SiouxSports.com Forum

SS.com vs POI game 3

bertibm

diggin, sounds good. We still need players, so we'll count you guys in. Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer, A.K.A. the guy who scores 90% of our goals, emailed me and said he and his friend will probably be able to play. So it sounds like we should have enough players, assuming squirtcoach's son can play and possibly bring some friends. Right now it sounds like we have a bunch of "maybe's", but I'm pretty sure we'll have enough people to put together a team.

So far, here's the team:

Goalie: Stuckinfargo

Skaters:

Wantagh, possibly a friend

mksioux

jk

747Guy

squirtcoach's son and possibly some of his friends

diggin and 2 friends

Probably Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and his friend

There's more than 10 people there, and at least 7 people who will definitely play, so I think we'll be ok. But if anyone else is still thinking about playing, there's room. Would all the "maybe's" send me a message when they know for sure whether or not they'll be there? Thanks.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, don't be enthusiastic or anything! ???

Skaters:

Wantagh, possibly a friend

mksioux

jk

747Guy

squirtcoach's son and possibly some of his friends

diggin and 2 friends

Probably Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and his friend

BigChief

Bacardio

I'd play if I could make it, i'm not as quick or functional as I used to be but I make up for it in experience, and if any of those morons in maroon come after me I'll coldcock them. I don't wanna sound like I'm tooting my own horn here but in 1964 I was the MVP of the Ontario Heights Men's League, notching some where between 25-29 points as a stingy blue liner. Since then I've lost my hair, and some obvious speed, but I still got the heart of a puma. If only I wasn't stuck in Ann Arbor I'd be out there faster than a bad round of potato salad. Gouge the gophers Sioux fans and even if you lose bring up the sweep from Tech and keep those neandrathals quiet.

Is there a suggested jersey to wear for this game? I would buy a Sioux replica if others have them in the same color (white/green/ or black). Or we could buy blank green jerseys for $12 (http://www.hockeygiant.com/ccm10hocprac.html) and get them customized as a souvenier for this Final 5 tradition.

Lets kick POI's butt!

If it was broomball, gentlemen, I'd be interested.  However, those of us who grew up in southwestern North Dakota know that hockey didn't exist until about 1992 out there.  Sorry, I'll hafta pass.  :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Southwest ND rules!!!!!! You're right, people are usually born with a basketball in their hands down there. Wish I could help, but sorry!!! GOOD LUCK AND GO SIOUX!!!!

Has for the Former POI, we play in a leauge and it is still team POI. We will be wearing dark this year. UND goes with the light colors. Please or blue or gray either.

Victory Memorial Ice Arena is where we will be playing. We can start at 12:15pm or 1030am. I would like the 12:15 myself. Cost is $95 a team. Game will be for 1 1/2 hours. Any :0?? email me at Jerred.Kline@prodigy.net Here is the map to the rink.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1...LcdQhufuBp2Qoav

Forecheck if you could email me a check that would be great. I will send you a email with my addy

forecheck

I am in IA but I took that weekend off to be up for the Final Five. So if the Sioux team still needs a player I will be up there and would love to play. I will just bring up all my equipment here in IA where I have been playing on a adult mens novice league. I have been playing wing or center if that helps. Just let me know

EDIT: BTW, we should get some custom SS.com jersey's made for this like the POI team does.

I would be willing to contribute jerseys for the day if necessary from my broomball teams. Your choices would be:

Russian-made Team Sweden yellow jerseys - make a statement that says "unlike the sissy combination of colors the Gophers wear, we kick a** in yellow!"

green "Pizza Factory" jerseys - ah, the Huskies and Gophers on my broomball team loved it when we wore this for three seasons.

Grey Liberty Bail Bonds jerseys - as worn by my co-rec squad.

Purple Liberty Bail Bonds IceHoggs jerseys - ditto the co-rec squad, only the away version.

Let me know, gentlemen (and ladies), I could come up with 12-15 jerseys for the day.

Thanks for the opportunity to pitch my sponsor. I'll tell you what...I'll post what section I am sitting in for the Final Five (when I get my tickets) and if you cmon over and introduce yourself, I'll make sure you get a Liberty Bail Bonds handcuff keychain...and 10% off your bail bond if you're arrested during the weekend. :0

Thanks for the opportunity to pitch my sponsor.  I'll tell you what...I'll post what section I am sitting in for the Final Five (when I get my tickets) and if you cmon over and introduce yourself, I'll make sure you get a Liberty Bail Bonds handcuff keychain...and 10% off your bail bond if you're arrested during the weekend.  :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TFF! ;)

WildSioux, we'll count you in since there are a lot of people who "might" be able to play. Right now I'm only going to count the people who have definitely committed to playing.

Squirtcoach, let me know when you find out if your son or any of his friends plan on playing.

So far, these are the people who have committed (If I missed your name, let me know):

Skaters:

Wantagh

mksioux

jk

747Guy

diggin and 2 friends

BigChief

MinnesotaNorthStar

WildSioux

Bacardio

Right now we have 11 people who have said they will play. These are the people who said they might be able to play:

Wantagh's friend

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and his friend

Squirtcoach's son and friends

I'm just organizing the names to make sure our share of the ice gets paid and we have a team. You guys decide what to do about the jerseys and who gets playing time, since we could end up with some extra players. Depending on how many people actually show up on game day, be prepared to bring $8-10 to pay for your share of the ice. I'll probably send out another email to people.

EDIT: Bertibm, the link for the map to the arena didn't work.