SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

So play them conference and non-conference.
Creating a more insular schedule which hurts come ratings calcs and tourney times. 

We know why you're not the AD, ... thankfully. 

ummmmmmmmmm the midcon conference is a one bid conference so this makes no sense. unless these 3 (someone has win em so their "ratings" will go up)....... games keep someone from getting the coveted WBIT or NBIC ?? bids?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

I like the idea of UND and ndsu in Bismarck against mt. And mt. State

the next year do in billings 

‘could make the 3rd game Dickinson and msu billings 

‘give other parts of both states easier access to games 

now your talking!!!!!!!!!!

love it!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

civic seats 10k........double header und v montana and then ndac v msu.........how many tix do they sell?

2 hours ago, Kab said:

See, now this is realistic… and it was something that was in the works in 2020 and 2021 but Montana shut it down 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

I threw this out there a week ago. Quite a ways back in this thread.

Bismarck Civic Center

2-3 day event

NDSU and UND against Montana and Montana St.

U Mary and Minot or Jamestown against a couple teams from the Great NW Athletic Conference and/or Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference

BSC and UTTC against a couple JUCOS from Wyoming or Nebraska.

maybe Mix in some High School teams from ND and SD.

next level stuff love it.......can u / we call it "basketball day in North Dakota!!!!!!!!"

• Like 3

13 hours ago, petey23 said:

I threw this out there a week ago. Quite a ways back in this thread.

Bismarck Civic Center

2-3 day event

NDSU and UND against Montana and Montana St.

U Mary and Minot or Jamestown against a couple teams from the Great NW Athletic Conference and/or Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference

BSC and UTTC against a couple JUCOS from Wyoming or Nebraska.

maybe Mix in some High School teams from ND and SD.

Love this idea, plus can use the exhibition hall to have multiple games going at the same!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

One way I would look at scheduling if I’m the AD is looking at combining basketball and hockey. Schedule something with some of those hockey east schools with similar level basketball programs like Merrimack, UMass Lowell, Dartmouth, heck bring in Miami but have these games overlap with a hockey weekend against the same school. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

One way I would look at scheduling if I’m the AD is looking at combining basketball and hockey. Schedule something with some of those hockey east schools with similar level basketball programs like Merrimack, UMass Lowell, Dartmouth, heck bring in Miami but have these games overlap with a hockey weekend against the same school. 

I've always like the idea of pairing up with hockey opponents.  For example NDSU played at WMU this year, and WMU may be headed back to Fargo for a return trip at some point.  Get WMU to the Betty, and stuff the basketball team onto the hockey charter when they head out there in a couple years.  Not sure how much room is on the plane, but if they travel together ya gotta think there could be some benefit of efficiency.  Could play a second game while out there, in addition to WMU. 

• Upvote 2

UND and NDSU seem to be working together more when scheduling games, which seems to have helped a little bit.  Hopefully that can continue - kind of a non-conf travel partner, which helps make trips out to the Dakotas more cost effective for other D1 programs.

• Upvote 1

I’m a roller coaster of emotions when following a team so right now it feels all doom and gloom going forward. As I step back, I think we are fine but I don’t think we will finish where I want us to. While shooting is an issue, defense is our biggest issue. We have the athletes and length to be a good defensive team, minus maybe inside. 

20 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m a roller coaster of emotions when following a team so right now it feels all doom and gloom going forward. As I step back, I think we are fine but I don’t think we will finish where I want us to. While shooting is an issue, defense is our biggest issue. We have the athletes and length to be a good defensive team, minus maybe inside. 

Where did you think we would finish and who would you have above us in the Summit? I also don’t understand the defensive issues. I thought length and athleticism would make things very difficult on opponents 

5 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Where did you think we would finish and who would you have above us in the Summit? I also don’t understand the defensive issues. I thought length and athleticism would make things very difficult on opponents 

I thought 4 was an appropriate spot. Maybe different with an eligible Ihenacho too. Basically I thought we would be fringe Tier 1 with SDSU, ORU and NDSU but instead I think we are tier 2 but closer to tier 3 than 1. All made up things in my head haha. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I thought 4 was an appropriate spot. Maybe different with an eligible Ihenacho too. Basically I thought we would be fringe Tier 1 with SDSU, ORU and NDSU but instead I think we are tier 2 but closer to tier 3 than 1. All made up things in my head haha. 

I think you're pretty spot on with your made up things in your head lol

I have the same thoughts!

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

Following this could be of interest to us. I’m not sure how much longer it would still be worth Tyree even playing this year though. Assuming the sophomore class sticks together, I’d rather him join that class next year as juniors. 

Will be interesting the guidance they get after today as far as the Risk/reward of playing. I think most guys will play for the 2 weeks... what is the NCAA going to do after that happens???? To me this kills the waiver stuff and guys can play... right or wrong I have no idea.

17 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Following this could be of interest to us. I’m not sure how much longer it would still be worth Tyree even playing this year though. Assuming the sophomore class sticks together, I’d rather him join that class next year as juniors. 

I’d rather have Tyree fall into the sophomore class