SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Sorry, folks.

There's only basketball talk on tonight's show because of the death of Dave Hakstol's father on Monday and because Brad Berry and Cary Eades are on recruiting trips.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How 'bout a little creativity. Make something up.

Sorry, folks.

There's only basketball talk on tonight's show because of the death of Dave Hakstol's father on Monday and because Brad Berry and Cary Eades are on recruiting trips.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the spirit of the last coaches show, maybe you can tell us what the coaches are saying about the recruits they have yet to sign! :lol:???

In this free time maybe PCM can hype a chapter or two of his book that comes out in the spring:

Self-Promotion Via The Internet: How I Powered My Rapid Rise To "Sudo"-Reporter Stardom and Fortune!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offense, and I may very well be missing a prior joke, but it's "pseudo".

Sorry, folks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would be interesting to know where these two coaches are and who they are looking at.

Due to cloud cover I was surprisingly able to pick up the coaches show down here in Mpls. The signal must have been skipping....

(Insert the standard intro here)

TH: I've never seen a team so snakebit before. How many pipes did we hit this weekend? Are you kidding me?

DH: You've got to keep working hard and you'll get your breaks.

TH: Denver got away with the clutch and hook and grab all weekend. Just like the old days. What happened to the new points of emphasis?

DH: You've got to keep working hard and play through that.

TH: I talked to one of the players after the game on Saturday and he was pretty frustrated with the scoring slump.

DH: You've got to keep working hard, keep shooting the puck, and you'll make your breaks.

TH: What do you tell the guys to help them get through a period like this?

DH: We tell them to keep working hard, keep shooting the puck, and not get down.

TH: We've got a talented recruiting class coming in next year.

DH: They're all hard workers and good players.

TH: Let's take some calls.

Caller: You've only pulled the goalie a couple of times this year. Blais used to pull the goalie every other period. Is this why your team is underperforming?

DH: We've got 3 good goalies who are capable of playing.

Caller: You suck. You've ruined this team. The Bison club team could beat you.

DH: Sometimes things don't go the way you want. The team is still working hard. By the way, Dean isn't coming back.

Caller: What are your chances of landing this Kessel kid? I hear the gophers are taking a look at him.

DH: NCAA rules prevent me from commenting on recruits, Sagard.

TH: These interviews were a lot more fun when Dean Blais was sitting across the table.

DH: I always told Dean to keep working hard, that he'll get his chances.

Calls that didn't get made tonight:

Why don't we have a great big huge goalie who can just stand there and block the whole net?

Why don't we just recruit little guys who will stay for four years?

Why don't we recruit more players like Prpich?

Why do we recruit goons like Prpich?

How come Minnesota got Keith Ballard, Grant Potulny, Ryan Potulny, Danny Irmen, Thomas Vanek and Dave Spehar and the Sioux didn't?

How come our power play is so bad?

How come our penalty kill is so bad?

How come we can't score 5-on-5?

How come we don't score more shorthanded goals?

What's wrong with the ice?

Why don't players just shoot the puck?

Why are some of our players such puck hogs?

Why do the Sioux dump and chase all the time?

Why doesn't Cary Eades run the power play, the penalty kill, the forwards and the concessions at REA?

Can you tell us about all the players you're scouting, how good they are and what their chances of coming to UND are?

My cousin's uncle's girlfriend's mother's bus driver overheard Travis Zajac say while standing in line at the Red Pepper to order a turkey grinder with taco meat that he planned to stay at UND for four years and wouldn't leave until he brought the school a national championship. Is that true?

Say, don't you think that Diggler fella would make a great AD?

Is it true that Dean Blais wants Kupchella's job?

Hey, Tim, isn't Doug Woog the biggest homer you've ever heard?

Why don't the refs just let 'em play?

Why don't the refs call all the clutching and grabbbing?

Why do all the WCHA officials hate UND so much?

Who would win in a fight beween Jim Archibald and Mike Commodore?

What makes Lucia think he's so special?

Whatever happened to that hockey chick who called with such good questions?

Put down the telephone Goon. You can't call in and ask tonight. No, hold it, it's sagard that does that! :lol:

PS - Note the quotation marks around "sudo". That'd be a clue I was quoting someone else. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tell you what if I had "sudo" on the board there would be alot of changes around here. ???

Thanks for the recap dagies, classic stuff.

On the serious note, sincere condolences to the Hakstol family.

Say, don't you think that Diggler fella would make a great AD?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DH: Why yes he would. I've talked to him and he has many ideas.

1. Rip the leather seats out of the student section and replace them with bench seats with spikes in them so students can't sit down.

2. Get rid of the warmup music so students can yell at people. I think this is a great idea.

3. Gonna lower taco in a bag to pre-WWII level prices

4. Kick people out for complaining about others cheering and keeping their money.

5. Fire the renta-*beep* that grops all students no matter their gender and who stole his 1 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper at the WJC. He still hasn't forgotten or forgiven that old hag.

6. Give away decent stuff like they used to instead of these SI for Kid ripoff tear apart trading cards.

7. Hand out cards to every seat in section 116 and 101 for every game that when all held up together say "Hey forecheck, what number is Gretzky?"

