SiouxSports.com Forum

Ryder Cup-Italian Style

Wilbur

Who ya got?  To me the European side is going to be incredibly tough to beat with Rahm, Rory, and Hovland all playing well.

Thank bleeping God Ian Poulter isn't on Europe any more.  It never matter how poorly he'd played leading up to the Ryder Cup he always found a way to play well in the competition. 

I'll say Europe wins 15 and 1/2 to 12 and 1/2. 

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Who ya got?  To me the European side is going to be incredibly tough to beat with Rahm, Rory, and Hovland all playing well.

Thank bleeping God Ian Poulter isn't on Europe any more.  It never matter how poorly he'd played leading up to the Ryder Cup he always found a way to play well in the competition. 

I'll say Europe wins 15 and 1/2 to 12 and 1/2. 

I saw a clip on Barstool of a ball being dropped down into the rough. It is a 80's Ron Jeremy shoot kind of thick.

42 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I saw a clip on Barstool of a ball being dropped down into the rough. It is a 80's Ron Jeremy shoot kind of thick.

One of my favorite things about the Ryder Cup is the "home team" getting to set the course up to their advantage.

Really takes the huge hitters out of it if they can't go straight off the tee.  Team USA better adapt better than they did in Paris. 

Embarrassing performance when they all spouted off how they needed to get off to a good start.  Anyone notice how all the European’s were focused on cheering on their teammates on the last hole, while the Americans were sitting together but were on their cell phones. 

Zero for sixty-four.
https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2023-ryder-cup-results-scores-live-coverage-standings-scoring-teams-pairings-schedule-for-day-1/live/ 

2-16-2. 

You could've sent me there for that level performance. (Haven't swung a club in five years but my SI joints no longer give me pain.) 

15 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Unbelievable 

IMG_1917.jpeg

You can’t tell me that some of these players care as much about this as the Europeans do.  Why take the weeks off after the FedEx Cup if you want to be in form for the Ryder Cup?  Time to hurt their ego and make it North America or the America’s against Europe, even though you probably wouldn’t have automatic qualifiers from Canada or South America.  Maybe they need some players that appreciate being in the competition, like Max Homa.  

I love how Europeans always whine about perceived disrespect, yet some of the treatment the U.S. players receive is no different over there, than what they get here.  That may change in New York next time.  Rory thinks it’s o.k. to do the hand to the ear at Hazeltine, but can’t handle a hat waving.