SiouxSports.com Forum

Bison lose to SDSU in Brookings

fightingsioux4life

SDSU beats NDSU 24-21 in Brookings to win the "prestigious" Mile Marker Trophy (or whatever it's called). The Jacks drive 80 yards in about 2 minutes to take the lead and then seal it with an interception. There was a lot of whining by the TV color analyst about a pass interference call on the Bison during that drive, which I thought was a good call. The Bison drop to 0-2 in the Great West Conference. Any thoughts?

SDSU beats NDSU 24-21 in Brookings to win the "prestigious" Mile Marker Trophy (or whatever it's called).  The Jacks drive 80 yards in about 2 minutes to take the lead and then seal it with an interception.  There was a lot of whining by the TV color analyst about a pass interference call on the Bison during that drive, which I thought was a good call.  The Bison drop to 0-2 in the Great West Conference.  Any thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it is nice to hear NDSU fail, but they are gone now. Why should we care??

WOW :0

They're division one-AA and LOST to two old NCC foes!! boo hoo!! :D No Nickel - No boat anchor - my condolences to the SUCKERS at Bisonville - I'm SURE they still think it was a GOOD MOVE and I'm sure they're bitching about the officiating now!!

PS - that was a real TOP-NOTCH division one BROADCAST by 'DAY tonight....made the Powerbowl (Concoria VS. MSU-Lamehead) done by KVLY look like Notre Dame-Michigan!!! crappy graphics...satellite interuptions in the audio...shaky cams...MIKE TANNER ON THE SIDELINES??? :(:):)

HEY!! Maybe those guys MIGHT qualify to work the Dataflix Webcast for Sioux womens hockey :angry: they should apply...

It is also funny because the Bison fans thought that the NDSU program and team was at such a higher level than in SDSU's and were much more prepared for the move to AA.

Anyone see Bohl snap on the interview after the game on the question about the pass interference game? Hilarious

As much as I didn't want it to happen, SDSU winning legitimizes this game as real rivalry and not just a NDSU dominated game.

And yes, it was a bad call.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well thats a positive spin, if I was an NDSU fan I don't think I could look at it that way.

The pass interference call did have an impact, but NDSU still should have been able to stop SDSU from going the length of the field. The (attempted) tackling on the game-winning touchdown was terrible.

I'll admit that a very small part of my wanted the Bison to win only to see what their post game reaction would be towards the granite marker. I figured the NDSU players wouldn't even care or that any celebration would look faked since they did just beat the Jackrabbits. The Bison will care about winning the trophy next year, but I still question the rivalry. I didn't really care when UND would beat USD for the Sitting Bull trophy, and I figure most NDSU fans felt the same way about the granite marker before the SDSU game. It just seem like the media is trying too hard to make NDSU-SDSU out to be rivals. I would think that NDSU-UNC is the better rivalry based on past success.

I was actually not to excited about the Dakota Marker. but, it does not have near the storied past as does the Nickel, but I do have to say I am pretty pissed off the damn thing is in South Dakota! I think that if NDSU would have won the attitude would have been, "We expected this result and figured the trophy would be in Fargo". Now....I think that a lot of us are pretty irritated and will be more enthusiastic about winning it back next year. And....of course SDSU did much celebrating when they won it since it was not really the expected outcome for them. So I guess the loss was good for the trophy.......but who gives a s&!t....I would rather win..... :angry:

I was actually not to excited about the Dakota Marker.  but, it does not have near the storied past as does the Nickel, but I do have to say I am pretty pissed off the damn thing is in South Dakota!  I think that if NDSU would have won the attitude would have been, "We expected this result and figured the trophy would be in Fargo".  Now....I think that a lot of us are pretty irritated and will be more enthusiastic about winning it back next year.  And....of course SDSU did much celebrating when they won it since it was not really the expected outcome for them.  So I guess the loss was good for the trophy.......but who gives a s&!t....I would rather win..... :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow it really suxks to be a bison fan in bisonville right now.....the lost the nickel last year and now this trophy with SDSU. maybe noving up wasn't a good idea after all...hahahahahahaha

As much as I didn't want it to happen, SDSU winning legitimizes this game as real rivalry[.]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bahahahaha! Good one, Chaps. *wipes tears from eyes*

If the game had been played in the FloodDome, the only "real rivalry" would have been whether 'SU fans would have filled the other half of the seats for the game, or spent the day at West Acres, with a stop by Outback on the way home.

It's kind of amusing how after their 52-0 butt-kicking at UC-Davis, many SDSU fans were convinced that they were really bad this year, and now after a pretty fortuitous win over NDSU, they think that "this would have been their year" had they still been in the NCC! I have a feeling there will be some jumping off the bandwagon again in two weeks after their game at Georgia Southern.

