8. Boston University 231 13

9. Colgate 202 14

10. North Dakota 195 8

11. Vermont 177 12

12. Ohio State 162 9

13. Cornell 118 10

14. Harvard 90 11

15. Maine 39 15

Also receiving votes: UMass Lowell 16, Nebraska-Omaha 11, Canisius 4, Holy Cross 1.

USCHO POLL

January 10, 2005

Team (First Place) Record Pts Last Week

1 Colorado College (39) 18-3-1 599 2

2 Boston College 11-3-3 529 3

3 Michigan 16-5-1 509 4

4 Minnesota (1) 16-7-0 486 1

5 Wisconsin 15-6-1 418 6

6 New Hampshire 14-4-2 405 7

7 Denver 14-6-1 360 5

8 Boston University 13-7-0 275 11

9 North Dakota 14-8-2 241 8

10 Colgate 15-5-0 208 13

11 Cornell 9-4-2 196 9

12 Ohio State 13-6-3 193 10

13 Vermont 13-6-3 176 14

14 Harvard 10-5-2 115 12

15 Maine 11-8-3 43 15

Others Receiving Votes: Mass.-Lowell 34,

Nebraska-Omaha 4, Michigan State 3, Bowling Green 2,

Northern Michigan 2, Bemidji State 1, Minnesota State 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess was 4 or 5, they've now lost three in a row.

MN  dropped into a tie for third in the USCHO PWR ranking.  UND is in a tie for 11th with the evil empire....er....Sconny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell you what - it is almost enjoyable playing from behind ...err #11...certainly no pressure week in and week out as there is when you are #1.

Wow surprised the Gophers dropped from #1 all the way down to #4. Considering they beat up on Michigan a few weeks earlier I would have guessed they should have been ranked above them - even with getting swept by CC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I would have put the Goofs at #3 and Michigan at #4.

Next week we'll drop out of the top 10. I just hope we can stay in the top 16 PWR wise.

Yeah, I would have put the Goofs at #3 and Michigan at #4.

Next week we'll drop out of the top 10. I just hope we can stay in the top 16 PWR wise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They really need to be in the top 14 PWR at minimum because two of the auto bids will be for teams that aren't in the top 16. Since there could be upsets in the other conference tourneys they really need to be top 12 to be in the field for sure.

It is definitely time for them to kick it into gear if they can or they might not even make the NCAA tourney. With a heavy senior lineup this is totally unacceptable for Sioux hockey.

I haven't given up hope for the frozen four yet, but any more w/e's like the last one and I just might. If they would start taking care of the home games (sweep) and split on the road they should make the tourney and have a chance to do something.

Last year I thought the Sioux were the best team in the country. This year they have as good or better goaltending and a better powerplay. The defense should be as good or better since we have the same players with another year of experience, but it is not working out that way. With the offense having difficulty scoring (didn't think I would ever say that for a Sioux team) they have to play better defense than last year. That would be the challenge I would put to them as a coach. Even if the offense picks up a bit they will not make it to the frozen four, much less win it all, without a significant improvement in defense.

There are only 12 games left for the Sioux until WCHA playoffs (two weekends without any games). Six home (Bemidji State, Denver, Wisconsin) and six away (CC, AA, St. Cloud). They need to start showing consistent intensity and defensive improvement starting this w/e with CC.

I will be going to CC for the games and I hope to see the beginning of this.

Tell you what - it is almost enjoyable playing from behind ...err #11...certainly no pressure week in and week out as there is when you are #1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The pressure of being #11/12 is getting greater as the Sioux get closer to the bubble, ie playing their way out of the NCAA's.

F and D (M and W) mentioned over and over again this weekend (while the Gophs were stinking it up) how playing for the McNaughton takes too much out of the team that wins it, and leaves them weak for the playoffs. Are we to assume, then, that teams finishing second-last in the WCHA pick a weekend, or weekends, to coast and save their energy. If that's the case the Sioux should be well rested for the playoffs.

You know, I'd hate to delve into this, but it's eating me up inside and I just have to say it:

1.  We will never, EVER, judge ourselves by whatever FSN has to say about us.  FSN openly admits that they are the station for Minnesota sports.  It doesn't care about North Dakota so why should we care about what they think?

I think your preaching to the choir here because most of us know that FSN is highly biased and has trouble seeing the perspective of anything but the maroon and gold. I think Masucko is one of the biggest clowns doing college hockey today. Woog I can forgive beause he was the coach of the Goofers and also a former player.

I think that is why many of us watch the goofers play just to watch them lose and that there is no other hockey on right now as a result of the lock out. I know I personally take great pride in watching the Goofer loose in hockey. I enjoyed last weekend's series, however, the tigers play caugh my eye and think the Sioux are going into a hornets nest this weekend.

Didn't McCrapo win some sort of award for being a good broadcaster?

He is horrible.  Though better than Pat Sweeney, but Pat isn't being broadcast around the country via satellite either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He won a regional Emmy and he's far superior than Tom Sagissor - but so is an oak tree.

If either one of those two idiots would step outside the moron and gould,  and call a spade a spade,  they wouldn't be as bad.  :glare:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woog is very critical of the Gophers during his broadcasts - or at least the during the away games. I'm at the home games so I wouldn't know if his style changes.

i understand that,    but it's not,  "what a great move by zajac to get past giglioski, puts a deke on briggs,  scores,  what a nice individual effort by travis zajac to make giglioski look like a pilon"      it is,    "giglioski 'stumbled' allowing the UND player to go around and get a shot on briggs."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Solution:

control_mute.jpg

Jeez, Greyeagle, can't you come up with a more practical approach?  :glare:  ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It always amazes me that people will continue to listen to announcers they do not like, especially with TV where the sound is superfluous. I can't stand the MNF crew so I watch the game while listening to a little Van Morrison, the game is so much more enjoyable!

Good call Greyeagle,if you don't like they broadcasting why listen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly, i try to not listen, i would rather listen to tim and greg then whoever is calling the game on FSSN. Tim is a rediculous homer, but i think greg does a good job of negating that by being a color first, sioux second kind of guy. he's not afraid to be critical of the sioux or complementary of the opposition. Woog is a sickening homer, much like tim, but mazocco is a first rate dumb !@$!. Hell, even some of the ESPN announcers don't belong in a game. give me clement, panger, and buccigross. those three are the bomb. but yes greyeagle, MUTE is a very valuable button on the remote for almost anything on FSN.