SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

• 3 months later...

I just purchased a very cool TOEWS St. Patrick's Day green jersey on ebay from a seller named 'trustworthy'. It arrived in 6 days and is awesome!

It looks similar to the old Blackhawk UND jerseys, is made by Reebok, and has a fight strap. I am very happy, especially for $39.99 plus shipping. See below:

CHI19GN_01.jpg

CHI19GN_02.jpg

Link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s%3DI%26otn%3D1

I just purchased a very cool TOEWS St. Patrick's Day green jersey on ebay from a seller named 'trustworthy'. It arrived in 6 days and is awesome!

It looks similar to the old Blackhawk UND jerseys, is made by Reebok, and has a fight strap. I am very happy, especially for $39.99 plus shipping. See below:

CHI19GN_01.jpg

CHI19GN_02.jpg

Link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s%3DI%26otn%3D1

Not to burst your bubble, but that jersey is more fake than Michael Jackson's nose.

Yeah nice jersey, but i wouldnt touch jerseys from Hong Kong for less than $30 total. That shoulder "C" looks really skinny. But still neat jersey to own, nice find.

Yeah, there are a few things just from a quick glance that you can tell are off:

-Number font is wrong

-Name is off-center with the numbers

-Should C-patch is not accurate

-Jersey was never produced by RBK

-Materials and striping look a bit off as well

Then, throw in the fact it's only $39 and from Asia, and it's not even a question really. I'd recommend taking it down. Last night, I actually was watching something on like MSNBC or CNN on how counterfeit products affect our economy to the tune of about 750,000 jobs and billions of dollars lost. Hence, the reason I think the jersey should be taken down from the site.

Yeah, there are a few things just from a quick glance that you can tell are off:

-Number font is wrong

-Name is off-center with the numbers

-Should C-patch is not accurate

-Jersey was never produced by RBK

-Materials and striping look a bit off as well

Then, throw in the fact it's only $39 and from Asia, and it's not even a question really. I'd recommend taking it down. Last night, I actually was watching something on like MSNBC or CNN on how counterfeit products affect our economy to the tune of about 750,000 jobs and billions of dollars lost. Hence, the reason I think the jersey should be taken down from the site.

As a clarifier, I am not selling this jersey nor do I believe it to be authentic. I am simply stating that it is a nice jersey that I think is worth the price I paid. I do not think every jersey I own should cost over $200 like the authentic Reebok Edge jerseys, nor should they cost $95 like the Nike Swift replicas which in my opinion are of less quality than this Asian jersey.

As a side note, nothing is more fake than Michael Jackson's nose

As a clarifier, I am not selling this jersey nor do I believe it to be authentic. I am simply stating that it is a nice jersey that I think is worth the price I paid. I do not think every jersey I own should cost over $200 like the authentic Reebok Edge jerseys, nor should they cost $95 like the Nike Swift replicas which in my opinion are of less quality than this Asian jersey.

As a side note, nothing is more fake than Michael Jackson's nose

Right, but I don't think it's right to advertise something that isn't even legal on the website.

What is Brasco "advertising"? He bought a jersey he liked on Ebay. No harm in that.

He's advertising and promoting a jersey that is an illegal counterfeit (an inaccurate one at that). If he wants to buy the jersey and wear it, fine. I don't condone it, but if he wants to do that's fine. These jerseys (among the many other counterfeit products out there) are problems for the economy and sometimes can easily fool an uneducated person that may think they are authentic. The problem I have with it is advertising it on this website primarily because it's illegal for the product to be sold.

If he wasn't advertising it, he wouldn't have put it on this website, with the sellers name, and a link to the auction (where the seller has many other counterfeit jerseys listed as well).

He's advertising and promoting a jersey that is an illegal counterfeit (an inaccurate one at that). If he wants to buy the jersey and wear it, fine. I don't condone it, but if he wants to do that's fine. These jerseys (among the many other counterfeit products out there) are problems for the economy and sometimes can easily fool an uneducated person that may think they are authentic. The problem I have with it is advertising it on this website primarily because it's illegal for the product to be sold.

