SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS ALASKA

AZSIOUX

Tell me whether you think we'll earn any ground on the NCAA brackets...does this game give us some TUC(??) points since they swept UofM??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Checking the PWR shows us dropping to a tie for 10. Though, this was before they had posted this win.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hak:

Made a few errors at first..

Huge goal by Drew Stafford...

Transition game was better, stretching the zone on a large ice

Brady Murray added alot tonight..

We backed their defense off...Brady adds the dimension of speed and thats the key...

We drew some penalties...everyone contributed....

Quick summary of Hakstol's post-game comments:

It was a well-deserved win. We played well for two periods, but we made some errors. The confidence was there in the third period. Stafford's goal got the ball rolling.

Transition game was good tonight. Brady Murray added a lot. The Murray, Genoway McMahon line was very good.

Scoring from the doorstep is becoming a familiar spot for Spirko.

We backed their defense off early in the game and kept doing it through the game.

Throughout our lineup, we played with very good speed.

Fourth line had several great scoring chances and drew two penalties.

In the intermission, we laid things on the line. This was when we had to step forward as a hockey team. It was a defining moment, a possible turning point. The guys got on board.

We worked hard throughout the week. It was nice to see the guys have some fun on the bench and fun on the ice. We

AA assistant coach:

DeCaro played well the first couple periods but probably wishes he had a couple back in the 3rd.

Sioux a talented team and AA had a letdown for 10-12 minutes and gave the Sioux some opportunities that they took advantage of.

Tomorrow need to cut down on some mental mistakes. Will take the first 2 periods but some mistakes in the 3rd cost them.

Brady Murray #1 Star of the game...goal and an assist, but added the spark too...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, if Hakstol said it was a quality wom, then it was a quality wom! ;):silly:

The Sioux played well for the first half of 1st and 2nd periods, let down at the end of the second and then picked it up again in the third.

I would have loved to have actually seen Prpich and Murray's goals. I also would have liked to have seen the bounce that lead to Cartwright's goal. I'd like to have seen what TH called "out to lunch".

Top players not mentioned: Jones had a solid night. JPar had a great 3rd period and had great saves the whole game. I heard Fabian's name a lot.

Bottom players: Canady :( Yeah, he drew a penalty but he also committed a really stupid penalty. Luckily it didn't cost us.

I'd expect Phil tommorrow. I just hope they don't lose intensity.

i just wanted to point out that for the first time in who knows how long UND's power play is ranked in the top 20 in the nation at 17th, clicking at 19.3%. It's about time is all i can say!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point. Since the Canisius series, UND has been converting on nearly 32 percent of its power plays.