SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 ND High School Hockey

7 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

The Ralph is an awesome facility no one is denying that but when you get less than a half of the arena filled the atmosphere sucks.  Put that same crowd at Scheels and you have a great atmosphere.   The ice is pretty much the same.

The Ralph does a way better job and the facilities are better, the girls aren't relegated to the "Nobody gives a !@#$" rink... 

Fargo is just an awefull high school hockey experience in and outside the rink and town.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The Ralph does a way better job and the facilities are better, the girls aren't relegated to the "Nobody gives a !@#$" rink... 

Fargo is just an awefull high school hockey experience in and outside the rink and town.

I believe at the Ralph the teams can leave gear in locker rooms too if they are on the winner side of bracket

Girls at the Ralph are in the Olympic rink day 1 but win and you are in the big show 

10 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

atmosphere for girls games at the FU has been electric.  100x better than Minot last year.  Loud and exciting.  

almost wrong to move them to scheels.  It’ll be a snoozer for atmosphere. 

Minot just doesn’t embrace hockey like the East side of the state does. Plain and simple 

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

It’s also about the student athlete expierence 

would you rather play in the best hockey rink in the nation (Ralph) or some !@#$ hole in minot

The Maysa was renovated and is actually very nice. Definitely not a #$%! hole. 

• Upvote 1

My daughter told me the locker room situation at Maysa wasn’t ideal last years. Locker rooms with adjoining bathrooms and showers.  Kinda odd

why state is better east and why WDA is better in Bismarck.  More teams and schools bring more casual fans. Minot on too big of an island…

3 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The one advantage in Fargo is the Farmers Union Arena. Beats the hell out of the Olympic rink at the Ralph 

3 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

My daughter told me the locker room situation at Maysa wasn’t ideal last years. Locker rooms with adjoining bathrooms and showers.  Kinda odd

why state is better east and why WDA is better in Bismarck.  More teams and schools bring more casual fans. Minot on too big of an island…

Minot on an island? LOL! 4th largest city in the state, fairly centralized geographically and right on HWY 2 and HWY 83...

Tell me you're from Fargo without telling me you're from Fargo. :D 

On the boys side Minot is less than a 2-hour drive for 8 of the teams in the state (including Minot). Fargo appears to be 9 if you include Mayville, Grand Forks 10, Bismarck 8. On the girls side Minot 5, Fargo 5, Grand Forks 5, and Bismarck 5.

Not saying it's the ideal location for state but just couldn't help myself pointing out that silly argument. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Brim006 said:

Minot on an island? LOL! 4th largest city in the state, fairly centralized geographically and right on HWY 2 and HWY 83...

On the boys side Minot is less than a 2-hour drive for 8 of the teams in the state (including Minot). Fargo appears to be 9 if you include Mayville, Grand Forks 10, Bismarck 8. 

Not saying it's the ideal location for state but just couldn't help myself pointing out that silly argument. 

He’s not from Fargo

30 minutes ago, Brim006 said:

On the boys side Minot is less than a 2-hour drive for 8 of the teams in the state (including Minot). Fargo appears to be 9 if you include Mayville, Grand Forks 10, Bismarck 8. On the girls side Minot 5, Fargo 5, Grand Forks 5, and Bismarck 5.

BisMan has 4 boys teams within 10 minutes.  Facilites aren’t as nice but crowds are better.  No offense to minot, just the way it is.  

it won’t change.  And that’s fine. Just my experience with kids that have played….

8 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

North scores 2 late ones to beat Legacy 4-2.  North tendy made some unreal saves.  Unfortunately, legacy now 0-6 in state tournaments and losing a lot of seniors.

north v CHS for 5th. 

Unfortunately Beasley is most likely leaving too I would imagine? 

27 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

North scores 2 late ones to beat Legacy 4-2.  North tendy made some unreal saves.  Unfortunately, legacy now 0-6 in state tournaments and losing a lot of seniors.

north v CHS for 5th. 

North's goalie is the reason they survived West Fargo last week and are at state this weekend.  A hiccup against Minot, but a solid year for him.