SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2002/03 Updates

jk

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a post from another board regarding the Shattuck team at the MAC tourney. Go Drew!:

"Crosby had 3 assists tonite as the Shattuck St. Mary Sabres beat the Calgary Royals 7-5 in the feature game of the night at the Mac's. Shattuck forward Drew Stafford, who has signed to play with North Dakota next year, was named player of the game for the Sabres with 2g and 1a."

D. Hale, Schneider, Greene, Jones, Marvin, Fuher, Dahlen & Smaby = 8. If David decides he is ready to play in the NHL, we're left with 7.

That would be a "pretty good" 7. With Hale, we'll have the best defense in the nation, IMO.

Whoops, I didn't even count, I just assumed he forgot Dahlen and added him on for 9. Doh! ???

Chris Porter has recently been moved up to Lincoln's second line (with Dan Irmen and John Snowden) and his +/- stats have improved because of it. He seems to have found his niche on that line as a grinder with Snowden being the sniper and Irmen the playmaker.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the following updates from Gordon Stafford (much appreciated!) I know the Macs Tourney has been mentioned here briefly:

* Drew has accepted an invitation to the 5 Nations Cup tournament in The Czech Republic, Feb 2-9, 2003, by the US Under 18 National Team.

* Drew was named to the All tournament team at the Macs Tournament in Calgary over Christmas break.

The BCHL Player of the Week (01/13/03) runner-up should interest some:

This week's runner-up is .... Brady Murray. The odds-on-favorite to claim the BCHL Rookie of the Year honour, Murray had three goals and nine points, including a game-winning goal and points in all three road wins last week for Salmon Arm. The University of North Dakota-bound winger has 30-45-75 after being one of the most sought after recruits coming into the league this season.

The POTW was his linemate Nikiforuk (a ten point week) who's going to Omaha.

Murray and Niki are lighting it up in the BCHL. Good web site to visit; good videos of goals, Murray often (usually) in them.

Looks like they've picked up another scorer from Vernon, who, I believe, is playing with Murray and Nikiforuk (Omaha). Josh Ciocco, a UNH recruit, is now third in scoring on the team.

That's a classic squirt picture! I played in the first three Fargo Flyers International Squirt Tournaments and remember the Tuxedo Espress team. They used to come down all the time. I think I still have a pin from them. It was my prized posession, I actually had a parent offer me $20 for it. The Canadian teams were all class acts.

As a side note, that might be of some interest to Sioux fans. Either the first of second year of the Squirt Tournament the Grand Forks team played Brandon (MB) Jr. Wheat Kings in the championship game. Jason Blake scored the game winner and in defeat the Brandon team held up thier sticks for GF to skate through, and Blake in prime form at age 11 skated through with his stick in the air and knocked all of Brandon's sticks down. I loved having Blake on UND's team but he's always been a jerk.

Lamoreaux beat Sedevie 5-2 last night. Although Porter was pointless, he's done well since he turned it around in December. Lincoln's Division 1 forward recruits have the following numbers for the ten games played to date in 2003:

Irmen 7-5-12

Porter 4-6-10

Potulny 3-6-9

Backes 5-3-8

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty nice game last night for Brady Murray:

VERNON VIPERS 2 at SALMON ARM SILVERBACKS 4

VE- 1) Chad Murray(Han, Claffey), 2) Bryan McGregor(Reaney, Kisio).

SA- 1) Brady Murray(Nikiforuk), 2) Murray(Nikiforuk, Veideman), 3) SHG/WG- Murray(Nikiforuk, Kestell), 4) PPG-Alex Nikiforuk(Murray, Veideman).