SiouxSports.com Forum

Lunatics @ hawks Saturday thread

gfhockey

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Dude, it’s the 3rd week in January.  This team is clearly packing up the road jerseys for the first round of the playoffs. 

Oh we  are definitely going on the road. But being 5th against Omaha is better for us and looks better than 7th or 8th against St. Cloud or Denver. But there are 6 full weekends and 36 potential points left of regular season hockey left, dude. 

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Let's continue status quo....sneak home ice hopefully.....lose in 3 regardless....then lose 3 to the portal. Brilliant.

I don’t think anyone wants to roll status quo. But to say the season is done and we should start 6 every night over 2 (or anyone) hasn’t been watching. Get Judd off of a scoring line and put him with the shutdown line (put one of them as the extra forward to kill penalties), get DeRidder in the net and keep him there for good, no more switching. Break up our defensive nightmare of a top scoring line by getting 21 instead of 22 up there because 22 doesn’t have the size or grit quite yet. Get 18 on a scoring line again because he’s got the speed and skill to do it. Oh, and Stop taking 26 out of the lineup, FFS. And I think the one thing that goes without saying is they Portz has a lineup spot for sure as he’s been one of the best forwards the last 6 games. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I was watching the D Saturday. I only came up with one UND defenseman that did NOT make an unforced error: 15. 

The rest all either made a tape pass to the other team or iced the puck unnecessarily or worse. 

I thought Bast, Moore, and Sidorski had a solid 40 minutes until the extra minutes they normally wouldn't be logging started to show and we looked gassed in the third period.

3 hours ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Oh we  are definitely going on the road. But being 5th against Omaha is better for us and looks better than 7th or 8th against St. Cloud or Denver. But there are 6 full weekends and 36 potential points left of regular season hockey left, dude. 

Yep, 6 weeks left.  

UMD - likely a split.  

At Miami?  Probably a split.  

The Huskies?  Swept at home.  

Two at Denver, guaranteed losses.  And ugly ones.  

At CC - maybe a split. 

Omaha at home…split.  

9 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I thought Bast, Moore, and Sidorski had a solid 40 minutes until the extra minutes they normally wouldn't be logging started to show and we looked gassed in the third period.

Why do you think they were logging minutes they didn’t normally? I’d have to see the ice time stats. Moore was moved to the top pairing in Kleven’s absence, so I could see that, but the other 2 were in the same place in the lineup they usually are. 

17 hours ago, Irish said:

You are correct about draft picks - however it would matter if we lose many of our good young recruits so we can continue playing like we have been in this cluster of a season.

That is a better way of putting it, "good young recruits".

12 hours ago, petey23 said:

Sidorski's been playing top four minutes most of the season. So has Moore. Farmer's been the five. 

2 and 4 shouldn't have felt "extra" minutes.