SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FB YouTube Videos of Games/Highlights

#22 Illinois State vs #5 North Dakota State Highlights | 2021 Spring College Football Highlights - YouTube

Didn't get to see much of this game but watched the highlights here. If ISU had even a little better QB play they would have won this game easily. That guy just turns the ball over way to much and at the worst times. 

As for the QB play for SU. I really hope Zeb starts this weekend. Even tho that's not going to happen.

• 1 month later...

What is the issue about Schuster’s arm strength?

TD #1 to Maag, Schuster releases the ball from the UND 42 yard line and Maag pulls it down at the 20. Slightly over his head, so if he slowed down, maybe he didn’t need to

TD #2 to Belquist. Schuster again releases the ball at the UND 42 yard line and hits Belquist at the 8. It appears in this video that he was in stride and it nearly hit him ‘in the breadbasket’. 

It really seems that complaints about Schuster’s arm strength may be a result of the type of plays UND is running.

17 minutes ago, zonadub said:

What is the issue about Schuster’s arm strength?

TD #1 to Maag, Schuster releases the ball from the UND 42 yard line and Maag pulls it down at the 20. Slightly over his head, so if he slowed down, maybe he didn’t need to

TD #2 to Belquist. Schuster again releases the ball at the UND 42 yard line and hits Belquist at the 8. It appears in this video that he was in stride and it nearly hit him ‘in the breadbasket’. 

It really seems that complaints about Schuster’s arm strength may be a result of the type of plays UND is running.

Why do you think most throws are less than 20 yards horizontally and vertically?  I know I am beating a dead horse, any throw further than that is a double move or a gadget play.  It is what it is, but its pretty obvious when actually at the games.  Hope Danny has a few more tricks up the sleeve.

22 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Why do you think most throws are less than 20 yards horizontally and vertically?  I know I am beating a dead horse, any throw further than that is a double move or a gadget play.  It is what it is, but its pretty obvious when actually at the games.  Hope Danny has a few more tricks up the sleeve.

That is what the called plays ask for... most of Aaron Rodgers throws feel like that too, imho.

Double move and gadget plays might be what is necessary to get the receivers into space.

21 minutes ago, zonadub said:

That is what the called plays ask for... most of Aaron Rodgers throws feel like that too, imho.

Double move and gadget plays might be what is necessary to get the receivers into space.

Or a scramble by the QB to free up some receivers. Tommy needs to work on tucking it and running or escaping the pocket to make a play down the field. NDSU made us beat them with the passing game and we were not ready . Let’s hope the QB and the WR are ready to carry the load on Sunday if needed.

• 3 months later...