SiouxSports.com Forum

Phil Kessel

Siouxhockey78

Any one know of this 16 yr old kid. I was reading a little about him on insidecollegehockey.com. Just curious what everyone thinks about him and should the Sioux jump in the recruiting race for him....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are threads and threads and threads about him in various places.

And should the Sioux jump in? No. We shouldn't waste our breath. Why? Because USCHO's recruiting ticker has reported that he has narrowed his choice of schools down to Wisconsin and Minnesota.

The only surprise to me is not that we weren't recruiting the guy, because we may have early on, but that Michigan was eliminated. I had predicted him going there.

It's now only a matter of time before he commits somewhere. But where he commits is hardly the topic of a thread here as we are very sure it won't be at UND.

And should the Sioux jump in?  No.  We shouldn't waste our breath.  Why?  Because USCHO's recruiting ticker has reported that he has narrowed his choice of schools down to Wisconsin and Minnesota.

If you read the recruiting article on USCHO, it says that he still has BC, BU, Mich, Minnie, Wisco, and UND as his choices.

While it is good to see UND in his final 6 for potential schools, I'm not holding my breath that he will end up here. I think he is bound for Minnie, Mich, or Wisco. Wisco because he is from Wisconsin. Mich because he is on the USNDT which resides in Mich. I'm not sure why any non-Minnesotan, a Wisco-born player noless, would choose Minnie, but whatever floats his boat. :lol::ohmy:

Either way, he will definitely boost whatever program's class that he decides to commit to. He is the real deal. He is the Zach Parise of the 05 class.

There are threads and threads and threads about him in various places.

And should the Sioux jump in? No. We shouldn't waste our breath. Why? Because USCHO's recruiting ticker has reported that he has narrowed his choice of schools down to Wisconsin and Minnesota.

The only surprise to me is not that we weren't recruiting the guy, because we may have early on, but that Michigan was eliminated. I had predicted him going there.

It's now only a matter of time before he commits somewhere. But where he commits is hardly the topic of a thread here as we are very sure it won't be at UND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for being the thread police and telling people what is and what isn't acceptable to be posted on this site.

Hey guys Poncho here. First time poster long time reader, i live about 25 minutes out of Ann Arbor, and my next door neighbor is Wolverine assistant coach Billy Powers, and he and Mr. Berenson are very close to linking a deal with young Mr. Kessel as an 06 commitment. Now as for Peter Mueller, i watched him play a lot of hockey this summer and boy it is hard to tell. It's like a pick your poison really. You get contrasting styles out of each player Kessel is a smaller player but has great hands and a good eye for the ice. As for Mueller he's big at 6'2 and can lay the smackdown if you ask me. But I would have to say Kessel is the smarter of the two players, after all we know who Mueller signed with.

Kessel as an 06 recruit???  Well it is hard to argue with the neighbor factor but I wonder where Kessel would play next year before putting on the maize and blue jersey for the 2006/2007 season cosidering this is his 2nd year on the USNDT?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what i've been told he's either going to do one more US developmental year or may try Canadian Juniors.

P&L, with all due respect I find it hard to believe a coach of the Wolverines is telling anyone this information at this point in the process.

I'd rather see this kid anywhere but MN, so I hope you are right. I just find it surprising that this would be divulged.

I guess I wasn't sarcastic enough. Kessel is an 05 recruit and this fact is well documented. Dagies makes a good point about the assistant coach as this is very unlikely as well as the response that Kessel will play a third year or play "Candian Jr". There are good reasons to believe Michigan will land Kessel but I just don't buy what P&L is saying about how it will happen.

Kessel as an 06 recruit???  Well it is hard to argue with the neighbor factor but I wonder where Kessel would play next year before putting on the maize and blue jersey for the 2006/2007 season cosidering this is his 2nd year on the USNDT?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NDSU Club Team? :D