SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS tigers (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

9 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Is that a win win in the pair wise or diminished?

It's diminished in the PW (2/3) if it's an OT win (1/3 for OT loss). It matters to some degree but going into the weekend we had a 2% chance of an at large bid so it's not impossible, but the conference tournament is more likely at this point in time. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, George M. Bluth said:

Interference not called in Gaber on the winner. I’ll take it!

I didn’t see the interference, was it before they were in the zone? They could have called something on Jandric, but three on three they don’t seem to call little stick work much unless the guy goes down.

25 minutes ago, tnt said:

I didn’t see the interference, was it before they were in the zone? They could have called something on Jandric, but three on three they don’t seem to call little stick work much unless the guy goes down.

They also could’ve called a hold on Laba as he had a handful of Blake’s jersey on the goal. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

They also could’ve called a hold on Laba as he had a handful of Blake’s jersey on the goal. 

Yes, personally that is another reason I hate the 3x3, because refs don’t want to call anything unless totally flagrant because they know that a 4x3 power play could very well decide the game on a ticky tack penalty.

Just now, MafiaMan said:

I’m shocked at how many people can’t see that that was an obvious penalty and resulted directly in the game-winning goal.  

If you watch enough 3x3, it seems to be that they let a ton of potential penalties go.
None of the refs had their arms in the air for Laba holding Blake's jersey either, so if Blake wouldn't have scored, that would have gone uncalled as well.

• Upvote 1