SiouxSports.com Forum

SS.com vs POI game 3

bertibm

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shots were 70 for POI, only cause we lost track after the first 20 minutes.  I would guess that they were actually WELL into 3 figures by the end.

Nice game, Stuckinfargo!  and thanks for everyone who played.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should have taken the shot! :lol:

Fun games, thanks ss.com gang!

correct, the SS.com coach tried to rally her troops to pull a win out after leading and then losing the lead.

Great tending by the SS.com goalie! I will have a traveling trophey made for next year to go the winning team.

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I say next year when/if the Gophers play in GF, the GPL/POI crew should road trip and play a game on "our" home ice. :D

Good to hear, Bigchief! Glad I could help you out since I'm not known for my skating. Five games of hockey and three games of broomball...I'm spent.

I forgot to give you some keychains to pass out. Dangit anyways. Was WPoS there? I wandered over to section 114 Saturday to introduce myself, but he was up in the nosebleeds for some reason.

Was WPoS there?  I wandered over to section 114 Saturday to introduce myself, but he was up in the nosebleeds for some reason.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry about that...hung for a while but the peer pressure got to me and I had to go with some of the peeps I was going out with after the game...

WPoS

I believe the score was POI 7, SS.com 5.  :)

Shots were about 70-20 in favor of POI.  ;)  Stuckinfargo kept us in the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We held them to 70 shots :) ....niiice

Anyone else notice how many odd man rushes/breakaways they had...I think it was around 30 :D

The game was supposed to be televised, but it was picked up by Victory Sports :lol:

It appears to me coach forecheck needs to recruit some size.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I tried! We had a football player turned hockey player on the team who looked like he probably played an offensive linesman position. I'm trying to get a good mix of big, tough defensemen ala Matt Greene, and smaller, speedier skaters ala Jeff Panzer. So far I've had problems with players not showing up to prescheduled practices. It's getting better though, we definitely had a better showing than last year. Stuckinfargo was amazing in goal, as usual. I think he's one that slipped through the NCAA recruiting radar. ;) Next year we'll have to actually try and keep track of SOG to give him his proper stats.

PCM is spewing forth a great deal of blasphemy. I think we all know who the brains behind SS.com team is. Obviously it takes a few years for a new coach to get wet behind the ears, but we're slowly improving. Heck, I don't even need to recruit anymore! Players just come flocking to me, wanting the chance to play for SS.com. Next year we'll have to hold tryouts like an hour before the actual game. :lol:

Thanks again to everyone who showed up today! I didn't know half the guys who showed up and I didn't really get a chance to talk to many of you, but it was a good time. I tried my best to cheer you on from the stands. Too bad everyone had to leave so quickly after the game!

WPoS, SS.com will be happy to take the trophy off of your hands next year when we have our first awards ceremony after the game. Maybe you and I should be giving out all-tournament awards in the last 5 minutes of the ice time!

Thanks for putting up the pictures Kirk, and for taking them JK.

Obviously it takes a few years for a new coach to get wet behind the ears, but we're slowly improving. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You see, this is the problem. A coach is supposed to start out wet behind the ears and then dry off as time goes by. But by her own admission, forecheck is doing it backwards! In contrast, I'm so dry behind the ears that the humidity drops 50 percent everywhere I go. :lol:

sorry we had to leave right away. i needed to drive back to fargo as soon as i could. i had a mountain of homework waiting for me. damn gradschool.

thanks for the praise. that would have been awesome to win that one given the odds. at the end of the game i had about 3 inches of snow covering most of the crease area. that part of the ice definately got used.

we started out really good in the first minutes of the game. with the full bench i thought we would do fine. then things kind of turned south a bit. still, you guys battled back to make it 5-4 at one point. i messed up on the 6th and 7th goal a little bit with controlling the rebound. i wouldnt mind having those back, but overall im glad it was a close game.

see you all next year hopefully.

stuckinfargo-

That was best goal tending I have ever seen! They would have scored 20+ goals if we had an average goalie. If you ever move to minneapolis I would love for you to play on my AHA recreational team, the Chiefs. This is a fun league with both summer and winter seasons. Something to fill the hockey void after the Frozen 4.

My three stars to of the game look like this:

1) Stuck in Fargo

2) Stuck in Fargo

3) Stuck in Fargo

I gave my best on 4 hours of sleep. (Up late Saturday working a WCHA charter flight.) Had a great time and as always fun to get out and skate!

I just enjoy watching great goaltending.  First Iwabuchi, then Goehring, and now Stuckinfargo.

Next year I'll try to bring a couple of defensemen, too. :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And your nephew! I'm positive with him in the lineup, SS.com would have scored the last couple goals they needed to tie/win the game.

Although, we may need a bigger bench if we bring in more players!