SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. BC

jimdahl

This is exactly what they boys didn't need. Badly outplay BC only to go down 2-0; then take a couple dumb penalties, 3-0; lose confidence, finally get a 5x3, then can't get a hold of the puck. Hak, Brad, Eades and the captains are going to have to get the boys to forget about that one and play good solid hockey coming out in the second. Look at it this way, if they come back from this one, it may be a watershed game for them.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me if this has been stated already....

That would be UND being outscored 9-0 in the last 4 periods of play. 

Totally BOGUS hockey foe the Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What has happend to our great d-fense core? It all starts by playing smart and staying out of the box. Secondly, you would think a core of defensemen that we have could break the puck out of their end. Third, the forwards need to get their motors running and MOVE. Other than that things look great....

The 3 goals aren't too surprising, as BC has some serious offensive strength. They "sound" like they are moving the puck very well. But, UND appears to be beating themselves tonight. Forwards can't control the puck, and the D cannot stay out of the box.

After watching this Sioux team in Mankato and at the REA, I have not been too excited about this season. BUT, I don't see this slip as catastrophic. This is a tough UND schedule, and they are learning about what it takes to play at a top-10 level.

There's talent in this team, no question. They just aren't executing. They need to pop in a goal and get their feet moving again. Put one in, and the rest will follow. Don't jump off the wagon just yet.

taz