Here is what the NCC of last year would look like this year after 4 weeks

St. Cloud

UNO

UND

USD

SDSU

NDSU

MINN. ST.

AUG

It obviously shows the strength of D1aa football.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

USD has wins over Truman (0-7), Peru St (0-6), Moorhead St (0-7), UW-LaCrosse (D3), Augie (3-4) and Mankato (3-4) and lost to what appears to be a down UNO. How they could be ahead of NDSU or SDSU is beyond me

Well in an attempt to do this without bashing NDSU I would like to rank the "old NCC" based on how good I think they are not thru four weeks:

St. C

UND -----I think UND wins the game if it's in Forks, or with a healthy John B. but w/o that knowledge I have to give the nod to St.C

SDSU--- has the kind of offense to give every one fits but if it's not clicking....referece UC-Davis

NDSU ---- Same as above. If the game is at the FDome, SU wins and no one cares about the Mile Marker

UNO

USD

Auggie

MSU-Man

My two cents!

i would say the level of football UC DAVIS is playing is ahead of what is being played in the NCC and most of the Great West and DIAA for that matter.

Funny how UNO hasn't beat anyone of note besides USD (who hasn't beaten anyone better than my left toe) and some ranked them 2nd in the NCC. What does that say about the NCC. Isn't one of UNO's losses to western washington, didn't they lose to western oregon, who got pasted by UCDAVIS and SDSU. No logic involved there.

I forget that SDSU smashed Winona St. as well the 12 ranked team in D2.

I'm not saying that SDSU would walk through the NCC or D2 but give some credit where credit is due, i think we would have had a good chance at winning the NCC. I can admit that UND had a fantastic year last year and is on the premiere programs in the nation at the D2 level. :angry:

ps. I will go back to lurking now on siouxsports, until someone puts down the jacks again.

i would say the level of football UC DAVIS is playing is ahead of what is being played in the NCC and most of the Great West and DIAA for that matter. 

Funny how UNO hasn't beat anyone of note besides USD (who hasn't beaten anyone better than my left toe) and some ranked them 2nd in the NCC.  What does that say about the NCC.  Isn't one of UNO's losses to western washington, didn't they lose to western oregon, who got pasted by UCDAVIS and SDSU.  No logic involved there. 

I'm not saying that SDSU would walk through the NCC or D2 but give some credit where credit is due, i think we would have had a good chance at winning the NCC.  I can admit that UND had a fantastic year last year and is on the premiere programs in the nation at the D2 level.  :angry:

ps.  I will go back to lurking now on siouxsports, until someone puts down the jacks again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think anyone is really putting SDSU down as much as refuting any claim that SDSU would have won the NCC this year had they been in the league. Admittedly, that claim was made on the d2football.com board, but I suspect that many SDSU fans share the sentiment. SDSU was rarely a bad football team when in the NCC, but generally speaking they'd play well at home and lose on the road against the better teams and finish somewhere between 5-6 and 8-3. To claim that the year AFTER they left the league would have reversed that trend would be like me saying that UND WOULD HAVE finished above SDSU in men's basketball this year. It's possible, but just opinion with no solid proof to support it.

Funny how UNO hasn't beat anyone of note besides USD (who hasn't beaten anyone better than my left toe) and some ranked them 2nd in the NCC.  What does that say about the NCC.  Isn't one of UNO's losses to western washington, didn't they lose to western oregon, who got pasted by UCDAVIS and SDSU.  No logic involved there. 

I'm not saying that SDSU would walk through the NCC or D2 but give some credit where credit is due, i think we would have had a good chance at winning the NCC.  I can admit that UND had a fantastic year last year and is on the premiere programs in the nation at the D2 level.  :angry:

ps.  I will go back to lurking now on siouxsports, until someone puts down the jacks again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys gotta stop and realize that the teams you are playing aren't much better, if some of them are at all, than the teams you played last year. SDSU added 2 scholarships--big deal. You haven't won anything at D2 level in the longest time. Now you all the sudden call yourselves D1-AA, so now you could win the NCC? Please. Why would you be better than UND this year when you haven't been better than them for the last 10 years?

Your competition might now be all that you think it is---minus Cal Davis! You are hanging with and beating (see NDSU) teams are not as great as they think they are. That D1-AA Tag is throwing some people for a loop. Davis, Poly--yah they are pretty good but other than that these teams are right around upper D2 level. I am pretty sure UND would be doing just as well if not better than you playing the same Great West schedule that you are playing this year. I really have no idea how they wouldn't be better than you this year--but we will never know.