SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 U18 from Switzerland!

The Sicatoka

On 4/28/2023 at 12:02 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

BC is well represented to day the least.

This really emphasizes our need to get back in the mix for high-end young recruits - like our rivals BU, BC, Minny, and Michigan.   We need to take this seriously and get off the portal for all of our needs.  And right soon too.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Irish said:

This really emphasizes our need to get back in the mix for high-end young recruits - like our rivals BU, BC, Minny, and Michigan.   We need to take this seriously and get off the portal for all of our needs.  And right soon too.

I agree with you. But it is worth pointing out that the schools you listed all currently have extensive natty droughts. So we aren't the only school struggling to finish off seasons.

26 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I agree with you. But it is worth pointing out that the schools you listed all currently have extensive natty droughts. So we aren't the only school struggling to finish off seasons.

Point taken - it also requires playing a full 60 minutes and working your system - including being responsible for where you are supposed to be (not just chasing the puck into the corner) - See Quinnipiac.  However if you look at our returning roster this next year it tells you a lot about how recruiting has been going the last several seasons -  Compare that to our two biggest rivals - Denver and Minny.  When we are successful we have had a nice blend of high end talent and role players (and good goaltending).  It is sad to see other teams have much more success with top talent.  We need to get back in the mix.  I'm not sure if our playing style hurts us but their is that theory.