SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Is there any way to tell which jerseys were recycled or which were made available to the public? Did they have any rhyme or reason as to how they made those decisions? Also, how do you know when a jersey was used for multiple years instead of just one year?

I doubt that there were very many recycled jerseys since the dawn of the Nike era at UND. That's not to say there haven't been recycled jerseys, because there have been. They're predominantly goalies and a few of the bench guys that see very, very little playing time. I doubt you'll ever see another recycled jersey so long as the market craves 'em like they do. There's a good example on my site under Ryan's collection. His #34 JP Lamoureux jersey was previously worn by Nate Ziegelmann (who wore #33).

How did we know? A couple reasons. And, this is where it becomes tricky. You have to find the proof on the jersey that it was worn by someone else. In his example, you can see the old stitch marks from where the 3 was replaced by the 4. Also, you can see old stitch marks from where the Ziegelmann nameplate was. You either have to conclusively photo-match the jersey to prove it was worn by multiple players, or have evidence that you find by owning or seeing it up close and in person.

How about jerseys worn multiple years, Big? When did UND starting getting new jerseys every year? I remember seeing one on your site that says it was used all four years. Just wondering how you know that?

I believe you are referring to Dirty's 2003-2007 Scott Foyt jersey. The letter styling on it is from the 2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons, but I believe was sold as a 2006-07 jersey when made available for auction. You can deduce that it was Scott's only green jersey for all four years, especially since he didn't play much.

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Hey Big, if you had to make jerseys for the 2013-14 season what would you make them look like? Anything would be better the ones we have now. They look to cheap and ugly.

not sure what all the stuff on top of my post is........

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Hey Big, if you had to make jerseys for the 2013-14 season what would you make them look like? Anything would be better the ones we have now. They look to cheap and ugly.

Looks like you have some issues there DLap2. Can't say I've seen that before.

The current jersey set has grown on me a little, though could use some tweaks. I haven't done much in the way of concepts, other than a quick mock-up of what some others like to see. I really think we need to find a definitive wordmark to display. Schools like Maine, Notre Dame, Denver, and Boston College all I have wordmark identities that look great. You could literally spell whatever you want on the jersey, but if you use the same style font or design as any of those wordmarks, you're going to say "Hey, that looks like Maine (or whatever team). I don't mind a standard block style font, but there really isn't any sort of identity with it either.

I think a revised version of the script wordmark from our 1950s greens might be a place to start. The women sort of did this on their Gemini jerseys, but the font still looks a little too 'structured' and generic for my tastes as well.

This summer I'll maybe start a Concept page and start picking out ideas to start creating a new brand for our hockey team...just for fun. With a new nickname coming in a couple years, things are going to change pretty quickly again. We're a lot closer to new nickname/logos than what people are realizing. Also, I see virtually no chance at any changes being made for this upcoming year.

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Thanks Big! Can't wait to see the mock-ups this summer!

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y