SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how about next year going forward........no d2 schools........just schedule up non conference games against omaha, st thomas, ndac, sdac, and sodak........why not????

Why doesn’t Duke just schedule non league games with UNC, NC state, and Virginia??? 

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I want to know who these athletic directors are talking to. Every low major D1 school complains about not getting other D1s in for non conference games. How do all these schools have the same issue???? 

There are very very few mid to low major D1 programs that could pay to have a schedule filling all of their non league home games with other D1s.

7 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Why doesn’t Duke just schedule non league games with UNC, NC state, and Virginia??? 

Nobody is talking about Duke. We’re talking about UND.

And myself and others have already provided the solution. It’s really not that complicated. Plenty of better non-D1 schools within reasonable driving distance that would love to come play an exhibition D1 game. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SD UND said:

I bet if Duke didn’t have one of the largest basketball budgets where they can pay for any team in the country to come there as a guarantee, didn’t play in one of the top conferences in the country, and was located in the midwest where in a 4 state radius there are 10ish D1 teams who are all in their conference they would be looking to schedule with the surrounding schools to help solve a problem everyone is dealing with.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Nobody is talking about Duke. We’re talking about UND.

And myself and others have already provided the solution. It’s really not that complicated. Plenty of better non-D1 schools within reasonable driving distance that would love to come play an exhibition D1 game. 

So why doesn’t NDSU and SDSU play Northern State? Why doesn’t USD play Augie and Sioux Falls? Why won’t Omaha play Kearney and Wayne????

Just now, SD UND said:

So why doesn’t NDSU and SDSU play Northern State? Why doesn’t USD play Augie and Sioux Falls? Why won’t Omaha play Kearney and Wayne????

Again, you’re trying to dodge the solution we’re providing for some reason. It’s okay to admit you might be wrong on this one.

There are plenty of better NAIA or D3 teams that would love to come play UND that wouldn’t be 40 point blowouts like Northland College. It’s a win-win for every single person involved and would not be very hard to do. 

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

On a tangent from the current topic.....this is the best team Concordia has had in years. Length, athletic, skill and depth. They'll be a  suprise in the MIAC.

.....carry on about Duke now.

They look solid. Loge is playing real well. UND’s gotta figure out how to handle the zone. 

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

They look solid. Loge is playing real well. UND’s gotta figure out how to handle the zone. 

Agree. I’d expect other teams that watch this tape or when we played VCSU to throw a 1-3-1 zone at us. We have 0 clue what to do against that zone. 

6 minutes ago, SD UND said:

SDSU played Mary and Concordia SP in the last few years. NDSU has played crookston and Minot state in the last 2 years. UND women played Minot State tonight. Not sure your point? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

SDSU played Mary and Concordia SP in the last few years. NDSU has played crookston and Minot state in the last 2 years. UND women played Minot State tonight. Not sure your point? 

Are any of those teams considered to be worth a damn in the NSIC???

that’s my point.

2 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Are any of those teams considered to be worth a damn in the NSIC???

that’s my point.

You’re acting like the top NSIC are saying no to playing UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU. Now that could be the case but I would guess more than likely they aren’t reaching out or offering a good guarantee. I could be wrong but would guess they don’t want to schedule a top NSIC because they are scared to lose and take all the risk. They’re worried how it would look if they lost versus playing against some better talent which would make the team better.

• Like 1

Just now, SD UND said:

Not an argument from my standpoint- questions were asked- i gave the insight as to why college programs schedule the way they do- it’s something literally every low to mid major school does 

No you asked why do local schools not schedule a list of NSIC teams. I provided you examples of teams scheduling NSIC teams and then you wanted to argue about the strength of the NSIC which I don’t care to do. Have a good night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SD UND said:

Not an argument from my standpoint- questions were asked- i gave the insight as to why college programs schedule the way they do- it’s something literally every low to mid major school does 

Didn’t really give any insight to why, just said basically we aren’t Duke, UMary Minot st, Concordia St P, Crookston suck

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Yeah and your “insight” was wrong. Just give it a rest buddy. It’s okay to admit you are wrong every once in a while. Completely normal thing to do. 

2 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

You’re acting like the top NSIC are saying no to playing UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU. Now that could be the case but I would guess more than likely they aren’t reaching out or offering a good guarantee. I could be wrong but would guess they don’t want to schedule a top NSIC because they are scared to lose and take all the risk. They’re worried how it would look if they lost versus playing against some better talent which would make the team better.

In essence you’re correct.

When Augie was number 1 in the country i don’t think D1s were banging in the doors begging to play them so that they could play better competition. 

same with northern when they had their little run- no one in this region was gonna schedule them from a D1 standpoint 

if you’re gonna schedule a non D1 you’re going to schedule a guarantee win- I’ve had to say that over and over again and i don’t know why that’s a hard concept to grasp