If he wasn't advertising it, he wouldn't have put it on this website, with the sellers name, and a link to the auction (where the seller has many other counterfeit jerseys listed as well).

Holy Cow you should go to the Middle East, when I was in Daharan Saudi I think they just disregarded copy rights and there was a lot of conterfeit everything. I bought a look a like Rollex down at the local market that ended up turning my arm green and quite working after two weeks. ???

Holy Cow you should go to the Middle East, when I was in Daharan Saudi I think they just disregarded copy rights and there was a lot of conterfeit everything. I bought a look a like Rollex down at the local market that ended up turning my arm green and quite working after two weeks. ???

yeah, the middle east is filled with 3rd world countries that don't have economies to rely on for jobs and a normal source of income (minus countries like the UAE, but they are few and far between). Whether or not it happens, it's still an illegal practice, and supporting that practice isn't right IMO.

yeah, the middle east is filled with 3rd world countries that don't have economies to rely on for jobs and a normal source of income (minus countries like the UAE, but they are few and far between). Whether or not it happens, it's still an illegal practice, and supporting that practice isn't right IMO.

Just for the record I agree with you.

I'm sorry to have offended you. My intent wasn't malicious. I simply enjoyed the jersey I purchased.

I do not feel that I am advertising as I have nothing to gain by my above post. I will not get a kick-back, money, or any other type of value. In the future I will not post a link to any thing on E-bay unless I am the one selling the item.

However, I don't feel responsible for the downfall of the American economy because I chose to purchase a jersey posted on a legal site. I happen to be a big Sioux and Toews fan. I am also a student who can not afford to throw $200 at a jersey right now. Of course, if money was no object I would purchase an authentic jersey over any other type of jersey.

I understand that counterfeiting is probably a large problem for this country but I think an argument could also be made that companies like Reebok, Nike, or any other large brand that mark up the value of products to 5 times or more of their actual cost of production may also be to blame. There is no way that the authentic Reebok Edge Jonathan Toews jerseys (on shop.nhl.com) cost anywhere close to $379.99. If I had to guess, I would be surprised if those jerseys even cost $50 to make. If their jerseys were priced at only 2 or 3 times cost people would buy more products and would also make counterfeiting less profitable. More products sold would equal more jobs. Also, Reebok has shut down five hockey production plants in Canada and outsourced production to, you guessed it, China making their mark-up even more unbelievable.

I'm sorry to have offended you. My intent wasn't malicious. I simply enjoyed the jersey I purchased.

I do not feel that I am advertising as I have nothing to gain by my above post. I will not get a kick-back, money, or any other type of value. In the future I will not post a link to any thing on E-bay unless I am the one selling the item.

However, I don't feel responsible for the downfall of the American economy because I chose to purchase a jersey posted on a legal site. I happen to be a big Sioux and Toews fan. I am also a student who can not afford to throw $200 at a jersey right now. Of course, if money was no object I would purchase an authentic jersey over any other type of jersey.

I understand that counterfeiting is probably a large problem for this country but I think an argument could also be made that companies like Reebok, Nike, or any other large brand that mark up the value of products to 5 times or more of their actual cost of production may also be to blame. There is no way that the authentic Reebok Edge Jonathan Toews jerseys (on shop.nhl.com) cost anywhere close to $379.99. If I had to guess, I would be surprised if those jerseys even cost $50 to make. If their jerseys were priced at only 2 or 3 times cost people would buy more products and would also make counterfeiting less profitable. More products sold would equal more jobs. Also, Reebok has shut down five hockey production plants in Canada and outsourced production to, you guessed it, China making their mark-up even more unbelievable.

If you posted a picture and said "Hey, check out this jersey I got" it's one thing. But to include the seller and ebay link, I consider that advertising. It doesn't matter if you benefit from it or not.