8. Throw students out who are stupid/look like jacka$$es at the games, excluding himself. He is exempt.

Old people suck, we need new blood to force the crowd into games. Having stick in the muds hasn't worked, so I say we go with Diggler. Sure he nearly got kicked out of the saturday Denver game, but he entertained and that is what's important. Plus all we gotta pay him in is Schneider's road jersey from last year. That means more money for me!! I'm all for that!!! Diggler for Pope!!!

(on a suspect radio with bad wiring ??? )

TH: We're here tonight with new UND AD Diggler. How's she going Diggler?

D: That's Mr. Diggler to you Tim.

TH: Alright. .... :lol:

SS: We have a caller. Go ahead caller.

Caller: Is that me? Am I on?

TH: Go ahead. That's you.

Caller: Congrats on the AD job Diggler! I go to all of the home games. I'd like a section where I can cheer loud, not have to get up five times a period for people to go who-knows-where during the game, and nothing but blue jeans and Sioux apparel would be allowed. What would you think of creating a "die-hards" section with those rules for season ticket holders? I'll hang up and listen.

Googling sudo reporter, the top find is "this board". What a surprise. Possibly PCM's job title should be upgraded to siouxdo reporter.

Interesting that all you coach's show reporters from last night avoided a fictituous question/answer that would have started an NCAA investigation.

Interesting that all you coach's show reporters from last night avoided a fictituous question/answer that would have started an NCAA investigation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can assure you that it was purely by accident. :lol:

DH: Why yes he would. I've talked to him and he has many ideas.

5. Fire the renta-*beep* that grops all students no matter their gender and who stole his 1 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper at the WJC. He still hasn't forgotten or forgiven that old hag.

Here is how you beat the rent a cops when smuggling in a pop. I call it the Smoky and the Bandit method.

1. Pick one of your friends to be the diversion

2. Have that friend put his chooper mitts into a bulky stocking cap

3. Place the stocking cap (and mitts) into his coat and zip up.

4. Important, it must be placed to look like your buddy is really bad at sneaking something in

5. As your friend is getting dry humped and groped by security, you and the rest of his buddies can sneak right by with the real contraband (pop, jerky, etc)

2.  Have that friend put his chooper mitts into a bulky stocking cap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mr. Diggler, as AD would you issue chopper mitts to the fans? I use choppers while at the games and they increase the effectivness of ones clapping -- it takes a minimum of effort to produce a good level of loudness. They are soooo better than things like thunderstixs, plus they are useful walking to and from the games.

Whatever happened to that hockey chick who called with such good questions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DH: Actually I heard that she has been spending her time feeding the homeless, mentoring at-risk children, and shoveling the sidewalk of her elderly neighbors.

TH: Wow! She sounds like a real saint!

DH: Oh yes, she is. She has even taken that poor fellow from Canisius College under her wing to teach him some morals. What do they call him again?

TH: I believe they call him The Wookie.

DH: Yes, the Wookie! That's it. But now upon hearing of Diggler's bid for AD, she called me last night and said that she has decided to challenge Diggler for the position of AD for the Fighting Sioux. She is afraid that he is promising all these changes to the general public only to go back on his promises when he is elected and side with the suite holders and old "sticks in the mud" as he calls them. She even has photographs of him in an expensive suit socializing with these people, laughing about the "suckers" that call themselves the "real" fans, saying that he can't wait to turn REA into the likeliness of a museum.

TH: That's awful! I am backing forecheck 100%!

DH: And I just want to go on record right now and say that Dean Blais, who always enjoyed her banter on the Coach's Show last year, and I fully endorse forecheck's bid for AD. She will be a fine asset to the athletic programs.

TH: Well you heard it hear folks. Forecheck, a real people's person, is now up for AD.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Forecheck found to be a phony and a liar

2/10/05

GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- In a suprising event, it was revealed forecheck does not know what number Wayne Gretzky wore during his career. Dave Hakstol said "While I supported her at one time, I no longer can. If she does not know this, I do not believe her hiring would be in the best interest of the hockey program and it's future." It was also found that forecheck lied about the pictures she supposedly had in her possesion. These photos do not actually exist and she has been conducting a smear campaign. Due to these incidents, forecheck's resume has been put through the paper shreader and Hakstol has shifted his support towards Diggler. "The guy is a genius. I'm just estatic that I'll have the opportunity to work under him."

DH: Why yes he would.  I've talked to him and he has many ideas.

5. Fire the renta-*beep* that grops all students no matter their gender and who stole his 1 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper at the WJC.  He still hasn't forgotten or forgiven that old hag.

Here is how you beat the rent a cops when smuggling in a pop.  I call it the Smoky and the Bandit method.

1.  Pick one of your friends to be the diversion

2.  Have that friend put his chooper mitts into a bulky stocking cap

3.  Place the stocking cap (and mitts) into his coat and zip up.

4.  Important, it must be placed to look like your buddy is really bad at sneaking something in

5.  As your friend is getting dry humped and groped by security, you and the rest of his buddies can sneak right by with the real contraband (pop, jerky, etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pop? Jerky? My how things have changed over the twenty five years since I smuggled 'contraband' into the WSA. :lol: