SiouxSports.com Forum

SS.com vs POI game 3

bertibm

Well it is that time a year again, for the 3 year in a row we would like to play some hockey with ya. Rink would be on the Westside and early so you UND fans can head back early. Date would be Sunday March 20th. Would any of you like to play. 7-12 skaters and 1 goalie per team. Would someone like to take care of the SS.com team. I will check back.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if people are up for it I suppose I could organize the team once again. I don't think everyone checks this board regularly, so I'll send out some emails.

This game really would be a lot more fun each year if the SS.com team could figure out a way to practice together. Kind of hard to do though when everyone is from different towns/states. :silly: I suppose a good coach would find a way huh? Maybe I'll start pulling the goalie with 5 minutes left in the game. :sad:

Ok, if you didn't get an email from me and you've played before, it's because I don't have your address. So if you want to play or know anyone else who does, either post here or send me a message.

For anyone new who wants to play and doesn't know the details...for the past 2 years on the Sunday after the Final Five, Sioux fans and Gopher fans have gotten together for a "friendly" yet competitive game of hockey in Minneapolis. I have organized the Sioux team in the past and paid for the team up front, and the players pay me on the day of the game (I think it's been around $10/player before). If you stiff me I will hunt you down, or in the case of Brianv, you'll be lucky and run into me at the bar on my 21st birthday and slip me some cash. :silly: Last year everyone went out after the game for some food and drinks and to watch the NCAA selections, which hopefully everyone will be up for again this year.

I can play if we need, but I use the word "play" lightly. Before we commit to Jerred I would like to make sure the commitments to play are pretty solid regardless of whether UND is in the Final Five (newsflash: they might not make it). I live in the Metro, so I'm here anyway.

I can play if we need, but I use the word "play" lightly.  Before we commit to Jerred I would like to make sure the commitments to play are pretty solid regardless of whether UND is in the Final Five (newsflash: they might not make it).  I live in the Metro, so I'm here anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's an excellent point. We've been relatively short on numbers the past two years when the Sioux were in St. Paul and I can see the bottom falling out if the Sioux don't make it this year. I live in the Twin Cities, so I can be there regardless. But I'd rather not play at all if there is only 5 ss.com guys skating around against 20 poi.com guys. I mean, I need some exercise but I don't need my heart to explode.

I will be making the trip from Fargo to the final5 no matter if the sioux make it or not. If you want my services in net let me know. I didn't play up to expectations last year and I can understand if you want to go with someone else. :lol:

Michigan Tech is going to win it all. I'm making that call right now.

I will be making the trip from Fargo to the final5 no matter if the sioux make it or not.  If you want my services in net let me know.  I didn't play up to expectations last year and I can understand if you want to go with someone else.  ???

Michigan Tech is going to win it all.  I'm making that call right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be willing to bet with you on that one. :lol: First off MTU Has to get through C.C. or Denver.

BRILLIANT!!...seriously, good idea. I'd be interested in helping to organize at some point (I'm in the Metro anyway.) I'm also one of those NoDak farm kids that discovered hockey as a freshman at UND.

same story here. broomball would be fun. I'm dangerous on skates, but not in the right ways.

So far it's RubeIdiot, Dagies, and me for some broomball. I may be able to rent the Hippodrome in White Bear Lake, so that's an option. Can anyone put a post on PrideOnIce.com and see what the interest level is over there? If need-be, we could make it a co-rec event or I could just grab some ringers from my own King of Diamonds broomball club in St Paul.

It is up to all of you.  So far POI has 8 people.

I think UND will make it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So far I haven't heard from anyone else about playing, so the list of players for the hockey game is still the same as in my last post. Wantagh said that he might have some friends that would like to play, but they are not for sure yet.