SiouxSports.com Forum

What the NCHC does it BIG takes UND & UMD

SiouxVolley

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

The almost immediately Grab Mankato and Bowling Green.

Small chance that they substitute St Thomas for the MSP market.

Doubt the whole premise falls into place.

What the H.E. Double hockey sticks are you talking about?

• Upvote 3

This is all hypothetical as I doubt UND will go BG10 and I don’t think the arrogant BG10 would want to invite UND. However should they go, again hypothetically speaking, I see UND and DU being the best two options for BG10 from a purely hockey standpoint. I could also see UMD for more of the MN market but DU would be a far better choice in my opinion.  

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The almost immediately Grab Mankato and Bowling Green.

Small chance that they substitute St Thomas for the MSP market.

Doubt the whole premise falls into place.

Why would BG go now when they weren't interested the last time around?

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This x 1000!

We are in the SEC of College Hockey right now. Why would we leave to join a conference where hockey is third on campus and sometimes lower?

We are but Big 10 potentially offers log term benefits and name recognition to other sports. However the devil is in the details. Hockey wise, UND would almost certainly lose money in the near term, so what does UND gain as a whole by switching? 

I don't think it will happen but time will certainly tell. 

23 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

We are but Big 10 potentially offers log term benefits and name recognition to other sports. However the devil is in the details. Hockey wise, UND would almost certainly lose money in the near term, so what does UND gain as a whole by switching? 

I don't think it will happen but time will certainly tell. 

UND would get the same deal as Notre Dame, as ND has to sell the B1G home games and doesn't make anything direct from the league.  But with a new president, any thing is possible.

"It's all about the money" has been proven true time and time again.  But I also think academics would be an issue BIG schools would feel they have to get around.  I have absolutely no complaints about my education at UND, but there is a difference.