SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

Denver beats St. Cloud 2-0

Michigan Tech beats St. Thomas 2-0

Ohio State beats Wisconsin 6-2

Wisconsin just fire the entire coaching staff and hire Johnson off the women's team. 

I'd hate to Wisconsin with how it's been since Eaves left, and to think he was to blame

45 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Less than 5 minutes and they called a 5

Does anyone recall a UND road series at DU about 6-7 years ago and in the Saturday game they called like, 7 penalties on UND in the second period and it turned what was a competitive tie game into a win for Denver? That’s home cookin’ at Magness Arena. They’re damn good but it also doesn’t hurt to get the benefit of the calls at home. Cornell coach Mike Schafer said he would never go back to Denver after a series some years ago because of the officiating there. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Does anyone recall a UND road series at DU about 6-7 years ago and in the Saturday game they called like, 7 penalties on UND in the second period and it turned what was a competitive tie game into a win for Denver? That’s home cookin’ at Magness Arena. They’re damn good but it also doesn’t hurt to get the benefit of the calls at home. Cornell coach Mike Schafer said he would never go back to Denver after a series some years ago because of the officiating there. 

I think it was sooner that 6 or 7 years, I believe it was in 2017 or 2018. Absolute shotshow.

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

The game Ben Blood got a 5 for nothing

IIRC, Hakstol complained to the league after that DU game and the league reviewed the game.
And then that officiating crew didn't work another game for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

This was the worst example of home cooking I can remember. 

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/box/final/20171118/ndk/den/

Denver 1-2   UND 8-27.     After UND won Friday night, "home cooking" made sure that didn't happen again.   

30 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Denver 1-2   UND 8-27.     After UND won Friday night, "home cooking" made sure that didn't happen again.   

College Hockey Box Score: North Dakota vs. Denver - Saturday, November 21, 2009 : College Hockey News

9 hours ago, farce poobah said:

I was at this game. They called back a goal for “goalie interference” and gave Cole Smith a major penalty for what looked like running into a DU player who was clearly playing injured. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Just turned it on. I hate Denver.

Speaking of Denver. Bobby Brink (9g-32a--41pts) is tied for the lead in the NCAA, and leads the NCHC in points with 41. 

Our own Riese Gaber (13G-18A--31pts) is fourth in the NCHC in points, and 18th in the NCAA in points. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Speaking of Denver. Bobby Brink (9g-32a--41pts) is tied for the lead in the NCAA, and leads the NCHC in points with 41. 

Our own Riese Gaber (13G-18A--31pts) is fourth in the NCHC in points, and 18th in the NCAA in points. 

I'm a little surprised Bobby Brink isn't with Team USA in Beijing.  Seems like his game would transition well to Olympic ice and European opponents.