SiouxSports.com Forum

Bemidji State

dj_hoime

Why not?  It will probably beat your watching the licking the Goofs will be taking to make it six straight conference home losses.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will never happen I will bet anyone a beer the Gophers don't lose 6 league games in a row. Don Lucia won't allow it to happen. :D:blush:

In all seriousness the Gophers are a loaded team that will rebound with a sweep this weekend.

I proclaimed UMD done after their performance at the X last year. That one came back to sting a little. :blush:

I think the Gophers are still a weekend away from recovery.

I'm torn between who to root for this weekend in the UMD/UM series. On the one hand, we don't want Duluth to catch us in the WCHA standings; but on the other hand, if UM keeps in their current slump, we could eventually catch them.

I guess it doesn't matter though unless the Sioux can get some wins in their remaining WCHA schedule.

I'm torn between who to root for this weekend in the UMD/UM series. On the one hand, we don't want Duluth to catch us in the WCHA standings; but on the other hand, if UM keeps in their current slump, we could eventually catch them.

I guess it doesn't matter though unless the Sioux can get some wins in their remaining WCHA schedule.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Despite the standing ramifications this one is a no brainer. Go Dogs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would take the Dogs anytime over the Goofies. That is one team I never root for no matter what the situation. The Yankees and Goofy hockey are two teams that I wish the worst of luck.

I would take the Dogs anytime over the Goofies. That is one team I never root for no matter what the situation. The Yankees and Goofy hockey are two teams that I wish the worst of luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So who would you root for if the Yankees were in fact playing the Gophers Hockey team? :blush:

I think the Gophers are still a weekend away from recovery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After the licking the Dogs are gonna lay on the Gophers this weekend, I think that

the brown and yellow may be a couple of seasons "away from recovery" after the constant pounding that will be inflicted on their fragile psyches.

Someone called Tech taking three of four, at least, last weekend. Last Saturday, I called the game right after Scott calmly, and fairly, manhandled two Gophers at a time when Tech was trailing 1-0.

This series really is a no brainer. Dogs are the better team. They were last year. They are at this time of this year. I don't think that these games are even going to be close. Especially with the Dogs not getting the Gophers in Duluth this year.

Of course, there is a reason why we play the games . . . . So that many of us can take pleasure in watching the much anticipated lickins' on the picture tube.

NDH...again...lots of talk from the opponents...we'll see...I am confident we won't get swept...but UND onthe other hand may have different rodent problems...a Split for UND/Other rodents...

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see UM split winning on friday night and droping a close one on Saturday...UND sweep..

I see UM split winning on friday night and droping a close one on Saturday...UND sweep..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reichmutt will need to take lessons from the MSU goalies @ the X if the Gophers are to take more than a point.

The Gophers will make another charge this year, hopefully taking them to Columbus. I just don't think it will start this weekend. They are still banged up and don't have the margin for error to win when they are not at their best.

Playing teams like UW or UND bring out their best, alas that is a week away. UMD is like the little brother that has grown up and can now beat you. It hurts to lose, but I still can't hate 'em.

Reichmutt will need to take lessons from the MSU goalies @ the X if the Gophers are to take more than a point.

The Gophers will make another charge this year, hopefully taking them to Columbus. I just don't think it will start this weekend. They are still banged up and don't have the margin for error to win when they are not at their best.

Playing teams like UW or UND bring out their best, alas that is a week away. UMD is like the little brother that has grown up and can now beat you. It hurts to lose, but I still can't hate 'em.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like the excuses for this weekends loses are starting already.