SiouxSports.com Forum

Bemidji State

dj_hoime

From what i heard Bemidji State is better than the last time we played them.

I just hope their is no upset at the Ralph this weekend. :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Gophs had a close game with them last year at Mariucci. I would expect the Sioux to sweep, but one of the games will likely be close to the end.

My man Speedwak

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And some guy who played three seasons for the Sioux and is second in career game-winning goals for UND. I forget his name, but I have a picture of him from his younger days.

hot_money.jpg

I was at that last BSU/UND game. I remember being impressed with their goalie, Hunt. He made some excellent saves to keep BSU in it. Then there was the disallowed "Kollar-like" goal that Siembida gave up that would have tied it up in the 3rd.

Bucks scored two of our goals, but Goulet scored two of theirs as well, and he is gone now too. Hunt is also gone. Their goalie's stats right now aren't too good, so hopefully we can take advantage and spring to life our offense.

But I still expect at least one close game. :blush:

The Gophs had a close game with them last year at Mariucci.  I would expect the Sioux to sweep, but one of the games will likely be close to the end.

sagard,

I appreciate your posts on all the boards, as you are the utmost in even and unbiased analysis of college hockey, but please stop predicting Sioux sweeps. Everytime I see that, UND ends up dropping a game or even getting swept (Wisconsin a few years in a row). Maybe tempering the prediction by calling one of the games to be close will help the Sioux.

Just kidding around. Thanks for the reminder about last year's MN/BSU series.

Is this the same Bemidji State that knocked off a Frozen Four team last season?

This Sioux team is ripe for the picking given this week's distractions and the off-week. I'm sure BSU knows that.

I agree about the distractions, but you neglected to post the BSU/UMD scoresheet from the next night:

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20021207&vi...me=bsu&gender=m

:blush:

I agree about the distractions, but you neglected to post the BSU/UMD scoresheet from the next night:

The PWR doesn't give a beaver's bottom (or would that be Beaver's bottom?) about 12-0 whitewash final scores.

The PWR viewed UMD and BSU each as 1-1-0 head to head after those two games.

For the remainder of this season The Sioux can not afford to lose to any teams with lower RPIs or PWRs. Period.

Bemidji has a really good line, but I believe they drop off after that (MI Techish?). I heard the kid from Roseau (Erickson?) is hurt, I know he is one of their leading scorers. If he isn't playing that takes away a big offensive threat.

They had a really good goalie, but I believe he graduated last year. They should be weak in net, although they do have former Sioux recruit Sedevie, he had some talent before he blew his knee out. I imagine they are a good team for the Sioux to actually start scoring some goals against. However I wouldn't be surprised to see some close games if the Sioux continue to have trouble finishing.

Good point, they also just have to look at the boxscores of the saturday night games vs. Alaska-Anchorage and MSU-Mankato this year. We can't take anyone for granted this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember the game in question the 4-3 win by UND and there were a few BSU fans that thought they got screwed by the refs, however, the Beavs were clearly off sides on the play in question and no goal should have been awarded on this play. Based on the results from that game a few of the BSU fans are a little more confident than they should be, I believe.

Secondly BSU is in a weak division, MSU-M and UAA would/could win the CHA league championship if they were in that league. I have no doubts about it.

I think we are all making a moutain out of a mole hill, the oh we are going to loose the game crowd is coming out of the wood work again... UND needs to play their game, don't take them for granted, don't look past them and get on a role going into next weekends series. If they don't they might get stroked.

Here is why I am confident UND will win:

1.) We no longer have a Sievebida in net.

2.) UND is a stronger team defensively than the year of the 4-3 win.

3.) UND is going to be ready for the Beavs, and I look for UND's defense to beat the smaller Beavers up.

4.) I hope if they go out and party on Friday night take the Beavers with you.

5.) No Riley Riddell.

Edited by Goon

Bemidji has a really good line, but I believe they drop off after that (MI Techish?).  I heard the kid from Roseau (Erickson?) is hurt, I know he is one of their leading scorers.  If he isn't playing that takes away a big offensive threat. 

They had a really good goalie, but I believe he graduated last year. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grady Hunt has used up his 4 years of college/graduated from college.

Is this the same Bemidji State that knocked off a Frozen Four team last season?

This Sioux team is ripe for the picking given this week's distractions and the off-week. I'm sure BSU knows that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SICA, When we win both games I will share some of my three cases of beer I am going to win from this weekend. Dude close your eyes, and think better thoughts.

Think, goals and think UND Sweep. Honestly and seriesly, UND leaders if their are some need to step up and say he boys this is a must win situation, they need to challenge each other pull together and expect to win. Then they need to do it again next weekend. This folks crucial series. They must have the mind set that losing is not an option. IF they lose to BSU I feel they don't belong in the NCAA playoffs this season.

Edited by Goon

from what i have seen they have a couple of pretty good players. brendan cook and andrew murray. these 2 can play. cook has 28 points (14 goals, 14 assists) on the season and murray has 32 points (12 goals, 20 assists). luke erickson is solid as well with 28 points but i am not sure if he is playing this weekend..

i see the sioux playing well this weekend. hopefully they will break out and score some goals and get that rolling for the remainder of the wcha season. this series could be coming at a great time for the sioux. then again i have been waiting for the flood gates to open all year :blush:

i also would love them to break out and score a bunch of goals from a selfish standpoint since i am flying up to g-forks for the weekend for the games :D;)

BSU lost 2 times to mankato this year each game 4-0....

. . . .  I will be watching your squad closely this weekend! :D  :blush:

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not? It will probably beat your watching the licking the Goofs will be taking to make it six straight conference home losses.

Dogs are on a mission, and from a roster glance, are a much better and seasoned team than the Gophers.

Good thing that your boys had the early luck. It'll get 'em to Mariucci in March, where anything can happen. Here's guessing it's a beating administered by some team in green to end your season.

Eh?

:blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That 12-0 loss was from the 2002 season. The night before, the Beavers defeated Duluth in overtime at the DECC. Last year, they defeated Duluth on Friday night 3-1 and then lost at the DECC 3-2 with Sedevie in net. Here is the link to that game:

http://www.collegehockeystats.com/0304/boxes/mbmjmnd1.n15