SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

You can play in the great 8 if you have committed to college. From the great 8 they pick a team to play in the Chicgo Showcase. That team is made up of players that have NOT committed to any college. They want one more chance to showcase those players.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for the ND team, but it wasn't on the HS page - thanks for the link. No offense to the kids that made the team, but this has to be the weekest group of kids ND has had in years. They should be ok at D - but no offense. I'm surprised that Stadstad kid isn't on the team - he was very impressive on the elite team. He must not have tried out. I'm also somewhat suprised Lueke from South isn't on the team. Hopefully they don't get sent down to the B bracket :lol:

Next years senior class looks much much better.

Stadstad did quit during tryouts.

I agree Team ND is looking weaker this year, but they are still the top players in the state.

They would have to play horrible to move down to the B pool.

I think they will play hard and give another respectable showing for North Dakota.

I was looking for the ND team, but it wasn't on the HS page - thanks for the link. No offense to the kids that made the team, but this has to be the weekest group of kids ND has had in years. They should be ok at D - but no offense. I'm surprised that Stadstad kid isn't on the team - he was very impressive on the elite team. He must not have tried out. I'm also somewhat suprised Lueke from South isn't on the team. Hopefully they don't get sent down to the B bracket :lol:

Next years senior class looks much much better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last weekend the North Dakota Select 87/88s played Team North Dakota in Jamestown. The 87/88s first played the Select 89 team and beat them 7-3 earlier in the day. At the 5 PM game a fresh Team North Dakota trailed the 87/88s 2-1 with about 5 minutes left in the game. The seniors did pull it out over the junior/sophomore group 3-2 with two late goals. If this junior class comes out in force for the Team North Dakota tryouts next year it could be one of the strongest groups in years. Most people felt that the best defenseman on the ice was junior Erik Galt who scored two goals for the 87/88s and played a strong defensive game as well. Team ND also had 4 lines to 3 for the 87/88s.

2005 Dakota Selects 87/88

Jersey Name Position City Birthdate

1 Deichart, Sean G Fargo / 58104 88/09/07

2 Anderson, Trevor D West Fargo / 58078 88/05/25

3 Graalum, Kristopher D Fargo / 58104 88/04/10

4 Connel, Justin RW Bismarck / 58501 88/01/11

6 Benke, Brad LW Grand Forks / 58201 87/06/19

7 Monson, Ross RW Bismarck / 58503 88/05/01

8 Galt Erick D Fargo / 58103 87/09/08

9 Weisgarber, Paul C Fargo / 58103 88/04/18

10 Borlaug, Jared D Hazen / 58545 87/01/06

13 Stremick, Nathan C Minot / 58701 88/07/12

15 Klenow, Nick RW Fargo / 58102 88/01/10

16 Willert, Jordan C Minot / 58701 87/11/06

17 Dittus, Andy LW Minot / 58703 87/11/04

18 Mihulka, Marc LW Grand Forks / 58201 87/08/12

19 Dingeman, Clark D Bismarck / 58503 88/03/26

20 Welding, Zach RW Jamestown / 58401 88/11/14

30 Shane, Kelvin G Grand Forks / 58203 87/04/21

31 Hillman, Michel G Bismarck / 58504 88/06/08

Edited by ND Pride

That's precisely what I was thinking. (the depth part, not the egging).

WHY would they post their addresses? Can't they get sued for doing that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The addresses were on the North Dakota Select website as part of the roster. Did not give it a thought at the time I cut and pasted. I deleted them from this post - thanks for mentioning it. You can still wish them happy birthday you just won't have an address to send the card.

No GPR players on the team. that is strang.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Andy Petersen would have tried out had it not been for his shoulder surgery. He was on the team every year and was selected for the USA Hockey National Festival each year. Only one Grafton/PR kid tried out and that was a goalie. The Campbells were not there but both would have clearly been on the team.

Kringsted is the goalie that tried. I thought he was really good last year. Surprising he didn't make the team. I noticed the Cambell's are on the Elite Teams. Paul Cambell is really good with the puck and unselfish. I think if he was bigger you would be a shoe in for a Junior A Team. His Cousin isn't to shabby either. what you think? ND Pride

Last weekend the North Dakota Select 87/88s played Team North Dakota in Jamestown. The 87/88s first played the Select 89 team and beat them 7-3 earlier in the day. At the 5 PM game a fresh Team North Dakota trailed the 87/88s 2-1 with about 5 minutes left in the game. The seniors did pull it out over the junior/sophomore group 3-2 with two late goals. If this junior class comes out in force for the Team North Dakota tryouts next year it could be one of the strongest groups in years. Most people felt that the best defenseman on the ice was junior Erik Galt who scored two goals for the 87/88s and played a strong defensive game as well. Team ND also had 4 lines to 3 for the 87/88s.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought Team ND was easily better than the 87/88, the dominated the play for the most part, but couldn't score. This is of course expected because they are seniors. 87/88 had two power play goals. Next year Team ND will be good, but it's not like this years team is anything short of average.

Kringsted is the goalie that tried. I thought he was really good last year. Surprising he didn't make the team. I noticed the Cambell's are on the Elite Teams. Paul Cambell is really good with the puck and unselfish. I think if he was bigger you would be a shoe in for a Junior A Team. His Cousin isn't to shabby either. what you think? ND Pride

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think a kid named Sand was the goalie that tried out. Hard to follow as a lot of kids did not pre-register and showed up the first day of tryouts. The Campbell's played on the Elite II (Thomas) and Elite I (Paul) last fall. They are outstanding players. When that line (with Ostenrude) was "clicking" they were one of the best in the state (maybe even the best at times). I think either Campbell could find a junior "A" team to settle in with if they hit the tryout camps - NAHL probably. They are smallish but there are a lot of forwards in the 5'7" to 5'9" range that are very successful. They are very smart hockey players and know the game. I have great respect for both of them.

I thought Team ND was easily better than the 87/88, the dominated the play for the most part, but couldn't score. This is of course expected because they are seniors. 87/88 had two power play goals. Next year Team ND will be good, but it's not like this years team is anything short of average.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kozek's Eagles won their series 4 games to 3 last night, and now move on to face Watkin's Vipers in the BCHL Fred Page Cup finals. Kozek has moved to #5 in post season scoring with 15 points (16 games), while Watkins is well down the list with 6 points (9 games). Duncan still sits as #2 although his post season has ended with 11 games (21 points).