SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting News?

siouxcool

The TOEWS family must feel alittle different than you doggy dog ,about coach Hakstol.And your thoughts dont count when it comes to getting a kid to come to UND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoosh!!!

Man, the :glare: sure it throwing people for a loop today!

Thanks for not only missing the sarcasm and point, but also for putting me in my place!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TOEWS family must feel alittle different than you doggy dog ,about coach Hakstol.And your thoughts dont count when it comes to getting a kid to come to UND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definitions of sarcasm on the Web:

witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Johathan Swift

www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

a form of verbal irony in which apparent praise is actually harshly or bitterly critical. Close Window

www.wwnorton.com/introlit/glossary.htm

A stinging remark usually containing irony used to wound feelings

garneteye.com/mediation/learn.glossary.qz.html

A generally bitter comment that is ironically worded. However, not all ironic statements are sarcastic. Sarcasm is usually a way to mock or ridicule something, while irony isn't.

davinci.moh.bvsd.k12.co.us/kugler/AP/AP_Glossary.html

:glare:

Haven't you heard, he doesn't have what it takes to be successful at this level and certainly can't be given credit for Toews!  :huh:  :glare:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. Just exactly what does Hakstol think he's doing? Doesn't he know that we want a team of Mike Prpich and Robbie Bina clones who stay all four years? We don't need no stinkin' marquee players at UND! Down with Hakstol! ???

:);););););););););););););););)

(For the sarcasm impaired)

How does this Toews kid matchup with Crosby as far as a prospect, talent, etc? Being drafted overall number 1 in their draft is a pretty big deal I assume. Just interested in comparisons since they are both from Canada and relatively close in age.

Please give us the definition of CHUMP.Or maybe coach doggy dog can.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, I will spell it out for you because obviously, you still don't get it.

I don't think Hakstol is a chump.

I don't agree with people not giving him a chance and already calling for his head.

I DO think he can be successful at this level and hope that he is.

I DO think he should be commended for bringing in such a bigtime recruit, ESPECIALLY considering the pressure Tri-City was presumably applying to the Toews family.

And I am not a coach, but If I did coach I would make you skate 25 lightings/Herbies'/lines, whatever you call them, for replying to a post you clearly had not read and understood. :glare:

Talking with some ex UND players they say this kid is the real deal.He has all the tools of being a great player.And getting better every day.He also has a younger brother that is setting all type of bantam records in canada.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Younger brother David leads the SSM tier I bantams with 89 points in 35 games. Some of those have no doubt been scored in Canada.

Please give us the definition of CHUMP.Or maybe coach doggy dog can.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Chump" def. Eng. 1926(?). n. 1. "a person who cannot grasp basic sarcasm." 2. "a person with no sense of reality or humor."

--Bloody Bill's Dictionary for Hockey Fans, 2003

I remember when it was announced that Blaiser was leaving and our friends over on POI were all giddy about the prospect of UND not getting the top recruits anymore. Well, Hak, Bubs and Eades first recruit was Zach Jones, then they get the two top recruits out the the BCHL (Andrew Kozak and Matt Watkins), they get the #1 overall pick from Canadian Major Juniors and the top player for SSM (Jonathan Toews). Toews put up huge numbers at SSM last year as a 10th grader and now with this announcement out of the way and not hanging over his head, I suspect he will continue to tear things up at the AAA Midget level. I think whats good about this is that he could be at UND for 3 years. If Zach Parise had accelerated, we would have been able to keep him for 3 years. It will be interesting to see how Toews can adjust to college hockey at such a young age. He'll be younger than Danny Bertram was when he started last fall for Boston College. Bertram has done fine but he hasn't excelled yet. Toews has more size than Bertram so maybe he'll have a bigger impact. But I don't think we should have unreasonably huge expectations for the kid. Remember, when he sets foot on campus, he'll just barely be 17 years old.

There are several younger brothers and sisters at SSM who could be future Sioux. I believe Murray also has a younger sister who plays hockey (I might be wrong on that). Phillipe Lamoureax has a couple of twin sisters who are the top players for SSM as 9th graders. By the time they get to college, they should dominate for 4 years. Maybe they'll accelerate and be at UND by the time Phil is a senior. Mario is also a big-time recruit. Hopefully, they'll all want to return home and follow Phil's lead. We could potentially have 4 Lamoureax's playing for the Sioux in 3 years. Plus, there are a couple more (Roger Lamoureax's kids) up in Calgary that are pretty good players.

It's not clear if the Kessel to BU thing is legit or not. Gives non-gopher fans some hope but could be false hope. Time will tell.

Regardless, Coach Hak got the job done on a big time recruit, it appears. Congratulations to him.

WELCOME JONATHAN, TO

THE FIGHTING SIOUX!