's an illness going through UND's locker room. It caused first-line center Owen McLaughlin to miss Saturday's series finale. It zapped energy from others and it cost Gaber his voice.

Hopefully the boys all feel better by next weekend when BSU comes to town.

42 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

@MoSiouxFan official attendance was 11657 even though it wasn't close to that number.

UND athletics needs to do a segment with you at home games.  If you get the attendance within like 100 some lucky fan wins something.

At football games if you get close they could just add years to Bubba's contract. 

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

UND athletics needs to do a segment with you at home games.  If you get the attendance within like 100 some lucky fan wins something.

At football games if you get close they could just add years to Bubba's contract. 

doug-maclean-nhl.gif

48 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Something like a "wasted opportunity " fine....   you buy tickets,  nobody in seats and your billed more.

So punish those who are truly financially invested? Nah....

I'll tell you first hand the secondary resale market for hockey is not good and for FB you're lucky to give them away for free. Your casual fans aren't there like a few years ago.

Season ticket holders believe it or not have lives outside of attending every home game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Something like a "wasted opportunity " fine....   you buy tickets,  nobody in seats and your billed more.

It’s complicated. I give tickets out when I can’t go. But a free ticket to some means no skin in this- and May or may not show. In my 22 years of season tickets those are the only time my seats were empty- and that’s very few. If my seats aren’t used, I NEVER offer them again to those who bail on me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

So punish those who are truly financially invested? Nah....

I'll tell you first hand the secondary resale market for hockey is not good and for FB you're lucky to give them away for free. Your casual fans aren't there like a few years ago.

Season ticket holders believe it or not have lives outside of attending every home game.

That is a valid take on it, perhaps if the seats were utilized then no "fine"...   or released back to resale,  isn't the issue being discussed empty seats caused by season ticket holders that chose to leave seats empty?

8 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

That is a valid take on it, perhaps if the seats were utilized then no "fine"...   or released back to resale,  isn't the issue being discussed empty seats caused by season ticket holders that chose to leave seats empty?

I’ve gone seven and eight deep on my “want them” call list when I couldn’t make it this season. Finally gave them to … a UND student. It was much the same last season also.  

And I don’t see long lines at the tellers looking to buy on game days. Can’t “resell” if the buyers aren’t there. 

Sounds like demand for tickets is not what I assumed, is there no longer a waiting list for season tickets?

In your scenario, applied to this "from left field" proposition, you find no takers by say 3 hours from game time, call the ticket office, release the tickets for resale and you are off the hook for the fine, likely only a small percentage would get filled at that rate, but a supply for walk ups would be a plus.