SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

29 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nice record and bj hasn't even woken up yet........he needs to calm down and just back to the basics........first play in next game...designed play to get bj a backdoor alley opp......#slumpbuster

I like the idea of this being the first play against the Pilots. We need BJ to get back on track. This could be a tricky one at home if him and Treysen both don't play well again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Paul Ralston on the radio did not sound very optimistic about Brady D’s ankle. That should mean more minutes for Brooks and Mara. I’m all for that! 

Sucks, that guys poured a lot of his heart and soul into this team. Hope for a speedy recovery for him. It does offer more minutes for others though and I am excited to see more Mara. 

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

fixed............this is't that hard

So play them conference and non-conference.
Creating a more insular schedule which hurts come ratings calcs and tourney times. 

We know why you're not the AD, ... thankfully. 

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So play them conference and non-conference.
Creating a more insular schedule which hurts come ratings calcs and tourney times. 

We know why you're not the AD, ... thankfully. 

For a conference that loses most of it's D1 non conference games, how much, specifically, would a few extra conf vs conf games hurt?  Say it's even just one extra vs NDSU every year.  Is there any evedence to suggest that it would actually affect the conference negatively?  Because it's not like this is FCS football.  The Summit is a one bid league.  If anything, the extra revenue would probably make more of a difference in the long run, imo.  The incremental ticket revenue gained from playing NDSU vs a Mayville could go towards getting non conf D1 oppenents to the betty, or it could go towards the assistant coaches salary pool, food for the team, etc.  At least a NDSU vs UND game keeps the conf winning percentage at .500 for the game.  If that's a problem, play THEM in the exhibition game to kick off the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

For a conference that loses most of it's D1 non conference games, how much, specifically, would a few extra conf vs conf games hurt?  Say it's even just one extra vs NDSU every year.  Is there any evedence to suggest that it would actually affect the conference negatively?  Because it's not like this is FCS football.  The Summit is a one bid league.  If anything, the extra revenue would probably make more of a difference in the long run, imo.  The incremental ticket revenue gained from playing NDSU vs a Mayville could go towards getting non conf D1 oppenents to the betty, or it could go towards the assistant coaches salary pool, food for the team, etc.  At least a NDSU vs UND game keeps the conf winning percentage at .500 for the game.  

Again, it's fun to discuss... it will never happen. Never.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Again, it's fun to discuss... it will never happen. Never.

I get that.  I'm asking for specific reasons.  Just saying NO isn't really contributing anything of value.  Why not teach us why so the topic doesn't continue to get brought up?

• Like 1

The specific reason has been stated multiple times already. There isn't a team in the country that is going to schedule a conference opponent during the non conference season. You are already playing those teams 2 times a year maybe 3... why would you sign up for a potential 4th game against  a conference opponent??

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SD UND said:

To reiterate... again.

No team in the entire country is going to play a conference opponent in the non conference season. That's why it's dumb. 

not a lot of teams are on an isolated island from other d1 schools like the dak4....especially und.

didn't a FBS football team play a home and home in the same season? nmsu and liberty????  gotta do what ya gotta do...........or just schedule vcsu.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Is that your answer?  Because... "others don't"?   If other schools jumped off a bri

Please try again. Why, specifically, is it a bad idea for UND to schedule a non conference or exhibition game vs NDSU?

heck.......split the difference and play this ndac "non-c game" in mayville........packed house......no tv....just radio   3k seats....... @gfhockey would be there and the Top Hat after we kick their asses.

IMG_1269.JPG

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Is that your answer?  Because... "others don't"?   If other schools jumped off a bri

Please try again. Why, specifically, is it a bad idea for UND to schedule a non conference or exhibition game vs NDSU?

It's not a stupid question to ask, especially given our scheduling issues.

Ok, you win... UND should just schedule all Summit league teams one extra game in the non league slate. That way we can play everyone in the Summit 3 times a year. Fans wouldn't get sick of that at all and the players and coaches would love it.

Head--->Brick wall

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Ok, you win... UND should just schedule all Summit league teams one extra game in the non league slate. That way we can play everyone in the Summit 3 times a year. Fans wouldn't get sick of that at all and the players and coaches would love it.

Head--->Brick wall

only talking 3 games......one year it's two home and 1 away.......next year 1 home / 2 away.........or just call sacred heart in EGF...they would've put up more of a fight than vcsu

6 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Head--->Brick wall

Disingenuous straw man argument.  I didn't win - we both lost.  Communicating with you was a complete waste of time.

• Upvote 1

take my mayville idea on step farther.........und/ndac plays a non-c game every year and rotates it around the state........jamestown, valley city, bismark, willison, minot, devils lake, mayville, wahpeton

your welcome.

so that with sodak too............one year they play in rapid city......next year williston and so forth........

your welcome.

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Disingenuous straw man argument.  I didn't win - we both lost.  Communicating with you was a complete waste of time.

I gave you the reason why they won't do it. Because no one would. You didn't like that answer... I don't know what to tell you.

• Downvote 2