SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Ferris State

jimdahl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, it was 31-0 at the half; third quarter underway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grrrrr.... not that it matters that much. Exactly what I was thinking it would happen. Sioux really focused on a must win game right after a loss. Ferris in a world of hurt.

Oh, and just a little tidbit for you all, Saggy is now losing to Mercyherst 16 to 0. Playoffs are going to be looking pretty interesting.

Sioux O mailed it in in the second half, but finally score a TD (missed a FG earlier).

THe D came to play a complete game, however, as Ferris is getting nothing.

38-0 Game has to be close to over.

SCSU now leads Augustana.

Sioux O mailed it in in the second half, but finally score a TD (missed a FG earlier).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think as an offense with this big of a lead, you want to keep the clock running. Though, I would like to hear that Manke is throwing a few balls. Lets see what he's got.

Ferris finally puts in their other QB.  I expected to see him a while ago since they have both played this year anyways. 

Did I hear right?  Is the other guy injured.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Starter (Kahl?) left after getting injured on a sack. They've had two others in since then.

Can somebody tell me what's up with Adam Roland and his reduced carries this week.  This may have been talked about but I missed it??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He banged his knee up last weekend at SCSU and the decision was made to use him sparingly in the FSI game.

Congrats to your team. GVSU will be a little more difficult I think, but your team appears to be much better than the Lakers after what I saw yesterday. Here was my take on the game. The GLIAC will be fortunate to get two teams in the playoffs after SVSU lost to Mercyhurt.

"It all started with the coin toss. Ferris deferred and UND took the ball down the field and shoved it down our keesters. Initially Ferris looked good on defense but UND kept converting 3rd down and long the entire 1st drive mostly on passes and took it in to score. Thier QB looked very good which surprised me from what I had heard on the Sioux chat room from thier own fans. On Ferris' first drive they looked good and drove the field into UND territory and turned it over on a fumble (deja vu GVSU game). From there it continued to spiral downhill the entire game. After getting the lead UND forced Ferris to pass with 9 in the box and they could

never get anything consistent going the entire game. Later in the game Kaul

got hurt, in came Marsan and he was ineffective. UND was the much better

team this game. Comparing them to GVSU, UND should win if they played. With

SVSU losing to Mercyhurst it appears the GLIAC is now a weaker conference

except for maybe GVSU. Maybe it was a bad game for Ferris? I can't see how

UND had close games the two weeks before the way they played yesterday.

Maybe homefield means a lot more than I think? Pierce shouldn't have said so

much in the Grand Forks news paper to give the Sioux so much locker room

material. I am sure that didn't help? It appeared they tried to run up the

score with the exception of the final drive after Ferris punted with under 2

minutes left in game, unlike NDSU in 1999 who kicked a FG with 10 seconds

left in the game. Ferris was throughly whipped this game plain and simple."

Obviously a great performance yesterday by the Sioux. What strikes me is how much better the defense is now than it was at this juncture last season. At this point in 2003, the defense has already allowed more than 21 points in four games. That's why even with an inconsistent (to this point) offense, UND may be an even more dangerous team than in 2003. The offense clearly has the ability to put points on the board, and if it can score more than 21, the Sioux should not lose again, at least in the regular season.

Dressler is the one of the most exciting players I've seen at UND, even as a true freshman! I don't believe there's ever been a ND-born kid with his kind of speed and quickness. As he puts on a little weight, I'm looking forward to seeing him a little more in the backfield. Also, he showed he can take a hit as he went over the middle a couple of times and was drilled by a linebacker but popped up each time.

Bulldog,

I must commend you on coming back to this board with all the smack you were laying down. However, I don't believe that UND ran up the score. The entire fourth quarter was just us running the ball. I do believe your 2nd team D was in on our last TD. Was our 2nd team O-line in on that drive? I didn't catch if they were or not.

Let's not forget that we were without our #1 running back either.

Was the crowd loud? I didn't think that I really heard any false start penalties being called.

The student section was already starting to leave by the end of the first quarter. By the end of the third quarter the student section was completely gone. By the end of the game the only people still in the stands was the band. The place was kinda quiet compared to what it has been in some games.

By the end of the third quarter the student section was completely gone. By the end of the game the only people still in the stands was the band.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was sitting directly behind the student section in the second half. While it's true that most students had left by the end of the third quarter, there were quite a few die-hard Sioux Crew members in their green T-shirts present until game's end.