SiouxSports.com Forum

What’s wrong with youth hockey

Vegas_Sioux

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Minny and NoDak still the anomaly on age requirements for hockey.  Rest of the world runs strict birth year.  

I totally get why- to keep kids playing with their schoolmates.

ND just modified it this year to match MN

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Do you take Visa? :lol:

I'm just waiting for one of those 30,000 a year operations to tell me that my ten year old has what it takes to be in their club.  His bags are packed for that day.     

Couple emails a week for 3 years now.

I'll gladly forward your info to them, i believe I'd get a finders fee for sending them another sucker... i mean ...... unbelievable talented generation oddity that absolutely will languish away in ND unless you pony up and get him/her on the team.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, siouxweet said:

Both AA hovered around. 500 with most of their success coming against one another.   Both spent most of their season getting beat up by WF and Fargo if you want to call that a successful season. 

Im not in GF or the program there, but to measure success at the PW level in W/Ls is a fools paradise.

.500ish is great  means there is competative competition, kids win some kids lose some, its important to learn how to do both.

AA PW is going to be a detriment to the majority of the youth programs and more importanly the high school teams after.

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Im not in GF or the program there, but to measure success at the PW level in W/Ls is a fools paradise.

.500ish is great  means there is competative competition, kids win some kids lose some, its important to learn how to do both.

AA PW is going to be a detriment to the majority of the youth programs and more importanly the high school teams after.

If this AA pee wee thing and AA bantam thing is going to stick (it will), then two tiered high school hockey has to happen.  It just does.  Dickinson/Williston/Grafton having their kids play at a lower level from Pee Wees on up is killer for the high school teams, yet in a lot of cases is necessary to keep the kids in the hockey program away from a wrestling mat or an orange bouncy ball.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2