SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Ferris State

jimdahl

I was sitting directly behind the student section in the second half. While it's true that most students had left by the end of the third quarter, there were quite a few die-hard Sioux Crew members in their green T-shirts present until game's end.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How people can leave is beyond me. What better time to taunt players then when they are totally demoralized? At the beginning of the game when they think they can actually win, they'll laugh at you. At the end of the game, when they've gotten their butts handed to them for three quarters, they'll be mad and they'll yell and swear at you. The 4th quarter is the best time. :angry:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How people can leave is beyond me. What better time to taunt players then when they are totally demoralized? At the beginning of the game when they think they can actually win, they'll laugh at you. At the end of the game, when they've gotten their butts handed to them for three quarters, they'll be mad and they'll yell and swear at you. The 4th quarter is the best time. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Digger you sound like such a nice fellow.

Oh I am. I'm a regular ray of sunshine and loved by one and all. Your tobacco chewing water boy seemed to find me entertaining.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehehe.... Man Diggler, you would have about creamed in your pants to have been at the FSU-GVSU game. The Ferris student section, Da Dawg Pound, had pretty much left and all of us GVSU students took it over. The rest of the second half of the game was then a "home" game for us, even though it was played up the road in Big Rapids. That my friend was pretty cool. Then again, our friend Bulldog here might not have thought it funny. :angry::(:)

hehehe.... Man Diggler, you would have about creamed in your pants to have been at the FSU-GVSU game. The Ferris student section, Da Dawg Pound, had pretty much left and all of us GVSU students took it over. The rest of the second half of the game was then a "home" game for us, even though it was played up the road in Big Rapids. That my friend was pretty cool. Then again, our friend Bulldog here might not have thought it funny. :angry::(:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean... I left at the half too. IALMAO! :)

What do you mean... I left at the half too. IALMAO! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congratulations North Dakota football. What a great football weekend--my Scarlet Knights came back from a 27-3 deficit to Vanderbilt in Tennessee and won 37-34! GO RUTGERS!!! GO NORTH DAKOTA!!!

I was sitting directly behind the student section in the second half. While it's true that most students had left by the end of the third quarter, there were quite a few die-hard Sioux Crew members in their green T-shirts present until game's end.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PCM,

So were you the guy who yelled "Gotta have more cowbell." at the band towards the end of the game?

Apparently someone in the band did have a cowbel, and it wasn't for a song either.

No surprize there.

Oh Bulldog, how are you enjoying your self-imposed exile from D2fooball.com???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ACTUALLY I REALLY MISS IT :angry: That's why I am here or MLIVE. LOL. And there is always the GVSU web site. The Gorilla will post my top 25 for me. I had to send him a Ferris hat for his trouble. :)

"Bulldog. Didn't think you would show yourself again on here. Don't you feel a little bit like an idiot?"

Actually I do. I am seriously considering jumping on your band wagon if you don't mind. I could help you with invaluable insight that would be helpful in trying to defeat GVSU? :angry:

Compare this and you will see GVSU is in a heap of trouble.

Box Score (Final)

Grand Valley State vs Ferris State (Aug 28, 2004 at Big Rapids, Mich.)

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

Grand Valley State.. 14 7 3 0 - 24 Record: (1-0,1-0)

Ferris State........ 0 0 0 6 - 6 Record: (0-1,0-1)

Scoring Summary:

1st 06:37 GV - Ryan Hukill 6 yd run (Scott Greene kick), 10-82 4:28, GV 7 - FS 0

01:50 GV - Demonte Collins 33 yd pass from C. Finnerty (Scott Greene kick), 6-54 2:33, GV 14 - FS 0

2nd 08:01 GV - C. Finnerty 1 yd run (Scott Greene kick), 16-91 7:10, GV 21 - FS 0

3rd 00:24 GV - Scott Greene 37 yd field goal, 4-7 1:42, GV 24 - FS 0

4th 10:24 FS - CarltonBrewster 10 yd pass from Tom Marsan (Tom Marsan pass failed), 10-68 4:53, GV 24 - FS 6

GV FS

FIRST DOWNS................... 19 20

RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 53-181 28-74

PASSING YDS (NET)............. 164 206

Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 23-17-0 38-18-4

TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 76-345 66-280

It was the first game of both teams seasons. Granted has Ferris not but the ball on the turf 6 or 7 times they may have stole one. UND didn't look good in the second half vs. Delta either and Delta has shown many weeknesses. I don't think I want to put all my hopes on the result of Grand Valley's first game.

This is just for you, Bulldog. I know you're on self imposed probation from the D2 board, so I'll post what I wrote on the game here also so that you can read it:

I knew the FSU-UND game was over after Ferris' first possession. Why? Because you're not going to line up in the I formation all game long against UND's defense and run the ball well enough to stay in the game. I think the last time that strategy worked against the Sioux was 1989. :angry: Ferris isn't a bad team, but I can now see why they are never competitive with the other teams with great defenses like Grand Valley.

I was actually fairly impressed with the Bulldog defense. They had pretty good speed overall and Kevin Myers is one heck of a linebacker. But the offense and special teams continually put them in bad positions and they spent most of the game on the field.

It still remains to be seen how the Bulldogs compare to most of the other top teams in the GLIAC, but as a point of reference- I think FSU would be a .500 or slightly below team this year in the NCC.

This is just for you, Bulldog. I know you're on self imposed probation from the D2 board, so I'll post what I wrote on the game here also so that you can read it:

I knew the FSU-UND game was over after Ferris' first possession. Why? Because you're not going to line up in the I formation all game long against UND's defense and run the ball well enough to stay in the game. I think the last time that strategy worked against the Sioux was 1989. :angry: Ferris isn't a bad team, but I can now see why they are never competitive with the other teams with great defenses like Grand Valley.

I was actually fairly impressed with the Bulldog defense. They had pretty good speed overall and Kevin Myers is one heck of a linebacker. But the offense and special teams continually put them in bad positions and they spent most of the game on the field.

It still remains to be seen how the Bulldogs compare to most of the other top teams in the GLIAC, but as a point of reference- I think FSU would be a .500 or slightly below team this year in the NCC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks RD17. I still get over there to read the posts though. My deal was not to post if UND won. Ferris could have had a bad game to boot. They should have taken the ball to open the game. Once they got behind the whole complexion of the game changed. You have to admit your QB played very well in that game converting 3rd and 4th downs on initial drive. I also expected our QB to roll out and scramble more and try to find Brewster on the slant. Once he gets the ball anything can happen. Ferris still has a shot to place second in the GLIAC if they win out. I don't think GVSU will lose in regualr season.

Is this true? Posted on MLIVE.

"Ferris will get right back on the plane next year and play at North Dakota again....it's a 2-year contract with both games up there."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sincerely hope for the Bulldogs' sake this isn't true. Ferris is graduating most of its defense and UND will have an even better team next year (maybe the best in school history). That could really be an ugly game. :angry:

I sincerely hope for the Bulldogs' sake this isn't true. Ferris is graduating most of its defense and UND will have an even better team next year (maybe the best in school history). That could really be an ugly game. :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is true. During the pregame on the radio on Sat, the Ferris coach was interviewed, and he said that it is a 2 year deal and they will be back in GF next year. He said it had everything to do with the old "if you want to be the best you have to beat the best."

I suspect the real reason Ferris agreed to come to GF twice was due to the $100,000 they'll be getting (or whatever the exact combined amount they get for the two games is). With UND already apparently going to Winona next year, and possibly Central Washington, there was no way UND would have scheduled three road non-conference games in one year.