SiouxSports.com Forum

The "Official" BSU Friday Game Thread

OETKB

Just want to get the thread started. The way UND played against CC, I think they are going to smoke BSU tonight. Let's hope so.

Here is an opportunity for Fylling, Canady, & Massen to turn the corner on their senior seasons. Here is a chance for Phil to be rewarded for a good game in goal with a "W."

Go Sioux!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I think the Sioux will sweep, but I doubt it will be by rout. From what I gather, this BSU team is a better team in a really really bad conference. But I would rather play BSU than Canisius anyways (sorry Forecheck).

I predict sweep, but I think we use these games to try to get back into gritty hockey. HOPEFULLY we'll see plenty of parking in front of Layne and crashing the net.

EDIT: Oh, and, depending upon who officiates and how the official wishes to call the game, I do not see an appreciable difference in penalty calling (even without Greene).

Edited by redwing77

Just want to get the thread started.  The way UND played against CC, I think they are going to smoke BSU tonight.  Let's hope so.

Here is an opportunity for Fylling, Canady, & Massen to turn the corner on their senior seasons.  Here is a chance for Phil to be rewarded for a good game in goal with a "W."

Go Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope I am wrong but I certainly am not holding my breath that any of those three are going to start scoring this season. I just don't think it is going happen.

I am really bumming here.  Right about now, I should be about 120 miles or so from Mecca.  Instead, I am chained to some desk in a near dead end job.  Hoping I get home in time to dial in the Internet Radio.

Two weeks ago, living large following the Sioux in the Springs.

Tonight, just another widget in the big wheel of life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What happened?

Three hours until I get to enjoy a good, old-fashioned beatin'.

There's nothing like being in the Ralph for a Sioux game.

The only thing that comes close is being in the Maroosh watching the Sioux

laying a sound beating on the brown and yellow in front of their

home town criers . . . .

By the way, West Regional tickets are out.

Ralph season holders supposedly get a first dig at them for next year's

Regional. It'll be bigger than the Worlds, albeit on a different scale.

The way I see it, even with Fuher, Greene, & Murray out of the lineup tonight, UND still has around 8 "A Players" on the 20 man roster (impact players). If I had to guess, I'd bet BSU has maybe 3.

UND should outshoot them badly. And, perhaps the Sioux will finally find the back of the net more often.

THe ice stinks; basketball has to go back to the arena that was built for basketball :0

Not a good defensive show by the Sioux. BSU saved a goal by Spirko late in the period by holding his stick. BSU was the better team for most of that period.

Sioux have to start dumping and chasing. Passing and catching are near impossible on this ice surface.

And you're right, Schneider didn't show much interest in tieing up anyone in front of the net.

BSU has played a great physical game so far. And guess what, they are parking in front of our net, and no one is picking up that man. I haven't seen such a poor defensive "performance" since the first period of the big satellite party fiasco vs minny.