SiouxSports.com Forum

SCSU @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sure did. I recall 4 board scrums where the were pinning the puck with out any real effort to move it in the third period, alone. Significant amounts of time. They were trying to hold on for a tie and I'm SO glad we bit them for it.

I was pissing off the SCSU fan to my right by saying I never thought I'd see SCSU playing like Anchorage but it was true :lol: They looked like they were trying to kill a penalty for the last 5 minutes of the 3 period!

• Upvote 2

On 11/24/2019 at 9:10 AM, ksixpack said:

Spot on.  Coaches love shut down defensive tight checking games with very few mistakes.  Fans not so much and often confuse these type of games as poor play when in actuality it is good defensive play without mistakes.

I watched the entire game, wasn't pretty.  I never took notes or anything...but that 5x3 sequence was dreadful.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Frisch almost gift wrapped them a goal with a turnover at the dot. 

The freshman got away with one. (Hope he thanked Scheel.) If he's what I think he is that'll not happen in the future. 

To my eye, it wasn't a great weekend for 3, 6, and 24.
Each of them made more than one tape-to-wrong-tape pass in our own zone, or some bad puck movement decisions, on the weekend. 

If I was giving out grades for the weekend based on level of expectation (meaning we expect more from seniors than freshmen, more from top pair than third pair):

4 - exceeded
15, 20 - met
3, 6, 24 - did not fully meet

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

The freshman got away with one. (Hope he thanked Scheel.) If he's what I think he is that'll not happen in the future. 

To my eye, it wasn't a great weekend for 3, 6, and 24.
Each of them made more than one tape-to-wrong-tape pass in our own zone, or some bad puck movement decisions, on the weekend. 

If I was giving out grades for the weekend based on level of expectation (meaning we expect more from seniors than freshmen, more from top pair than third pair):

4 - exceeded
15, 20 - met
3, 6, 24 - did not fully meet

No way Poolman can be close to 100% physically. He just didn't look right skating.