SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

Just now, cberkas said:

They have played 11 OT games so far which also doesn't help much 

Even if they did make the NCAA's this season, I think they'd get bounced right away.
They seem to fall behind the majority of their games (even against subpar teams) before clawing back and either tying or winning in OT.

I agree with you, I think it will be difficult for them to move up much at all...and if they happen to fall in any of those remaining games, it's gonna really hurt their PWR chances.

17 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Even if they did make the NCAA's this season, I think they'd get bounced right away.
They seem to fall behind the majority of their games (even against subpar teams) before clawing back and either tying or winning in OT.

I agree with you, I think it will be difficult for them to move up much at all...and if they happen to fall in any of those remaining games, it's gonna really hurt their PWR chances.

I still can't believe that Stonehill was winning both games against them. The only other game Stonehill lost by 1 was Merrimack when they scored under a minute to make it 3-2. Merrimack should have won 3-1.

None of the teams ASU has left are above them in the PWR. ASU is a victim of scheduling bad teams where Denver, Providence, and Cornell are the power teams. CC is more of the getting better but not the power they use to be. 

The Ivy schools are all terrible this year with Cornell and Dartmouth the only two above 30 in the PWR.

So, today I heard of a jailbreak goal. This is a goal that is scored shorthanded which would end the pp early for the team killing the penalty. Leave it to the PWHL having an idea that makes sense. I like the idea and could see the NHL adapting it along with other leagues.

So, I looked to see how many shorthanded goals are scored in NCAA and NHL

In the NHL there has been 99 players that have scored shorthanded with the most being 5 by two players.

NCAA has 7 teams not score a shorthanded goal with Northeastern with 7 goals, and 10 teams that haven't given up a shorthanded goal with Stonehill giving up 9 shorthanded goals.  

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

So, today I heard of a jailbreak goal. This is a goal that is scored shorthanded which would end the pp early for the team killing the penalty. Leave it to the PWHL having an idea that makes sense. I like the idea and could see the NHL adapting it along with other leagues.

So, I looked to see how many shorthanded goals are scored in NCAA and NHL

In the NHL there has been 99 players that have scored shorthanded with the most being 5 by two players.

NCAA has 7 teams not score a shorthanded goal with Northeastern with 7 goals, and 10 teams that haven't given up a shorthanded goal with Stonehill giving up 9 shorthanded goals.  

So if someone has an egregious slashing or checking from behind penalty, and their team gets a lucky bounce or breakout that leads to a short handed goal,  they get out of the box early?  What if they had pulled their goalie near the end of the game to try get back in it to go along with the power play and the team scores short handed into an empty net.  Seems to me, you do the crime, you pay the time. Seems like a gimmick to me.

• Upvote 1

CC at Mariucci for a series with the Gophers starting today and concluding tomorrow. The team will stay in Minnesota for the rest of the week as they travel up 35w for their conference road series  against Duluth. 

3 hours ago, tnt said:

So if someone has an egregious slashing or checking from behind penalty, and their team gets a lucky bounce or breakout that leads to a short handed goal,  they get out of the box early?  What if they had pulled their goalie near the end of the game to try get back in it to go along with the power play and the team scores short handed into an empty net.  Seems to me, you do the crime, you pay the time. Seems like a gimmick to me.

Yes, that is what happens. Power plays use to go a full 2 minutes even when a goal was scored but that was changed because the Canadians were too good on the power play. Still better than the dumb rule USA Hockey wanted where a team shorthanded can't ice the puck. 

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

CC at Mariucci for a series with the Gophers starting today and concluding tomorrow. The team will stay in Minnesota for the rest of the week as they travel up 35w for their conference road series  against Duluth. 

Any way to watch it around here.  It shows Fox 9+, but not sure if that is available in local market, or another way to access it.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Any way to watch it around here.  It shows Fox 9+, but not sure if that is available in local market, or another way to access it.

They’re televising it locally down here in the Springs but I “think” I saw somewhere that the games will be on the B1G+ streaming (I didn’t even know that was a thing). 

2 hours ago, tnt said:

Free air antenna on channel 11-3 in the red river valley