I understand that jerseys are expensive. But, they are expensive, and that's the jersey market. It doesn't make buying a fake jersey better. Jerseys are priced that way so not everyone has 'em. It might be an elitest way of looking at things, but that's the way life is.

Also, I don't think that counterfeit problems are the reason the economy is bad, but it sure doesn't help. If it's been calculated that 750,000 jobs are lost because of counterfeit products, and billions of dollars lost (all going to people scamming honest people), I don't agree with it. There isn't a way to justify it. I used to collect a particular product in which fakes were a big problem. There were actually links to terrorist groups in which the money went. This is an extreme case, but the problem is real.

I've got to back Brasco on this one. I don't believe he was advertising. He simply posted a link to the ebay auction so everybody could see the jersey he purchased. I would have probably done the same thing if I wanted to share that information with Sioux fans.

He posted pictures, and a link, and the seller.......whatever. Y'all can buy your fake jerseys. I'll save my money and buy real ones.

He posted pictures, and a link, and the seller.......whatever. Y'all can buy your fake jerseys. I'll save my money and buy real ones.

Didn't know you were the fake jersey police. I hope you're going back through all of these threads that mention anything about collector items such as jerseys, pictures, bobbleheads, etc. and you'll point out to us what is fake and what isn't.

Are the jerseys that AZSioux makes and sells (not to pick on AZSioux, as I have some of his merchandise ??? ) authentic? Since they are not produced by the school, or the team, or anyone affiliated with the team, I would say no. So? They're still cool and I'm glad I have one. Guess that's up to me.

Guess what... I clicked on the link Brasco provided and didn't buy anything. Until you said he was "advertising", I didn't even think about that. Just wanted to check out the link about the jersey had had purchased. I don't see the point of reading more into it than that.

Didn't know you were the fake jersey police. I hope you're going back through all of these threads that mention anything about collector items such as jerseys, pictures, bobbleheads, etc. and you'll point out to us what is fake and what isn't.

Are the jerseys that AZSioux makes and sells (not to pick on AZSioux, as I have some of his merchandise ??? ) authentic? Since they are not produced by the school, or the team, or anyone affiliated with the team, I would say no. So? They're still cool and I'm glad I have one. Guess that's up to me.

Guess what... I clicked on the link Brasco provided and didn't buy anything. Until you said he was "advertising", I didn't even think about that. Just wanted to check out the link about the jersey had had purchased. I don't see the point of reading more into it than that.

AZSioux's stuff isn't counterfeit because there is no official product available that he makes on the market, and hasn't been for many many years. They aren't authentic, but not counterfeit either. There is no copyright within the jerseys themselves that he makes. He isn't branding his stuff CCM, Nike, Reebok, etc, illegally when he's not that entity, like the maker of the jersey posted as well. I knew that question would come up, but it's not even remotely the same.

I haven't seen any other fake/counterfeit products posted on the site, until now, thankfully. But, if I did, I'd call it out just like this. It's surprising that people actually are supporting the counterfeit products.

I'm not a fan of the fake/counterfeit products either. The prices are tempting but I'd rather support Home of Economy, Schields, or the REA gift shop.

Here is some FYI on some counterfeit products. Just want to pass along this personal story.

This summer I'll be making my fourth trip to China. While I was there the first time I was approached by many people selling unofficial items for the Olympics. I asked some of my Chinese friends about this and they said DO NOT buy these things. I was then told about how terrible work conditions for these children are that make these items. (Much worse than the regular factories.) The locals don't even want to buy these things.

On my third trip to China I was visiting with someone at a "home church" that the government tried to close down. I met a man that had been arrested for starting the church and was sent to prison for several years. He told me that there were many persecuted Christians in these prisons making a lot of cheap fake items that are sold. Listening to him describe working 20 hours a day sometimes to meet a quota was enough for me to tell others not to buy these things.

My wife and I are going again this summer to spend a month as missionaries in China up near the Russian border. I just found out that hockey is gaining popularity up there in that region so I'm excited about using my love for hockey and the Lord to talk with more people. Hockey in China